IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

I hope you all have to scoff 'umble pie because all this negative stuff about Dean Holden (if he is actually chosen) is disrespectful. He is a decent man and deserves to be given a fair chance and deserves the support of fans, whatever their view on who they would have preferred for the job.  If we can be really positive, maybe this will benefit the very young players who are going to make a real splash this coming season. Please don't let the "so called" fans drown them in a sea of negativity!

You really don’t have a clue do you????

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Valid points but from a board/club perspective it feels counterproductive. The uncertainty does no one any good. Surely it’s better to announce it - even if it’s with relatively little fanfare.

Feels very a strange PR strategy. Perhaps they’re going to announce some good signings as early as possible to dampen the blow. If Eliasson and Diedhiou both go, that’s more bad PR from two popular players leaving. Dean will have his work cut out, he’s going to have to start very well.

There waiting for fan anger to blow over

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

If Eliasson and Diedhiou both go, that’s more bad PR from two popular players leaving. Dean will have his work cut out, he’s going to have to start very well.

The Eliasson situation is getting weirder, if this article from a couple of days ago (https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-winger-opens-up-4392893.amp) is up to date then Nic was in Sweden this week and since Sweden is not on the safe travel list he’ll have to quarantine for two weeks when he gets back, meaning he’ll miss most of preseason. 

16 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

I hope you all have to scoff 'umble pie because all this negative stuff about Dean Holden (if he is actually chosen) is disrespectful. He is a decent man and deserves to be given a fair chance and deserves the support of fans, whatever their view on who they would have preferred for the job.  If we can be really positive, maybe this will benefit the very young players who are going to make a real splash this coming season. Please don't let the "so called" fans drown them in a sea of negativity!

Horseshit. No one is questioning his personality or if he is a decent man, are you that stupid you cannot understand people do no want him because he is not the right candidate for the job. The club had a chance to unite the fanbase after being split for so long, they have blown it plus risk removing all the good work done since our promotion, open your eyes. Idiot.

13 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

'Deserve'.

Go on then, why does he deserve the chance?

A job like this is earned. Being one of LJ's failed brigade doesn't deserve anything except thanks for your time and effort here and there's the door. Move on.

13 minutes ago, Sturny said:

image.png.a7375309a4bece2069f26a85c166074c.png

Is this true?

This is almost unbelievable. Two club legends who have a better sense of our supporters and their mentality, and who are also in serious credit with all true fans of the club, a lot more than most, have removed social media accounts in supposed readiness for what is about to happen.

Even club employees and those with legend status seem to have wind of the dis-harmony and chaos that will come with the appointment of Dean Holden (who I personally wish all the best), and yet after the hierarchy of the club look set to still press on with it. What does that actually say?

Again, I hope I’m wrong and it’s not Dean Holden, but if it is, it’ll be the people who have mis-communicated and seemingly embarked on a completely random and flawed recruitment process that I’ll look at, not the man himself.

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

Wrong strategy. Indicates a lack of faith in Holden too. If he’s their man, they should own the appointment and assure fans he will be backed with transfers and that our promotion aims are the same.

Yep, it happens when we are in a bad patch, ashton and co disappear,

Its called bad leadership 

16 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

He is. That’s why if it goes pear shaped any anger will be directed at the board and Ashton and not him.

It will be only apathy that leads to me not requesting a refund on my SC for this season if the Holden appointment materialises; if I hadn't purchased it yet then with the added effects of Covid I probably would have cancelled it for the year.  I hope the club doesn't see a significant demand for refunds - for whatever reason- as revenue hits will be damaging.

1 hour ago, sinenomine said:

Either way OTIB is going to get a hell of a lot more entertaining when an appointment is made too. 

A colossal meltdown or a lot of backtracking and humble pie. 

No humble pie will be required. We’re working with the information we’ve been given combined with the stated ambitions of the board. Appointing Holden does not match those statements.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

No humble pie will be required. We’re working with the information we’ve been given combined with the states ambitions of the board. Appointing Holden does not match those statements.

Exactly - people on here can be obsessed with point scoring. The 'humble pie' thing would only apply if people were actively hoping Holden failed. People aren't, we want the club to succeed just think it's a poor appointment and are angry with the board for raising expectations.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Exactly - people on here can be obsessed with point scoring. The 'humble pie' thing would only apply if people were actively hoping Holden failed. People aren't, we want the club to succeed just think it's a poor appointment and are angry with the board for raising expectations.

Not raising expectations fogg, outright lying to the fan/customer base, they really have no clue how damaging this is

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Yep, it happens when we are in a bad patch, ashton and co disappear,

Its called bad leadership 

While it is debatable that the football leadership has been lacking in recent seasons I don't think there can be much disagreement that the clubs communication strategy reflects very poorly on the leaders responsible.

Sometimes I imagine the powers that be getting really angry at us lot and what they might perceive as 'relentless pessimism (not how I see it); I'd have more respect if they came out and said 'FFS you lot, stop moaning!' ?  Because you know they will hate the bad PR shitstorm that is already happening and which is set to worsen post-Holden annoucement.  They could be doing a lot to mitigate the effects of that by not hiding and owning the appointment. What a mess.

I apologise to all those who do not seem to detect a negative vibe towards DH in vast numbers of the postings on all the various threads about the change of manager.  There have even been people saying that they hope he fails. Not a time for virtue signalling but a time to get behind Dean Holden IF he is the chosen one.  We have no idea if the other candidates made unreasonable demands or were not suited to the job specification on offer. People who would trash their season cards, never go again or refuse to buy merchandise - can hardly claim to be supportive of whoever gets the job or the club itself. 

7 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

The Eliasson situation is getting weirder, if this article from a couple of days ago (https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-winger-opens-up-4392893.amp) is up to date then Nic was in Sweden this week and since Sweden is not on the safe travel list he’ll have to quarantine for two weeks when he gets back, meaning he’ll miss most of preseason. 

Half the Leeds side are/were in Spain as well. I mentioned it on another thread the other day, I wonder if they’ll think they’re different to the rest of us when it comes to it.  

Just now, Sturny said:

I'm not sure which would've been more despressing. Keeping LJ for another season or Holden getting appointed. Gobsmacked 

Holden unquestionably worse in my opinion. LJ has substantial experience as a number one and he has, at times, delivered some good football, signed some very good players, and ultimately left the club in a stronger position than he left it. He had sufficient standing in the wider football world to be able to attract some quality signings. Holden has no such credentials.

Just now, Bat Fastard said:

I apologise to all those who do not seem to detect a negative vibe towards DH in vast numbers of the postings on all the various threads about the change of manager.  There have even been people saying that they hope he fails. Not a time for virtue signalling but a time to get behind Dean Holden IF he is the chosen one.  We have no idea if the other candidates made unreasonable demands or were not suited to the job specification on offer. People who would trash their season cards, never go again or refuse to buy merchandise - can hardly claim to be supportive of whoever gets the job or the club itself. 

where has anyone said they hope he fails? I haven't seen one post

Just now, Bat Fastard said:

I think all of us want to see City succeed, regardless of who the manager is. We just strongly disagree that this is the right person to achieve the club's stated ambitions.

Archived