IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Exactly, Ashton

Exactly, Ashton will spin that after  extensive interviews Dean was the stand out candidate (is better than Hughton Cook Gerrard Lowe etc) , don't forget when LJ was appointed Ashton claimed he'd carried out an exhaustive search and the one name that always came up as the best young coach in the country was LJ- and HE recommend him to SL , not the other way around.

Mind you following the 8 game losing run I heard him mention ....when Steve appointed Lee.... during one of his interviews !

If he comes out with anything close to that.......FFS.

It is however going to be fascinating how this is spun.

Irrelvant however as nobody will buy it. They have damaged themselves and their reputation irreversibly.

Just now, mozo said:

The only difference between your more positive stance, and the stance of the majority, is that you're putting trust in the City board to do the right things and make the right decisions. 

I suppose time will tell if that trust is well-placed or mis-placed, although you may choose to back them regardless of how well or badly things go on the pitch.

Urekal!! 

There is one positive with this appointment in that we can literally judge the decision makers with no excuses to be made for failure. For the foreseeable future there will be no negativity or toxic atmosphere at the ground. No booing, no mass exodus when the opposition score their fourth goal after half an hour etc. There are no excuses.

If a masterstroke has been pulled off then the upstairs mob get all the plaudits. If the new manager is incapable of carrying out the brief clearly set out by the benefactor on the radio recently then the responsibility for that is clear for all to see and there will be no hiding places for the Lansdowns and Mark Ashton.

1 minute ago, Bat Fastard said:

I could say that you have blind faith that it has been a shambles. I have no idea what the truth is - and I suspect that you have no "inside track" on the operation of the board. Yes I have faith that those in authority at AG will try to do their best and make a good decision. Straight from the philosophy of Socrates!!

It obviously has been a total shambles it’s been 5 weeks and we’re pissing about possibly on the verge of appointing a man who has zero credentials to land the top job, total shambles.

29 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

don't forget when LJ was appointed Ashton claimed he'd carried out an exhaustive search and the one name that always came up as the best young coach in the country was LJ- and HE recommend him to SL

Just wasted two minutes trying to work out who HE was    ?

30 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Well as one of the first points in the process was publicly stating the required task of the successful candidate, a task that Holden has nothing on his CV to indicate he can achieve, and publicly using the terms "a breath of fresh air" and "someone coming into the club", then yes. You're damn right that I question the process.

But you don't know what was in the specification or DHs CV - or even if DH has the job.  I have a more open mind and trust the board.

Just now, Bat Fastard said:

I keep trying to add "if it is DH" with if being the operative word. We have no idea what is going on but I trust the experienced and smart people on the board to make the right decision and I will support the chosen person because I have no choice - I cannot stop supporting Bristol City.

We all support Bristol City, however we all need to accept reality that this has been a shambles. 
We’ve had Ashton telling us we would be surprised the calibre of applicants. 
SL saying LJ was sacked because he didn’t deliver his targets and wants Prem and a breath of fresh air in the club. 
Like I said before it’s the timing of the appointment and treating us to tit bits and then delivering us DH as he was the target all along. 
I’ve always defended SL in the past but felt he became stubborn when LJ went on bad runs, the football went dour. 
Like I said, I feel sorry for DH (and will support if appointed) as I think he will just be the boards pawn. 

1 hour ago, TomThumb84 said:

It all points to this:

We thought it would be easy to appoint a high profile replacement for LJ based on clubs own opinion of themselves

Potential high profile appointments don’t want to work with the constraints of the structure of the club

Divisions within said hierarchy around reduction/relinquishing of responsibility to high profile appointment

Dean Holden identified as the option that appeases all under a blanket of pandemic/financial concerns

Massive mis-judgment of fan base mood regarding potential appointment and the fact that this is almost impossible to spin or justify based on “on the record” interviews and transcript pointing to the exact opposite of appointing from within again

And as we speak probably some sort of fire-fight/damage limitation meeting around best way out of this entire mess after nearly 5 weeks

It smacks of mis-judgment at best or being inwardly conceited and self-indulgent at worst

If the club reaches its first, second, third or even fourth choice and it’s taken this long to thrash out then that’s barely understandable, but to blatantly dis-regard/ignore their own intentions with this appointment and therefore appoint based on a set of objectives that they stated categorically and then choose to ignore is ridiculous.

Nice eloquent summary. 

1 hour ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Hang on though, LJ made noises that signings was done by Ashton. 

Can you honestly say that without an injured strike force in preseason that they would of taken a chance with Bobby up front? If they felt that way why not do it sooner when we were struggling?

How many have we actually bought that we’ve progressed on? 

We don’t know definitively which signings are LJs pick but because his career rests on their success he takes some blame/praise depending on how they go.

Apparently the Reid idea was bought to his attention by his analysts, he tried it and it worked. He deserves credit for that.

4 minutes ago, mozo said:

What would it take for you to consider Holden (theoretically) to be a bad appointment? What does certified failure look like?

It is impossible to answer because I will never be in possession of the facts - only the board know which elements were weighed in which manner to make the decision. We will only know in a year or so from the evidence of our own eyes - either taking into account or choosing to ignore things like injuries, loss of form and if players are sold and not adequately replaced.

8 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

If he comes out with anything close to that.......FFS.

It is however going to be fascinating how this is spun.

Irrelvant however as nobody will buy it. They have damaged themselves and their reputation irreversibly.

He won't come out with anything. He runs for cover when there is s*** flying about.

I wouldn't be surprised if Holden is just announced through an article on the OS.

5 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

My god, if you were CH,would you honestly be holding out all this time for Bristol ###### City?

Just announce Dean and let's just move on. Or just give the job to Famara.

Good call. He could give himself some support up front.

Just now, Bat Fastard said:

It is impossible to answer because I will never be in possession of the facts - only the board know which elements were weighed in which manner to make the decision. We will only know in a year or so from the evidence of our own eyes - either taking into account or choosing to ignore things like injuries, loss of form and if players are sold and not adequately replaced.

It seems like you've created conditions in which your faith can never be wrong. 

1 minute ago, Superjack said:

He won't come out with anything. He runs for cover when there is s*** flying about.

I wouldn't be surprised if Holden is just announced through an article on the OS.

Nah... he’ll bully JL into doing the press conference 

6 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

We all support Bristol City, however we all need to accept reality that this has been a shambles. 
We’ve had Ashton telling us we would be surprised the calibre of applicants. 
SL saying LJ was sacked because he didn’t deliver his targets and wants Prem and a breath of fresh air in the club. 
Like I said before it’s the timing of the appointment and treating us to tit bits and then delivering us DH as he was the target all along. 
I’ve always defended SL in the past but felt he became stubborn when LJ went on bad runs, the football went dour. 
Like I said, I feel sorry for DH (and will support if appointed) as I think he will just be the boards pawn. 

Once again, we do not know what went on behind the boardroom door - and I doubt if we will ever know. People who assume that it has all gone pear shaped are normally those who favoured a particular famous candidate. We have no realistic option but to trust the board. 

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

We don’t know definitively which signings are LJs pick but because his career rests on their success he takes some blame/praise depending on how they go.

Apparently the Reid idea was bought to his attention by his analysts, he tried it and it worked. He deserves credit for that.

Ok if I concede that one, who else is there? 
Lloyd Kelly was academy who LJ brought in then dropped. 
Kodjia was not really anything to do with LJ, we got good money for him because Villa was chucking money round like idiots. 
Webster was a good find but it was not expected to be that much and did have a lot of injuries previously. 
How many have we really actually developed? 

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

It seems like you've created conditions in which your faith can never be wrong. 

The elements in play here are reason, appetite and passion. I am leaning towards reason whilst some on here are allowing their judgements to be clouded by passions or appetites.

2 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Once again, we do not know what went on behind the boardroom door - and I doubt if we will ever know. People who assume that it has all gone pear shaped are normally those who favoured a particular famous candidate. We have no realistic option but to trust the board. 

I don’t think the board know what is going on behind the scenes and they are actually in the room. 

Archived