IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

But you don't know what was in the specification or DHs CV - or even if DH has the job.  I have a more open mind and trust the board.

No. You don't have an open mind. You trust the board implicitly. That is not having an open mind. 

Just now, Superjack said:

In other words, you have no choice.

In other words WE will have no choice. The candidate will be chosen for us and all be can do is support or revolt. I choose support and rather think that you will eventually come to the same conclusion.

Just now, Bat Fastard said:

The elements in play here are reason, appetite and passion. I am leaning towards reason whilst some on here are allowing their judgements to be clouded by passions or appetites.

How very condescending.

If you were leaning towards reason, you would be on the other side of the fence.

1 minute ago, Bat Fastard said:

Well I am open minded enough to support the decision of the board because that determines what will actually happen and who will be appointed.

The same person who in all but name heads that board board that appointed johnson Jr millen cop-out o'dismal mcinnis all failures,

I wouldnt trust them to chooses between dogshit and a chocolate bar,

And im considered a happy clapper.........

In other words WE will have no choice. The candidate will be chosen for us and all be can do is support or revolt. I choose support and rather think that you will eventually come to the same conclusion.

I wouldn't bet on it if I were you.

Just now, Colemanballs said:

No. You don't have an open mind. You trust the board implicitly. That is not having an open mind. 

I am realistic and realise that whatever anyone thinks matters little. The board will choose the next manager whatever we think. We support or revolt. I choose support.

3 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

I don’t think the board know what is going on behind the scenes and they are actually in the room. 

Of course you may well be right - we have no idea.

1 minute ago, Bat Fastard said:

I am realistic and realise that whatever anyone thinks matters little. The board will choose the next manager whatever we think. We support or revolt. I choose support.

So, you support anything and everything the board choose to do, no matter how ridiculous? 

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

The same person who in all but name heads that board board that appointed johnson Jr millen cop-out o'dismal mcinnis all failures,

I wouldnt trust them to chooses between dogshit and a chocolate bar,

And im considered a happy clapper.........

Hopefully people learn from experience. 

7 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

The elements in play here are reason, appetite and passion. I am leaning towards reason whilst some on here are allowing their judgements to be clouded by passions or appetites.

OK then. Take 'passion' and 'appetite' out of it and turn it into a hypothetical. If a club, let's say Derby (as we have no emotional tie to them) had said they were looking for someone to take them to the next level and bring a breath of fresh air into the club, were then linked with a few high profile names that fit the above criteria but then took 5 weeks to end up appointing someone internally, would you say that looks like what they were planning all along? It strikes me you're just being difficult for the sake of it.

Just now, Colemanballs said:

So, you support anything and everything the board choose to do, no matter how ridiculous? 

Well if I support Bristol City, do I withdraw my support of well over 50 years because someone does something that I do not agree with??

7 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Ok if I concede that one, who else is there? 
Lloyd Kelly was academy who LJ brought in then dropped. 
Kodjia was not really anything to do with LJ, we got good money for him because Villa was chucking money round like idiots. 
Webster was a good find but it was not expected to be that much and did have a lot of injuries previously. 
How many have we really actually developed? 

It’s been done to death on here so I will just give you a short answer with a few examples.. 

You forgot Brownhill which is another big success.

Webster obviously a huge success. Kelly was academy developed but still was blooded under Johnson so another one for him.

If Diedhiou or Eliasson leave for profit (which under normal circumstances they would) both of them.  

Not our player of course but Abraham left here a better player. 

I really don’t understand why some refuse to give Johnson credit, it was right he was sacked but he clearly developed us some players. People should be objective.

Well if I support Bristol City, do I withdraw my support of well over 50 years because someone does something that I do not agree with??

No. But you would be entitled to express your disagreement. Unless, of course, you were a pawn of the club. 

Regardless of who the board choose. 

Do you think 5 weeks to still not choose anyone with preseason starting back in 4 days time? 
How do you feel about Korey Smith not knowing whether to come on Monday or not? 

1 minute ago, citywest30 said:

OK take then'passion' and 'appetite' out of it and turn it into a hypothetical. If a club, let's say Derby (as we have no emotional tie to them) had said they were looking for someone to take them to the next level and bring a breath of fresh air into the club, were then linked with a few high profile names that fit the above criteria but then took 5 weeks to end up appointing someone internally, would you say that looks like what they were planning all along? It strikes me you're just being difficult for the sake of it.

You may well think that, but what if the process was to define the job, invite applications, interview, sieve and then do further interviews, take late applicants and add them to the process - only to find out that after all that work the best candidate was the previous number 2. If that was the case, would it be reasonable to select that individual at the end of the process?

3 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Well... if you believe some of my exes...

Exes can never be considered reliable reporters!!

13 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Trust/Faith isn't reason, or at least it is reason that is coloured by passion and appetite.

I wanted a new head coach to have relevant experience, a track record of success and a reputation in the game...hence I am not happy with Holden

You wanted whomever is selected by Steve Lansdown (because you trust his judgement)...hence you were guaranteed to be happy with Holden or any other appointment. 

4 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

You may well think that, but what if the process was to define the job, invite applications, interview, sieve and then do further interviews, take late applicants and add them to the process - only to find out that after all that work the best candidate was the previous number 2. If that was the case, would it be reasonable to select that individual at the end of the process?

Exes can never be considered reliable reporters!!

The process may well have been that but it doesn't change what the owner set out as the criteria at the start. If you can't see that for whatever reason along the way that changed then you're just being deliberately obtuse.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It’s been done to death on here so I will just give you a short answer with a few examples.. 

You forgot Brownhill which is another big success.

Webster obviously a huge success. Kelly was academy developed but still was blooded under Johnson so another one for him.

If Diedhiou or Eliasson leave for profit (which under normal circumstances they would) both of them.  

Not our player of course but Abraham left here a better player. 

I really don’t understand why some refuse to give Johnson credit, it was right he was sacked but he clearly developed us some players. People should be objective.

All players whose career trajectories were on the up in any event and would have improved in any event and counter-balanced by the numerous failures. The myth of Johnson as  someone who improved players is exactly that, a myth. 

1 minute ago, mozo said:

Trust/Faith isn't reason, or at least it is reason that is coloured by passion and appetite.

I wanted a new head coach to have relevant experience, a track record of success and a reputation in the game...hence I am bit happy with Holden

You wanted whomever is selected by Steve Lansdown (becauseyou trust hos judgement...hence you were guaranteed to be happy with Holden or any other appointment. 

Mozo we have no bloody choice. My cold reasoning is that whatever I think makes bugger all difference - so I support whoever emerges. I would even support you if you were the chosen one!

2 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

The process may well have been that but it doesn't change what the owner set out as the criteria at the start. If you can't see that for whatever reason along the way that changed then you're just being deliberately obtuse.

You are dismissing the fact that DH (if it is DH) was chosen on objective criteria after being compared with all other candidates.  Maybe, just maybe, he won on merit - if win he  did.

2 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Mozo we have no bloody choice. My cold reasoning is that whatever I think makes bugger all difference - so I support whoever emerges. I would even support you if you were the chosen one!

I will support whoever is appointed.

I don't have to support the board in a ridiculous decision that goes against every stated aim.

2 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Please make an exception of I ever get the role! I can't be trusted with that responsibility!

2 minutes ago, Superjack said:

I will support whoever is appointed.

I don't have to support the board in a ridiculous decision that goes against every stated aim.

Your choice of course.

1 minute ago, mozo said:

Please make an exception of I ever get the role! I can't be trusted with that responsibility!

You are way too modest!!

I don't know about anyone else but I'm looking forward to what tomorrow brings.  

Does anyone know of an event in history that occurred on the 7th August that the media team can tenuously link to a player or former player of ours.

I'm going to go for Independence day for the Ivory coast with an image of Kodjia!

19 minutes ago, Colemanballs said:

All players whose career trajectories were on the up in any event and would have improved in any event and counter-balanced by the numerous failures. The myth of Johnson as  someone who improved players is exactly that, a myth. 

I think that’s very unfair but as above it’s been done to death on here. I disagree completely but won’t change your mind so that’s fine. At least we agree on Holden

Archived