IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Realistically we do not know the job specification. IF it is DH selected then it may be due to his enthusiasm to bring on the younger players whilst CH may have been an old man in a hurry, preferring to buy success with SLs wealth - but that is not the club ethos. If you think CH the better choice - better at what - developing young players who might be sold before they can help deliver promotion. We should know the job specification before we can really judge.

Better at promotion. He's been there, done it, on more than one occasion. SL was quoted saying our aim and goal is to get to the Premier League as quickly as possible. If that's true, you don't then bloody appoint someone with absolutely zero experience just because they're 'enthusiastic' and might play some youngsters. 

Actions speak louder than words. The board will be held accountable if they mess up this appointment. 

40 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

I have covered this before. It is only that your views are so set that you cannot come to the possible conclusion that DH (IF it is DH) won through on merit after an exhaustive process.

Yes it is my view but I accept that the board (SL) may have changed their minds on what they were looking for during the process. That doesn't change the fact that it is not what SL was looking for initially which you don't seem to accept. It is also my view that the change in heart was largely in part due to not getting what they initially set out to get. You're not getting it tho so I'm done.

13 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

The specifications will have been decided in advance and we simply cannot know what happened during the process. The best candidate will be selected - and i, for one, will support that candidate.

If the specifications were decided in advance, why did they go public with other specifications?

7 minutes ago, Matty Taylors a Red said:

Specifications being decided in advance automatically makes them right? Don’t think so. If MA/SL decided in advance that they wanted the tallest manager this time around, is that right and would that produce the best candidate? Of course not!

And how do you know that the best candidate will be selected? Whether you mean objectively the best or the best based on these “specifications”, you can’t possibly know for a fact that the best coach will be selected. You can believe it all you want but it doesn’t make it true. 

I would not be at all surprised to learn that the important items in the spec were things to do with development and playing young players in the first team, both to build sale value and to hopefully have a less expensive crack at promotion in a season when cash will be in short supply.  Many of the older big name candidates may have had issues with this - hence not being chosen. But, as yet, we do not know who has been selected.

2 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

Yes it is my view but I accept that the board (SL) may have changed their minds on what they were looking for during the process. That doesn't change the fact that it is not what SL was looking for initially which you don't seem to accept. It is also my view that the change in heart was largely in part due to not getting what they initially set out to get. You're not getting it tho so I'm done.

Thank **** for that

5 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Not on

www.bigtrannybras.com

So I’ve been told...

You are paying well over the odds there mate.Much cheaper ones available at......oh hang on, I'm not saying...umm,gotta go there is someone at the door.......

1 minute ago, Bat Fastard said:

I would not be at all surprised to learn that the important items in the spec were things to do with development and playing young players in the first team, both to build sale value and to hopefully have a less expensive crack at promotion in a season when cash will be in short supply.  Many of the older big name candidates may have had issues with this - hence not being chosen. But, as yet, we do not know who has been selected.

Not taking the 'next step' to the Premier League then.

As publicly stated.

3 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

speculation and surmise. But that is all any of us have.

1 minute ago, Bat Fastard said:

We do not know if we have any new player lined up this window.  Patience is a virtue.

I was talking about managers/head coaches, not players.

If we have a player lined up, then that confirms who identifies our signings, does it not?

13 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

The answer is that I am passionate about Bristol City. Boards, managers and players come and go - but as long as I have life in this ageing body I will support whatever is put in front of me. I have supported in every division and really enjoyed some of the lower as well as the higher level football.  Bristol City is part of what I am and I simply cannot change that.  I am realistic enough to know that whatever I think it amounts to diddlysquat.  Others make the decisions, who we buy, who manages, what shirts we wear etc etc

Ok thanks matey and what I suspected.

I’ve followed this club since the 1960’s, but I’ll confess my actual attendance at matches isn’t unconditional.  I’ll always follow results and any news on the club regarless, but if this appointment is confirmed, I’ll feel like the supporters have been seriously shafted by the board, so I’ll  make my protest in the only way us ‘customers’ can and will have no problem walking away and following from a distance.  

Although I’ve already renewed my ST for this season and turned down the opportunity of a refund for last season, I’ll certainly take it, if it’s offered this year.

My love of football in general has waned in recent years and the last two seasons has texted me to the limit.  If DH is now appointed after all the hype we’ve had from senior people at the club, this will be the very large straw that broke this particular camel’s back sadly.

43 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

I have covered this before. It is only that your views are so set that you cannot come to the possible conclusion that DH (IF it is DH) won through on merit after an exhaustive process.

But that's garbage because in what world would DH come out on top after an exhaustive process when the criteria set by SL himself was

Fresh face

manager to take us to the next level

managerial experience

previous promotion experience

managing at the top level

have more that 10 games as a manager on his CV.

The top 2 examples were set by SL himself and anyone with an ounce of sense, when looking for a Championship manager to crack the top 6 would be looking for the other examples. Where does DH fit in? and IYO where does he come out on top v any of the other names listed?? If your rebuttal is that we don't know what the criteria that was set for the new man was please save your breath. Any educated guesses could determine that the above examples would be near the top if City were actually serious about a promotion push. The only way it makes sense for DH to get the job was if the the club were lying about their ambitions for the club to begin with. Any decent manager wouldn't be interested if presented with say

stay in the division

maybe sell better players to balance books

no transfer budget or very low

board members have a say in football matters

If all the above were put forward I would say only DH would be interested and would be a perfect yes man for the job. 

2 minutes ago, collier said:

But that's garbage because in what world would DH come out on top after an exhaustive process when the criteria set by SL himself was

Fresh face

managerial experience

The top 2 examples were set by SL himself and anyone with an ounce of sense, when looking for a Championship manager to crack the top 6 would be looking for the other examples. Where does DH fit in? and IYO where does he come out on top v any of the other names listed?? If your rebuttal is that we don't know what the criteria that was set for the new man was please save your breath. Any educated guesses could determine that the above examples would be near the top if City were actually serious about a promotion push. The only way it makes sense for DH to get the job was if the the club were lying about their ambitions for the club to begin with. Any decent manager wouldn't be interested if presented with say

stay in the division

If all the above were put forward I would say only DH would be interested and would be a perfect yes man for the job. 

Again, out of likes.

But well said.

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

Waaaay too much smoke without fire now.

Actually cannot ******* believe this. McAllister staying too ?‍♂️

It's a ****ing joke.

Except that it isn't.

13 minutes ago, Superjack said:

I was talking about managers/head coaches, not players.

If we have a player lined up, then that confirms who identifies our signings, does it not?

We know that it is a team effort and Mark Ashton would do the negotiations. We also know that targets are lined up months in advance.  The coach will have to agree on the target, which puts DH in an advantageous position.

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Sure plenty will know of this chap:

I never liked Adam Ant.

3 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

This is the Steve Lansdown “ its my toy and I’ll do what I want “ 

There is a lot of crap to come from this and it is the beginning of the end for Lansdown . He has no idea how many are going to lay the truth out now .  

I for one hope so.

14 minutes ago, collier said:

Fresh face

managerial experience

stay in the division

The others may have ruled themselves out by refusing to work within the ethos of the club. We will never know.

1 hour ago, Akira said:

It's this type of mentality from fans that really does worry me. It means the board can do whatever the hell they want without fear. If they know fans will go along and be happy with whoever they appoint, we'll never progress. It always feels like 1 step forward, 2 back. 

SL's managerial appointment history is dire at best. He'll never be able to get away from the "Judge me on Tinnion" quote. And nor will we let him. Because its cheap option after cheap option. We've had a bloody good chance of progressing here, most fans know it, which is why most fans aren't blind to the obvious, that we could've have a well experienced manager to take us forward. But because of our set up, which I now firmly believe is holding us back, we appear to be going for someone who has no experience as a head coach/manager at all. 

With all due respect, I'm stunned that fans like yourself will be happy and go along with whoever they appoint. It's this kind of attitude that let's the board think they can do whatever they like. If holden gets the job, I'll be bitterly annoyed, and feel that we've just wasted the last 5 years and will go back to square one. Players certainly won't be attracted to the name of the manager, whereas with some others that are available, they would. 

I hope this is all just one giant wind up, but it's got all the hallmarks of a classic city cock-up once again, with the fans paying the price. 

“Classic City cock-up” ?

Perhaps the Copout memories are still pretty raw for SL...

1 minute ago, erndogz said:

Prince Charming was the pinnacle 

So let me get this straight. Holden - defensive coach, McAlistair- defensive coach and Ashley Williams - defensive coach. Clean sheet every game, no problem.

Walk the league 46 points.

No, it's another load of bollocks.

Archived