IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, bris red said:

Its worrying times indeed for our football club. Ive just been out for a few drinks on north street With a few lads i know and the vibe was one of utter disbelief amongst them. I think banners and physically going down to AG to show our displeasure is what is in order.

I don't know a single person who isn't furious and totally gob-smacked by this crazy, inexplicable decision (with the exception of the wind-up merchant bat fastard) 

4 minutes ago, lenred said:

But it’s not an excuse and people just won’t buy it (not saying you are btw) especially given what SL said on Talksport. All clubs are in the same boat with Covid and everyone in football will need to cut their cloth accordingly including managers looking for a new job / step up.  Also how does it make Holden look (and feel) if they essentially say he’s the cheap option because of the pandemic?  

Totally agree and I wouldn't buy that story if it hapoens, but they have to come up with something to counter act what they have already told us and suggesting Covid has had a bigger impact over the past 5 weeks than what they thought it would might come across to many as plauseable in their eyes

Just now, JollyestOli said:

I didn’t do it, but I’m glad people are. 

We can all sit here and moan on social media, or you can actually take some action and make yourselves heard.

Fair play to whoever’s behind these.

I can't believe that it was an adult.

To spend time with his crayons on a bit of scrap material, go to AG, and drape it on some railings. only for it to be binned by the morning. Ashton probably won't have a scooby it was there.

Ah well, each to his own. Live and let live and all that.

54 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

If, and I mean if this is true, then buckle in because it’s about to get worse.

What I would also say off the back of this (if true) is that I’ll probably view LJ’s time at the helm in a different light. If he had to put up with this kind of megalo/egomaniacal behaviour from the top then he actually didn’t do as much of a mediocre job as it appeared. This has the hallmarks of a vanity project appointment which has been overthought and over complicated to secure positions of influence.

Makes you wonder how much LJ may have been hamstrung by other vanity projects during his time which were thrust upon him that he then got criticism for:

Kent (looks great to get around a table with Liverpool) - costly and ineffective signing.

Nketiah (twice) (let’s get around a table with Arsenal) - all eggs in one basket and ultimately cost us (Benik was a late and great addition unfortunately scuppered by injury, but a wonderful guy to have around the club - but more luck than judgment in that, the timing of the deal on deadline day will tell you that).

Palmer (Chelsea, great we are dealing with these guys) - LJ clearly never fancied him, rightly or wrongly (for my money he should have played more last year).

Of course, the three examples above could be LJ signings, although I think it’s widely accepted now who has sign-off and negotiation on final targets.

I may be way off the mark, but the fact I am even thinking these things now is an indication that the whole thing is askew and possibly has been for a while.

If this is true, strap in everyone! Could be a bumpy couple of years.

Remember LJ used to say he had final sign-off on all signings..... I don’t remember him saying that in the last couple of years. Something changed. No wonder no real manager will consider the role. What a joke. I’m suddenly looking forward to LJ’s autobiography. 

1 minute ago, AshtonG666 said:

My guess is that they have tried and failed with a number of higher profile managers which who are out of our league financially and won't adhere to the club structure, so Holden is the only logical choice left

The fact he will be cheap, knows the club, will tow the line and the players like him goes in his favour, but they are missing the 1 key element they promised us and that's someone who wil help take us over the line which LJ failed to do

This smacks of lansdown not doing his research before giving LJ the bullet. Not understanding the expectations of the top managers in this league and what they need to achieve what he talked about on talksport. 

i remember when we came into this league and the comments from lansdown around unbelievable fees for players and wages, the gap between league one and the championship. The research wasn’t done then and it seems as if it hasn’t been done now, leaving us with egg on our face and a management team completely lacking in experience.

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

To spend time with his crayons on a bit of scrap material, go to AG, and drape it on some railings. only for it to be binned by the morning. Ashton probably won't have a scooby it was there.

Just found out who it was, it was a middle aged man.

Fair play to him, Lansdown will see that. He won’t see you whinging on here in the 58th page of the manager thread.

2 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

I don't know a single person who isn't furious and totally gob-smacked by this crazy, inexplicable decision (with the exception of the wind-up merchant bat fastard) 

Correct.

We have been utterly lied too.

I am actually stunned, when LJ went the last, the very last person that I thought  would get the gig  is DH.

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

No need to be so condescending, personally think there should be more of it

I am so angry at what our owner is doing and this sorry state of affairs these last few weeks.

Its embarrassing, its laughable inept. And he has effectively given the middle finger to fans.

Lets be under no illusions, any talk of promotion coming from any of those muppets mouth is nothing short of bullshit. If they still come up with that farcical nonsense know that its purely to try to part you of your money.

Well done SL. You can continue to have control over the football side. I hope you enjoy your little inputs your going to give our new puppet head coach. 

Im about done with the control freak now. 

1 minute ago, Red Army 87 said:

This smacks of lansdown not doing his research before giving LJ the bullet. Not understanding the expectations of the top managers in this league and what they need to achieve what he talked about on talksport. 

i remember when we came into this league and the comments from lansdown around unbelievable fees for players and wages, the gap between league one and the championship. The research wasn’t done then and it seems as if it hasn’t been done now, leaving us with egg on our face and a management team completely lacking in experience.

It's as someone posted earlier, they assumed that they'd be able to attract a top manager who would just agree to work with the structure in place without wanting more control.

It's both extremely naive and extremely arrogant.

3 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

Yes, that happened. The niavity is incredible. The Championship is the 5th biggest league in Europe.

3 minutes ago, JollyestOli said:

Just found out who it was, it was a middle aged man.

Fair play to him, Lansdown will see that. He won’t see you whinging on here in the 58th page of the manager thread.

I doubt Lansdown would bother with shit like this tbh.

2 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

No need to be so condescending, personally think there should be more of it

All about opinions, no problem with that.

But a middle aged bloke sat with his crayons scribbling on a bit of scrap, then going to AG to hang it on railings....

******* sad.

I'm just baffled by this whole saga, what on earth is going on? 

The longer it drags on I'm actually starting to worry something is fundamentally wrong at our club, be it financially or whatever.  The whole thing just seems weird now.

The only grain of hope I have that it isn't Holden, is surely he would have cut his holiday short to get going in what has to be a 'dream job' for him? And surely it wouldn't take 5 weeks to realise the next manager we want was right under our nose?

Or maybe Hughton demanded his own backroom staff and it was deemed too financially damning to pay everyone off in the current climate. So we have just gone with what we have + Williams. 

Or maybe the club is waiting for Hughton to agree Holden can stay. Who knows. Wish I didn't care.

Bored, frustrated, irritated and let down. 

Come on City, an update at least please for my own sanity!

Archived