IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, TomThumb84 said:

Can someone explain to me when it became such a heinous act for a fan of the club to express their opinion?

No doubt whoever did this pays towards the running of this football club, and therefore has a right to express their sentiment?

From what I can see here no one was hurt, and there isn’t any offensive language used. Why is this therefore a basis for scorn?

If anything, whether I agree with the message or not, the passion and expression should be respected no?

Why do we accept statements like this from “big” clubs who excerpt their will or view but don’t like it here?

Football is about passion, opinion and emotion in my opinion, and at this possibly crucial time for the club, I don’t think it’s a bad thing for the supporters to express themselves and their views within acceptable limits. 

Ran out of likes, but totally agree. There's a few fans on here that look down their nose upon those who dare tk express their dissatisfaction with the club that they love. 

Only way of letting the board know that fans are unhappy, is by making signs. Voices can't be heard in the ground anytime soon, so I say fair play, and actually hope for more signs. 

The way the club is set up is holding us back massively. 

Is it wrong that I can't WAIT for Ashton's black background, cross legged, new manager search, 45 minute special on BCTV?

I can hear it now...

MA INTERVIEW BINGO

Due dilligence

Extensive process

No stone unturned

Good shape 

Exciting

Future

Delighted

Detailed

Candidates

Contender

Promotion

Agile

Customer journey

Moving forward

Next level

Reach out

Aligned

Bottom line

At the end of the day

Value

Holistic

Culture

All of those guaranteed...

Screenshot_20200807-020523_YouTube.jpg

3 hours ago, Harry said:

I think Holden will do well. 

At Oldham. I wish him all the best. 

2 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Whats more likely

• City fans buying Covid as the cause behind Holden
  • General population buying the Tory excuses that Covid is why Brexit will be a massive failure

The govt are blaming covid for Brexit failure? I have not read that one anywhere! If your suggesting that's what they will say I'll wager a chunk of cash with you they don't.

The only way this timeline works is if we announce Stevie G.

Fair to say Rangers were not going to get passed Bayer L, and we were waiting until this was resolved. 

Stevie G on a pre contact. He leaves Rangers and DH is to take pre - season against his wishes. 

..... Well if we are going to widely speculate!!

I wrote this in the Everton thread but it probably deserves to reside here if you read beyond the first paragraph.

Ancelotti is an interesting example. I may have the wrong club but I recall reading his departure from Inter was met with significant relief due to his high spending and boring tactics.

I have heard the same criticism levelled at Hughton.

I have said I would take boring football for a while to get us properly challenging because let's face it we have only really flirted with the playoffs during LJ's tenure only to end up as powder puffs.

To imagine Holden would do any better is frankly laughable. The one quality he lacks without any hint of controversy is gravitas. Hughton has it. Especially young players are hugely motivated by characters they can look up to.

To suggest SL does not get this or is contemplating turning his back on perhaps the one missing attribute of Johnson would be unfathomable.

This is absolutely nothing to do with Covid19 and budgetary restraints. If that is the yarn we will be fed all we have to do is remind everybody of the disparity in prize money between the two divisions... 3 million and 120 million per season... 4 full seasons, effectively, of Lee Johnson is close to a half billion loss of revenue. 

With Steve's financial services background he knows this better than anyone. So it is not exaggeration, at all, to then say it is suicidal to employ a novice. End of story.

33 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I wrote this in the Everton thread but it probably deserves to reside here if you read beyond the first paragraph.

Ancelotti is an interesting example. I may have the wrong club but I recall reading his departure from Inter was met with significant relief due to his high spending and boring tactics.

I have heard the same criticism levelled at Hughton.

I have said I would take boring football for a while to get us properly challenging because let's face it we have only really flirted with the playoffs during LJ's tenure only to end up as powder puffs.

To imagine Holden would do any better is frankly laughable. The one quality he lacks without any hint of controversy is gravitas. Hughton has it. Especially young players are hugely motivated by characters they can look up to.

To suggest SL does not get this or is contemplating turning his back on perhaps the one missing attribute of Johnson would be unfathomable.

This is absolutely nothing to do with Covid19 and budgetary restraints. If that is the yarn we will be fed all we have to do is remind everybody of the disparity in prize money between the two divisions... 3 million and 120 million per season... 4 full seasons, effectively, of Lee Johnson is close to a half billion loss of revenue. 

With Steve's financial services background he knows this better than anyone. So it is not exaggeration, at all, to then say it is suicidal to employ a novice. End of story.

Is there a more pointless club than Everton? Never going to be top 6, never in a relegation fight, never going to win a cup and forever in there neighbours shadow, great fans though

4 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

Is there a more pointless club than Everton? Never going to be top 6, never in a relegation fight, never going to win a cup and forever in there neighbours shadow, great fans though

I’m not sure that’s strictly true, they have won the league 9 times, last 86/87 which was only a couple of years longer ago than Liverpool last won the league until this season.  They have a great new stadium on the horizon, successful new manager in Ancellotti.  Yes in the Prem era it’s not done much but arguably nor have Liverpool compared to the 80’s.

12 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

Wish we were as pointless as Everton. We’ve done absolutely nothing in 125 years of history.

31 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

None of that is correct apart from the great fans bit.

58 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I’m not sure that’s strictly true, they have won the league 9 times, last 86/87 which was only a couple of years longer ago than Liverpool last won the league until this season.  They have a great new stadium on the horizon, successful new manager in Ancellotti.  Yes in the Prem era it’s not done much but arguably nor have Liverpool compared to the 80’s.

86/87 was nearly 35 years ago, in fairness I do seem to remember them winning the Cup about 25 years ago, 1-0 against Utd? 

56 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Wish we were as pointless as Everton. We’ve done absolutely nothing in 125 years of history.

Pointless was probably the wrong word, I was trying to quote a couple of Evertonians I met recently who were totally cheesed off particularly when they see the likes ofLeicester, Wolves & Sheff Utd leap-frog them 

1 hour ago, Galway Red said:

Which is why they bought in a world class manager in the hope to break out . 

It may not work but at least their fans can see the desire and are right behind the club. 

4 hours ago, Lordofthebling said:

Is it wrong that I can't WAIT for Ashton's black background, cross legged, new manager search, 45 minute special on BCTV?

I can hear it now...

MA INTERVIEW BINGO

Due dilligence

Extensive process

No stone unturned

Good shape 

Exciting

Future

Delighted

Detailed

Candidates

Contender

Promotion

Agile

Customer journey

Moving forward

Next level

Reach out

Aligned

Bottom line

At the end of the day

Value

Holistic

Culture

All of those guaranteed...

Screenshot_20200807-020523_YouTube.jpg

The blokes a f****** robot. 

6 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

You literally can't look at those three names and comprehend they could be our management trio in the Championship. It's insane!

Managing a side who are about to move into a multi million pound luxury training ground and play at one of the best stadiums in the Championship. The infrastructure in place of a Premier League club.

Would you like a Premier League proven manager to go with that?

Nah you're alright mate, we got Dean Holden

40 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

86/87 was nearly 35 years ago, in fairness I do seem to remember them winning the Cup about 25 years ago, 1-0 against Utd? 

I was at Wembley in 66 as a Sheff Wed supporter v Everton, I remember that day as it is etched on my memory, 2-0 up, lost 3-2 and that night my ( and @CyderInACan and @SuperDziek ) granddad passed away.

9 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Which stage of grief will I start finding this funny? 

Next tine you are working with LJ and trying to console the poor bastard over a pint whilst he is rocking back and forward sucking his thumb muttering "Holden,McAllister,Williams" over and over again.

LJ has been royally screwed-over here.

Those 3 either agreed with him, or didn't and said nothing.

There's a word for those 3 - ask LJ what it is, Will.

7 hours ago, collier said:

Please, I have heard this crap so often now. No, if we wanted to just hang around the division forever then yes just employ DH. We have 90% of the pieces in place to be a top 6 side. We need a manager to accompany these pieces. This is why they can get away with even entertaining the thought of employing a nobody who hasn't managed 10 ******* games!! We have fans who will accept whatever shite is thrown at them. We have been towing the line with LJ for years and getting mid table finishes and seeing young players come through. We even saw some good attacking football for a while but after all that look where we are. In the same place we started with people willing to accept mediocrity again. Get a decent experienced manager in to compliment the decent squad we have here now, maybe a bigger name than LJ can get our better player who are on the fence about leaving to stay, WTF is DH going to be able to offer in coaching ability to better the players we have here. He has been here through half of the shite we been seeing lately. The players can't have any respect for him as a manager as he has never ever been one ffs!!

What, apart from Oldham?  And one thing I do know is that the players have got an awful lot of respect for Holden...

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

What, apart from Oldham?  And one thing I do know is that the players have got an awful lot of respect for Holden...

As a manager? Or as a person/friend?

Just now, SX227 said:

Next tine you are working with LJ and trying to console the poor bastard over a pint whilst he is rocking back and forward sucking his thumb muttering "Holden,McAllister,Williams" over and over again.

LJ has been royally screwed-over here.

Those 3 either agreed with him, or didn't and said nothing.

There's a word for those 3 - ask LJ what it is, Will.

Would b interesting in LJ’s thoughts about all this. I’ve said this on another post but as a coach how many of our players have actually improved under this coaching set up. The style of football this season and last has been poor and Holden has been apart of that. I think most would accept the appointment if we’d been playing good football and can see improvement in players but there’s no evidence of that being the case.

Surely an appointment today ?

Archived