IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Maybe it’s a bit of a positive that DH hasn’t been announced yet.  Could he just be standing by as first reserve if other negotiations fall through?

If DH was nailed on, surely it would have been done by now, so there must be other irons in the fire.

Yet again with Bristol City, it’s the hope that kills you ?

5 minutes ago, Hellfire Corner said:

Glad you liked Stackridge. Check out more. My favourite ever group. I can imagine Lummy Days would be a great tune for the team to walk out to!

I’m sure the guy who used to sort our Macs and IT played with Stackridge. Can’t remember his name...

27 minutes ago, Moderator said:

EMOTIONS ARE CURRENTLY RUNNING HIGH AND THERE ARE VARIOUS OPINIONS ON WHO SHOULD AND SHOULDN'T BE APPOINTED

BUT WE ARE RECEIVING MORE AND MORE REPORTS ON HERE IN RELATION TO REPLIES BECOMING MORE AND MORE PERSONAL TOWARDS THE POSTER

PLEASE CAN EVERYONE REMEMBER THAT WE ARE ALL BRISTOL CITY FANS AND TO NOT GET PERSONAL IN REPLIES

I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.

A day may come when the courage of men fails,when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship,but it is not this day.

An hour of wolves and shattered shields,when the age of men comes crashing down,but it is not this day!

By all that you hold dear on this good Earth,

I bid you stand, Men of the West!!!

8 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Maybe it’s a bit of a positive that DH hasn’t been announced yet.  Could he just be standing by as first reserve if other negotiations fall through?

If DH was nailed on, surely it would have been done by now, so there must be other irons in the fire.

Yet again with Bristol City, it’s the hope that kills you ?

The delay makes no sense - surely the club could announce Holden and a press conference take place at a later date? 

8 minutes ago, mozo said:

Doe we know which outcome could favour a move for Hughton? Is it live on Sky?!

If you think the FA cup draw is boring, this would be a whole new level. Still, bound to be better than the normal dribble on SSN. 

I’d imagine a loosening of FFP restrictions for 20/21 would make Hughton more feasible. Whereas a salary cap would make it that much less likely, although, then again it might help to force his hand as he’d have the same restrictions wherever he went. Here’s hoping either way...

20 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

The league vote today might play some role in the decision making. 

Have we asked the league to decide who we should appoint?  :laughcont:

14 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I feel like a lame dog just waiting to be put out of its misery. 

This is getting a little silly. 

And give the moderator message above, I’d just like to say @Bat Fastard, despite our glaring differences of opinion, I wholly respect the way you’ve handled yourself here. Go get yourself a beer. 

Thank you Fordy. Beer is always good!  There are a couple of the usual suspects who used to haunt the politics forum, who like to get rude and personal. No need because we should all be on the same side and the common link is our passion for Bristol City.  It seems that some people cannot tolerate others having views that are not those of the herd. If you read my posts, I just try to look on the bright side and know that we can do nothing about things like choices of managers or players - so we might as well support the ones we are given.  I would like us to sign Lionel Messi, but I will forgive the board if it does not happen.  I just wish they would start playing football again so we can debate that instead.

19 minutes ago, daored said:

The delay makes no sense - surely the club could announce Holden and a press conference take place at a later date? 

They sure could and that’s why I’m pinning my hopes on the possibility that someone else (CH or PC?) are still in the frame.  

There deems to be no logic in delaying otherwise.

1 minute ago, BrizzleRed said:

They sure could and that’s why I’m pinning my hopes on the possibility that someone else (CH or PC?) are still in the frame.  

There deems to be no logic in delaying otherwise.

Would you really ask 61 year old Chris Hughton to haul himself up on our roof? I think announcing a player signing from there is fine, but a manger is a bit weird. Doesn't feel professional enough.

28 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I feel like a lame dog just waiting to be put out of its misery. 

This is getting a little silly. 

And give the moderator message above, I’d just like to say @Bat Fastard, despite our glaring differences of opinion, I wholly respect the way you’ve handled yourself here. Go get yourself a beer. 

Once you or @Andy082005 are asking whether we should have just stuck with Lee we'll truly know all hope is lost.

4 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Once you or @Andy082005 are asking whether we should have just stuck with Lee we'll truly know all hope is lost.

Sign me up to team Holden mate. 

(God I feel like I need a shower now!)

Just now, And Its Smith said:

So much anger.  Incredible really

A drone roof film announcing Holden would have its upsides.   

Get behind Deano if that’s the case. Nobody wanted Cotterill and few wanted LJ. They both progressed the club.  Most fans wanted SOD, Coppell and McInnes

We know best Dave, we know best!

3 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

Holden on the roof signing the bed sheets. JL idea of banter.

Nothing would surprise me any more!  

Just wait for a few cryptic tweets, talk of the excitement building, then an image of a tiny section of the roof.

Then an hour or so later the big reveal ...... Dean Holden grinning on the roof and they’ll wonder why there’s complete meltdown amongst the supporters.

1 minute ago, BrizzleRed said:

Nothing would surprise me any more!  

Just wait for a few cryptic tweets, talk of the excitement building, then an image of a tiny section of the roof.

Then an hour or so later the big reveal ...... Dean Holden grinning on the roof and they’ll wonder why there’s complete meltdown amongst the supporters.

I'd imagine it would be less the noise of a mob with pitchforks and more the sound of air escaping from a slowly deflating balloon...

I'm hoping for a surprise Hughton reveal and JL saying 'gotcha'...(hoping but not expecting!)

9 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

So much anger.  Incredible really

A drone roof film announcing Holden would have its upsides.   

Get behind Deano if that’s the case. Nobody wanted Cotterill and few wanted LJ. They both progressed the club.  Most fans wanted SOD, Coppell and McInnes

What would be the upsides of that specifically? The reaction they'd get would be terrible and it would make them look totally out of touch.

15 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Would you really ask 61 year old Chris Hughton to haul himself up on our roof? I think announcing a player signing from there is fine, but a manger is a bit weird. Doesn't feel professional enough.

61 year old people can very easily walk up steps ?

Archived