IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 minutes ago, ReturnedRobin said:

As many have said, feel sorry for Holden. Not his fault. Of course he has to take it if offered. Only get out of jail I can see for the club and leadership is to surround Holden with Walsh, Morrell, Massengo and Semenyo in the reveal photo/video and preach the youth development strategy until the cows come home...

Also, Gregor McGregor unusually quiet on posting his own tweets this morning when theres a lot of chatter about impending reveal. Press may already be under embargo if being revealed today - hence radio silence.

**EDIT**

And just to show me up and dispel any theory; Gregor tweets within 5mins of posting

That would just be more depressing :laugh:

If Hughton was revealed in the kit on the roof the slight embarrassment I'd feel for my part in a meltdown would matter not one jot. I'd be excited for the season ahead. The comms on this have been badly handled. You might say the meltdown was of our own making but just think how much positive PR we could have been engaged with on SM if we had been kept in the loop just a little.

Of course, if it is Holden, grab your popcorn and enjoy the true meltdown.

4 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

We have already shed LJ salary

I think you’ll find that we have to pay up his contract at least until he finds a job which pays more or the same as he was on here . If it’s less we have to pay the difference.

Let’s hope the rumours of LJ being in the frame for bigger jobs are true .

2 minutes ago, Yozzarian said:

If Hughton was revealed in the kit on the roof the slight embarrassment I'd feel for my part in a meltdown would matter not one jot. I'd be excited for the season ahead. The comms on this have been badly handled. You might say the meltdown was of our own making but just think how much positive PR we could have been engaged with on SM if we had been kept in the loop just a little.

Of course, if it is Holden, grab your popcorn and enjoy the true meltdown.

What would be the way City could announce Holden that would cause the biggest meltdown? 

I think a ridiculous OTT rooftop shot that pans to JL and MA holding a sheet that says ‘Announce Holden’ before the camera turns to Holden grinning in full City kit (rrp £84.99)

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

This place was in meltdown when cotts was appointed. Selective memory nog. 

8 or 9 major posters at the time didn't like him, didn't want him, and said so - repeatedly.

I, and many others, argued Cotts looked exactly the right fit for City.

To say 'nobody wanted Cotterill' is very wide of the mark.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

What would be the way City could announce Holden that would cause the biggest meltdown? 

I think a ridiculous OTT rooftop shot that pans to JL and MA holding a sheet that says ‘Announce Holden’ before the camera turns to Holden grinning in full City kit (rrp £84.99)

Haha. Brilliant. 

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

8 or 9 major posters at the time didn't like him, didn't want him, and said so - repeatedly.

I, and many others, argued Cotts looked exactly the right fit for City.

To say 'nobody wanted Cotterill' is very wide of the mark.

I wanted him,

36 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

He should do the honourable thing and turn down the job, telling Ashton that Hughton is the sensible appointment. He’d have my upmost respect then. 

Honour ? 
firstly this is professional football we’re talking about.

Secondly, I am sure DH would think he could do at least as good a job as LJ and possibly better and the only way for him and anyone else to find out is to accept the challenge.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Dean Holden getting spit roasted by Jon Lansdown and Mark Ashton all in the new kit 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Nah - it'll be a camera shooting a sheet with "Ashton IN " on it, then pan to Hughton holding up the new shirt next to Ashton with a gurt big cheesy grin on his face. 

If Carlsberg....

10 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

This place was in meltdown when cotts was appointed. Selective memory nog. 

Bit of an exaggeration, think it was was about 1/3 happy, 2/3 not happy - but a lot of that 2/3 saying they'd support him and directing their ire at the club... sound familiar?

Wouldn't say meltdown personally.

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Camera pans it’s way up a male figure, when it reaches the top its a smiling Chris Hughton, whose smile quickly disappears and turns into a frown as he gets into a taxi in somber fashion heading away from Ashton Gate. 

Camera pans left to Holden shaking hands with JL and MA as they wave the taxi off. 

36 minutes ago, ReturnedRobin said:

As many have said, feel sorry for Holden. Not his fault. Of course he has to take it if offered. Only get out of jail I can see for the club and leadership is to surround Holden with Walsh, Morrell, Massengo and Semenyo in the reveal photo/video and preach the youth development strategy until the cows come home...

Also, Gregor McGregor unusually quiet on posting his own tweets this morning when theres a lot of chatter about impending reveal. Press may already be under embargo if being revealed today - hence radio silence.

**EDIT**

And just to show me up and dispel any theory; Gregor tweets within 5mins of posting

The fraud knows nothing gets stories from here to generate clicks for his rag

56 minutes ago, Yozzarian said:

61 year old people can very easily walk up steps ?

I think the symbolism, in scaling the Lansdown, in this heat, for 61 year old Chris, the slow, dawning realisation of the arduous mountain to climb that is managing Bristol City and getting her into the Prem, would revwal itself only too clearly before he got half way up, and like "Bakes," he would bale out and slip quietly away (and go home and put his feet up for a few weeks) ....

2 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

Maybe the delay is because they’ve asked Downsy to interview him on the roof And it really is a long way up?

Downsy. The appointment where the club started slowly to fall from grace. But seriously, very strongly dislike Downsy. Maybe because he could be Lee Tomlin’s brother but probably mostly because he seemingly knows FA about football and is generally just annoying. Idk I may be alone but never got why he was appointed

Archived