IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

48 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

He should do the honourable thing and turn down the job, telling Ashton that Hughton is the sensible appointment. He’d have my upmost respect then. 

Would love to see that Fordy:-

"Sorry Mark but I can't accept this life changing role as I'm trying desperately to win the respect of a random poster on an internet forum & I should stand aside & let a professional show us how it's done".

As rewarding as your utmost respect might be it probably carries a zero cash value, like the tickets at a fairground 

8 minutes ago, Dottie said:

If the EFL meeting is still going on, Mark Ashton will be involved with that so it‘s unlikely you be announced today I would have thought. 

it's also media day and official opening day at the Bears training ground which may also delay things.

Downsy can't be two places at once!

2 hours ago, RedRock said:

Arguably, the division this coming season is the most even ever. We have a chance to move forward with some good decision-making. We really do seem that we’re going to balls it up yet again though. Reminds me of the opportunities when we had a chance to push on to the autos in January with some wise player investments and we dither, dither and then do something daft. 

I honestly couldn't agree less.  Lack of fans in stadiums will hit clubs in relation to FFP.  Therefore the only teams capable of effectively strengthening their squads are those in receipt of parachute payments.  I think you will see a definite split this year.  

We do not currently have a squad capable of winning promotion next season, let alone one which sees the likely departure of Fam and Nicolas. 

With FFP in mind, we cannot afford to buy players to build a squad capable of winning promotion and therefore the new manager will likely be briefed that the aim for this season is to blood the younger players such as Massengo, Walsh, Morrell, Vyner and Moore to develop them into more competitive Champtionship players.  We'll then reasseses next summer about where the world is in relation to covid restrictions and their impact on FFP with an aim to launch an assault the season after.  The main brief will be "don't bollock it up and get relegated".

That's my take on it and the biggest annoyance if I'm right is that they didn't realise this sooner and instead teased us into thinking we could really go for it.  Covid hasn't crept up on us.  It was there when LJ was fired.  It really shouldn't have been a surprise to them.

3 minutes ago, Red Alert said:

Would love to see that Fordy:-

"Sorry Mark but I can't accept this life changing role as I'm trying desperately to win the respect of a random poster on an internet forum & I should stand aside & let a professional show us how it's done".

As rewarding as your utmost respect might be it probably carries a zero cash value, like the tickets at a fairground 

He wasn't forced to apply. 

It isn't as farcical as you make out to have hoped that he thought to himself.

"I'm still relatively new to the coaching game. I had a fairly unsuccessful spell as caretaker at Oldham and a so-so spell as caretaker here. The owner wants someone who'll guarantee a Top 6 Championship finish. That isn't me. Yet."

5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Downsy. The appointment where the club started slowly to fall from grace. But seriously, very strongly dislike Downsy. Maybe because he could be Lee Tomlin’s brother but probably mostly because he seemingly knows FA about football and is generally just annoying. Idk I may be alone but never got why he was appointed

He’s just dead behind the eyes. There’s nothing there. They’ve tried to tick some of their wokeness quota in appointing a gay bloke, while completely forgetting about the personality required to carry a role like this. Also, isn’t he from oxford or something 

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

So much anger.  Incredible really

A drone roof film announcing Holden would have its upsides.   

Get behind Deano if that’s the case. Nobody wanted Cotterill and few wanted LJ. They both progressed the club.  Most fans wanted SOD, Coppell and McInnes

hey??

3 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

He’s just dead behind the eyes. There’s nothing there. They’ve tried to tick some of their wokeness quota in appointing a gay bloke, while completely forgetting about the personality required to carry a role like this. Also, isn’t he from oxford or something 

what's being gay got to do with anything?

8 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

Sorry mate but what a ****ing stupid thing to say.

9 hours ago, Galway Red said:

Is there a more pointless club than Everton? Never going to be top 6, never in a relegation fight, never going to win a cup and forever in there neighbours shadow, great fans though

7 hours ago, Galway Red said:

Pointless was probably the wrong word, I was trying to quote a couple of Evertonians I met recently who were totally cheesed off particularly when they see the likes ofLeicester, Wolves & Sheff Utd leap-frog them 

I was going to quote Leicester and Wolves in my response to you. You have taken one helluva beating over your remark already so I will just leave it at that. :) 

2 hours ago, Notbarrymanc said:

The league vote today might play some role in the decision making. 

Whats the vote for?

So much anger.  Incredible really

A drone roof film announcing Holden would have its upsides.   

Get behind Deano if that’s the case. Nobody wanted Cotterill and few wanted LJ. They both progressed the club.  Most fans wanted SOD, Coppell and McInnes

As others have said.. If it were to be Holden, which it won't, then there would be no drone and no fanfare. Only silly people would do such a thing.

1 hour ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Tbf I know it’s a Small small chance but what if when all those rumours of Hughton agreeing was true and he’s signed but we’ve just been waiting to announce or get the paperwork done 

There is, I would suggest, a greater chance of Chris Hughton than Dean Holden. And by some wide margin. Let us just wait and see.

12 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

That's horseshit and offensive you should be ashamed 

2 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I was going to quote Leicester and Wolves in my response to you. You have taken one helluva beating over your remark already so I will just leave it at that. :) 

Whats the vote for?

As others have said.. If it were to be Holden, which it won't, then there would be no drone and no fanfare. Only silly people would do such a thing.

There is, I would suggest, a greater chance of Chris Hughton than Dean Holden. And by some wide margin. Let us just wait and see.

Thanks, if you're a betting man get on Everton to finish 10th next season and to get knocked out of the cup in the 5th round ?

20 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Downsy. The appointment where the club started slowly to fall from grace. But seriously, very strongly dislike Downsy. Maybe because he could be Lee Tomlin’s brother but probably mostly because he seemingly knows FA about football and is generally just annoying. Idk I may be alone but never got why he was appointed

Sacked Tim Shires and got Downsy. Hilarious really. I definitely see where you're coming from. Mark Ashton re appointed in December 2015. Tim Shires sacked that summer, Downsy then appointed. Then this Lisa Knights appointed as social media manager or whatever she does and from what I hear it's only bad things about her.

19 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

I didn't know Downsy was gay

6 minutes ago, Yozzarian said:

There was a drone over the ground earlier apparently- I've now seen photos but they could have been from any time - and MacGregor seemed to think a kit reveal was happening. I am not in the know.

I've been told that they are going to announce that the old Sunday Market is going to re-open

10 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Don't rule out the drone and fanfare because of that....there's a strong argument that only silly people would appoint Holden over Hughton in the first place.

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

You accused the man of being from Oxford. You heartless bully.

In fairness he is!!!!
Also, in fairness to Downsy, he hates sport but loves broadcasting. After the night of the long knives when he was removed from the breakfast show in favour of that bloke Cam Kelly (who has all the charm and appeal of the Boston strangler) The Sat am sport show was the only show on offer to him.
My band put on a couple of charity events (The Wrecking Ball 1, 2 & 3) in aid of testicular cancer and he compared them FOC. Great bloke, and up for a laugh.

I'm not downsy's biggest fan.

Started off by asking little kids which prem team they supported. ?‍♂️

And he's just so cringe. When robins tv is on and he's talking, i go and do something else. Cant listen to him

Bring back Adam Baker or someone who supports the club. Too cringe and corporate.

This place was in meltdown when cotts was appointed. Selective memory nog. 

well, I was delighted! - read about it on the top deck of a bus in Oxford - can picture the scene now. Proper manager. Winner.

4 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I didn't know Downsy was gay

Sure is, anyway, not that it matters or relevant to his job abilities one bit, he’s just not a football man.

on this subject, I’m convinced one of our players is also, but I’ll keep that to myself.

Archived