IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

This place was in meltdown when cotts was appointed. Selective memory nog. 

Yep i was pissed off.

Not because i didnt think he would do well in league one, but i never had any confidence in him in the championship.

But fair play to SL, he played a blinder. Gave him a chance once we were up and once it was obvious, that he wasnt good enough, he got rid. Timed it perfectly.

23 minutes ago, stevep38 said:

I just wonder if they might not do any announcement,  Holden was appointed as caretaker until further notice. They might just stay quiet and let him carry on.

Fwiw, I don't want Holden, Hughton is my preference. 

Bristol City thing

sweep.jpg

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I wonder if SL has thought of buying the Fruit Market too, just to annoy an ever dwindling band of sags ...

when I first heard they were interested in the fruit market site I couldn't but help think of the classic Dead Kennedy's album:

"Fresh fruit for rotting vegetables"

The fact Jamie Mac has been sacked rather than demoted to Under 23s or something is very interesting. I guess he could have been offered it and turned it down though?

Sadly, the most likely outcome is still Holden manager with Ashley Williams assistant. Sadly.

2 minutes ago, haggis_farewell said:

Gregor (assuming it's Gregor) has put on the BEP website that there is likely no news on HC today given JMc sacking. Of course this would mean we start pre-season without a manager...

Still the weekend to go. As someone said earlier, today is Bears’ media day. Most of the Bristol Sport team will be doing that, so media work may have to wait till tomorrow.

I’d be very surprised if someone’s not in place by Monday.

On 06/08/2020 at 13:24, Major Isewater said:

Let’s see where they are in twelve months time before we use them as an example. 

@JoeAman08

Happy to discuss this on the FFP thread further with you both but Birmingham have improved, much improved, their position in the last couple of years.  

Who knows how big a budget Karanka will have to work with, their current squad numbers are 23 at most! Both an opportunity and a risk.

35 minutes ago, haggis_farewell said:

Gregor (assuming it's Gregor) has put on the BEP website that there is likely no news on HC today given JMc sacking. Of course this would mean we start pre-season without a manager...

Maybe happen over the weekend, stranger things have happened, more so due to it being the HC and 5 weeks of waiting

1 hour ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Still the weekend to go. As someone said earlier, today is Bears’ media day. Most of the Bristol Sport team will be doing that, so media work may have to wait till tomorrow.

I’d be very surprised if someone’s not in place by Monday.

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest!!

32 minutes ago, AshtonG666 said:

It's like winning the National Lottery (Hughton) only to have your dog chew the ticket up (Holden), but to be later told that Camalot have taken pity on you and end up giving you the money anyway ?

That’s exactly what i said....to the word.?

Archived