IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

They will probably say everyone they interviewed wanted too much money for the COVID life we live in nowadays.

They'll have their excuses I'm sure.

A very convenient excuse, but pursuing Gerrard and interviewing Hughton (neither will come cheap) shows it’s just that. 

The board have some serious explaining to do. 

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

A very convenient excuse, but pursuing Gerrard and interviewing Houghton (neither will come cheap) shows it’s just that. 

The board have some serious explaining to do. 

If they use that excuse I will lose even more respect for them.

3 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Something’s been done today with all these loan confirmations as well.

Think anyone could realise 2 league 2 players wouldn't be in our squad next season. League 2 teams are back training so makes sense them going whoever the manager is. Tinnion would of signed it off. 

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I am masochistically looking forward to seeing how the hell they try and spin it.

They’ve failed, there’s no getting out of it. The way they try and spin this news will be fascinating. 

If a salary cap is introduced this evening/Monday at Championship they suddenly have the basis of excuse.

'We wanted such and such but owing to a combination of Covid and salary cap, though personal wages not an issue, the salary cap arrangements will have a cooling effect on the transfer and wage budget we can offer a new manager.

'Terms unable to be reached, a very different landscape to even six months ago'! 

A high level manager incoming won't like the idea of a salary cap, that's for sure. How do you sell it to a Hughton, Jokanovic or similar?

Just now, Selred said:

Think anyone could realise 2 league 2 players wouldn't be in our squad next season. League 2 teams are back training so makes sense them going whoever the manager is. Tinnion would of signed it off. 

yep, the development squad would be sorted out by the loans manager and under 23 manager

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

If a salary cap is introduced this evening/Monday at Championship they suddenly have the basis of excuse.

'We wanted such and such but owing to a combination of Covid and salary cap, though personal wages not an issue, the salary cap arrangements will have a cooling effect on the transfer and wage budget we can offer a new manager.

Terms unable to be reached, a very different landscape to even six months ago'! 

I can’t imagine them putting a statement out like that, they’d never say anything to imply Holden isn’t first choice in their eyes.

The drip feeding of loanee news this afternoon is all part of the PR. The themes will be playing youth, pathway and continuity. 

"Already focused on next season" hmmm. Interesting. 

Anyway folks... It's not over til the fat lady sings her song.. have patience and let's all breath and calm down.. I remain confident. We all of us have no inkling. The club have played a blinder and the wily SL knows what he is doing. .. I am sure he will choose wisely.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I can’t imagine them putting a statement out like that, they’d never say anything to imply Holden isn’t first choice in their eyes.

The drip feeding of loanee news this afternoon is all part of the PR. The themes will be playing youth, pathway and continuity. 

Dean knows this group of players better than anyone...

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Terms unable to be reached, a very different landscape to even six months ago'! 

No they don’t. Said it before, if coronavirus and salary cap had that much of an impact they should have stuck with LJ. Keeping him would have mad a lot of people angry, but not as much as the appointment of Holden.

There is absolutely no logic in replacing LJ with Holden... coronavirus, salary cap... anything!

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

'Terms unable to be reached, a very different landscape to even six months ago'! 

A high level manager incoming won't like the idea of a salary cap, that's for sure. How do you sell it to a Hughton, Jokanovic or similar?

The salary cap would level the playing field between clubs somewhat. All clubs would be bound by it and I don’t necessarily think it would be a deal breaker for a new coach.

Just now, havanatopia said:

Anyway folks... It's not over til the fat lady sings her song.. have patience and let's all breath and calm down.. I remain confidwnt. Simply because nobody knows and SL knows what he is doing. 

That means nothing, if it were Murray as caretaker manager it would of been the same headline with Murrays name replacing holdens

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

In complete contrast to what SL said on Talksport....will be sickening if true.  

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yes but it will be the same for everyone? I don’t see the issue

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

According to The Guardian:

Discussions are ongoing in the Championship with regard to controlling costs but nothing is expected for the 2020-21 season.

2 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Anyway folks... It's not over til the fat lady sings her song.. have patience and let's all breath and calm down.. I remain confidwnt. Simply because nobody knows and SL knows what he is doing. 

That article is dated July 22nd. Which was about 20 years ago I think.

2 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

No they don’t. Said it before, if coronavirus and salary cap had that much of an impact they should have stuck with LJ. Keeping him would have mad a lot of people angry, but not as much as the appointment of Holden.

There is absolutely no logic in replacing LJ with Holden... coronavirus, salary cap... anything!

Which is why people need to calm down.

Archived