IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Can't say I'm not surprised. Can't say I'm excited about it, or that I think it's the right choice. 

However, it MIGHT prove to be the right choice and he'll have my full support until he derives not to have it. 

Just now, ReggyRed said:

Lansdown talksport interview, ashtons interview after LJ sacking. The countless times Lansdown says we are desperate for premier league football. Full of lies.

Just to sell ticket's they have lied to us and don't deserve us

My support for this team cannot and will not ever change, my support for the guys on the pitch won’t be affected and I wish Dean all the best.

My passion and belief in and for the club, the board, the communication and the motivation behind their intentions will never be the same again.

A shambles from beginning to end and it’ll take a massive mood shift to drag this back I think. I also dread to think about our reputation in the footballing world based on this process.

What is Dean walking into. He surely now must need 30 points on the board within 15 games, or the criticism, shoulda woulda coulda noise will be deafening.

Dear oh dear.

2 minutes ago, ReggyRed said:

Lansdown talksport interview, ashtons interview after LJ sacking. The countless times Lansdown says we are desperate for premier league football. Full of lies.

So they haven't lied then.  I thought you meant they'd said something and then gone back on it to say they never said it. Or promised something but didn't deliver. Still time to get to the PL.

Chris Hughton vs Dean Holden...and Lansdown chooses Holden.

Meets none of the criteria outlined at the start of the process.

Just not a serious appointment. Heaven help us.

There are better things in life than this shambles.

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

Can't say I'm not surprised. Can't say I'm excited about it, or that I think it's the right choice. 

However, it MIGHT prove to be the right choice and he'll have my full support until he derives not to have it. 

Even if it proves to be that way it will be down to complete luck rather than judgement and they know it.

2 minutes ago, Taylor10 said:

Happy to eat an extremely large slice of humble pie if DH does a good job.

This whole saga is actually hilarious now I’m actually beyond caring.
I’m intrigued to see what the club will say regarding this. Even the king of spin can’t weasel his way out of this one.

All the best DH. You will need it.

Ashton is in effect going to have to say "We believe Holden is a better coach than Hughton". I hope he is ready for the ridicule that will follow.

Just now, OldlandReddies said:

Purely down to Covid/costs. Our spanking new ground will be earning zero money, zilch. We will be oozing money from every orifice. No way can we pay a big name during these uncertain times. Disappointing but completely understandable. 

Please don’t believe that nonsense. We were in the middle of the pandemic when we sacked LJ

Just now, Red Exile said:

Chris Hughton vs Dean Holden...and Lansdown chooses Holden.

Meets none of the criteria outlined at the start of the process.

Just not a serious appointment. Heaven help us.

There are better things in life than this shambles.

Absolutely.

They are going to be inundated with requests to cancel STs.

As it is highly unlikely we will be able to attend from the beginning of the new season many are going to explore that option, I think.

1 minute ago, OldlandReddies said:

Purely down to Covid/costs. Our spanking new ground will be earning zero money, zilch. We will be oozing money from every orifice. No way can we pay a big name during these uncertain times. Disappointing but completely understandable. 

Absolute tosh 

they tried to tempt Gerrard on a ridiculous wage 

3 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Good luck deano, whatever people feel like it is not Holden’s fault, I hope people can get behind him....he has a huge task on his hand and I will back him.

He isn't being forced to accept it and he should look at the anger from most of us and turn it down

I just cant bring myself to accept this. Im at a loss for words.

I think I'll have to call it time with City now, Ive been on the brink of walking away the last few seasons now this is just confirmation. The final nail in the coffin if you like.

2 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Even if it proves to be that way it will be down to complete luck rather than judgement and they know it.

Aor down to a shrewd decision by the people actually involved and who have spoken to the candies, perhaps...?! 

2 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

It’ll be even harder in Division 3.

1 minute ago, OldlandReddies said:

If that is the case, then why interview anyone else?  And why not do it 5 weeks ago?  Think there is more to it, no matter the spin out of AG

Archived