IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, GrahamC said:

Absolutely.

They are going to be inundated with requests to cancel STs.

As it is highly unlikely we will be able to attend from the beginning of the new season many are going to explore that option, I think.

Doubtless, and who can blame them (or me!)

Jesus wept. What a time to be alive! Dean Holden. Laughable.

1 minute ago, redseptember said:

If that is the case, then why interview anyone else?  And why not do it 5 weeks ago?  Think there is more to it, no matter the spin out of AG

This. I’d love to know what went on, what a complete and utter joke. It’s incredible how people being paid such money can be this incompetent.

4 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Purely down to Covid/costs. Our spanking new ground will be earning zero money, zilch. We will be oozing money from every orifice. No way can we pay a big name during these uncertain times. Disappointing but completely understandable. 

Then why sack johnson and mcallister?

Said it before, if they went with Holden straight away for financial reasons, I would of been unhappy but understood it. 
it’s the billy bollocks idiot saying “We’ve been contacted by coaches all over the globe” SL saying we needed a fresh air and push on. 
To wait five weeks for an announcement of someone who’s grand total of being in charge of games is 15 games?? 

Yeah good luck Dean. Not your fault. Just taking an opportunity like anyone else would.

Save any negativity for the hierarchy. Get behind DH and the team.

Genuinely hope you smash it and prove most of us wrong ?

Just now, Red Exile said:

Doubtless, and who can blame them (or me!)

Jesus wept. What a time to be alive! Dean Holden. Laughable.

Remember Fawthrop?

Scott Davidson got him out as soon as he took over, saying no other club in the league would have employed him as manager.

We are in the same place now.

Excellent news.  Happy to see a head coach appointed who has an inclination to play attacking football rather than CH whose instinct for dour, pragmatic defensive football led to the majority of both Brighton and Norwich fans being delighted to see him depart. 

Some might argue that we would get an early opportunity of premiership football with Hughton but without a big budget and being allowed to rip up the current squad I don't think we would.   I hope fans give Dean a chance of 10 to 15 games before passing judgement as I suspect we will see some decent football and good results.  

1 minute ago, daored said:

Please Ashton & Lansdown never talk of us being an ambitious club with the intention of making the premier league. We simply aren’t - cut the bullshit , cut the spin we have no ambition 

Now you’re seeing it for it is!

Come back Lee, all is forgotten!

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Absolutely.

They are going to be inundated with requests to cancel STs.

As it is highly unlikely we will be able to attend from the beginning of the new season many are going to explore that option, I think.

I will be wishing DH all the best and hoping he can prove everyone wrong.

i won’t be going next season though and will be cancelling my DD. 

One benefit for Holden is that the first few weeks are behind closed doors.  Essentially he has a bit of a longer honeymoon period where there's a lot less pressure on matchdays and I hope they cant take advantage of that - if the team are doing well when fans return then I think a lot of the negativity will have gone away.  

However, and this is a genuine worry, if they're struggling by the time fans return then it's going to be very tough for him and the players.

Just now, bcfcnick said:

Excellent news.  Happy to see a head coach appointed who has an inclination to play attacking football rather than CH whose instinct for dour, pragmatic defensive football led to the majority of both Brighton and Norwich fans being delighted to see him depart. 

Some might argue that we would get an early opportunity of premiership football with Hughton but without a big budget and being allowed to rip up the current squad I don't think we would.   I hope fans give Dean a chance of 10 to 15 games before passing judgement as I suspect we will see some decent football and good results.  

As the aubergine emoji is no longer available, have this one instead: 

go vegan GIF by Simple Happy Kitchen

Archived