IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

If you lost all income coming in what would you do........start spending more money on designer clothes or use what you already have in your wardrobe? I'm disappointed but I can fully understand why we have had to appoint Deano 

We don't have a billionaire bank rolling us. Why arent the rugby club cost cutting

He's going to need all the luck he can get poor bloke. The powers that be have missed an opportunity to progress the club.  I hope he does well but we have been down this road a few times over the years. Cant help feeling let down big time. 

Just now, billywedlock said:

Why do you have to support an idiotic appointment. Holden out. The quicker he is gone the better. Followed by Lansdown. 

If you scroll to the bottom of my original post, there’s a PS. 

Comments like yours aren’t the point of the thread. 

5 minutes ago, bcfcnick said:

Excellent news.  Happy to see a head coach appointed who has an inclination to play attacking football rather than CH whose instinct for dour, pragmatic defensive football led to the majority of both Brighton and Norwich fans being delighted to see him depart. 

Some might argue that we would get an early opportunity of premiership football with Hughton but without a big budget and being allowed to rip up the current squad I don't think we would.   I hope fans give Dean a chance of 10 to 15 games before passing judgement as I suspect we will see some decent football and good results.  

Oh **** off

4 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

And?? He just had to go didn't he. And we've replaced him with someone on less wages and also cut backroom staff. Why don't people get this? 

Why not give it to him straight away then? 5 weeks? Thorough process? Does Dean Holden match the brief or objectives that the board openly set out? “someone coming INTO the club” “we need a breath of fresh air” etc etc.

If anyone can actually say that Dean Holden has more experience, nous, a proven track record, footballing connections, than every other candidate (of which we were assured were far, varied, wonderful and surprising) then I’m sorry I just cannot entertain that notion.

Can’t see how we could expect Holden to be anywhere far away from LJ when it comes to setting up the team - they were together a very long time!

lack lustre and totally devoid of ambition, how can we be buying so many for the future when the now will see the same talent continue to be wasted - forget ambition we are going nowhere - though I would love to proved wrong!

How many seasons will we be waiting for success or rapid failure?

Just now, Redandproud said:

I contacted supporters services today, they say no refunds, under t/cs

If you are paying by DD you can cancel though.

What are they going to do, bearing in mind we won’t be able to physically attend anyway?

2 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

If you lost all income coming in what would you do........start spending more money on designer clothes or use what you already have in your wardrobe? I'm disappointed but I can fully understand why we have had to appoint Deano 

I’d buy a decent suit and crack on with getting where I wanted to be, and where the money is, rather than slob round in my pyjamas.

1 minute ago, bcfcnick said:

Excellent news.  Happy to see a head coach appointed who has an inclination to play attacking football rather than CH whose instinct for dour, pragmatic defensive football led to the majority of both Brighton and Norwich fans being delighted to see him depart. 

Some might argue that we would get an early opportunity of premiership football with Hughton but without a big budget and being allowed to rip up the current squad I don't think we would.   I hope fans give Dean a chance of 10 to 15 games before passing judgement as I suspect we will see some decent football and good results.  

Attacking football, did you see the last 5 games? Does that mean we give him another 5 games as I didn’t see anything in those 5 games that I thought yeah this guy needs a go!

Was it Swansea we had every striker we had at the club on the pitch and did t create a chance!

Holden does not play youth, he had that opportunity with the last 5 games with nothing to play for, but chose to use the same duffers that played under Johnson!

Like with everything at Bristol City all we do all talk, always have, always like to talk but nothing else!

Only at this club could we appoint a guy who has been fundamental in the coaching for the last 4 1/2 years,  and the promote him to the single most important job in a football club.

Lansdown clearly doesn’t want promotion, a total lack of ambition and direction!

13 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Purely down to Covid/costs. Our spanking new ground will be earning zero money, zilch. We will be oozing money from every orifice. No way can we pay a big name during these uncertain times. Disappointing but completely understandable. 

No Covid in Birmingham or Middlesbrough then?

Archived