IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Why do you have to support an idiotic appointment. Holden out. The quicker he is gone the better. Followed by Lansdown. 

If he is the next head coach then he will be the City head coach and the only one we have. Why would I not support him?  We should all hope he does well and support him in his efforts.  Its in our job description - supporters!!

Just now, Loco Rojo said:

The amount of anger towards the club of the back of some Bristol Post/Live reporting before the club have announced anything. 

Might be true, but how the **** have Bristol Post or any 'reporter' associated with it suddenly become the oracle.

Because through the whole 5 weeks, the post have been the only ones that has been correct 

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

lansdown saying we needed a fresh face to take us to the next level how is holden a fresh face?

I suppose it depends on interpretation as they see it. He's not a fresh face around the club but as a permanent head coach for the first time with a pre-season and serious chance to put his own stamp on things he might be seen as such. Pedantic yes but I'm speculating on their interpretation not my own. 

2 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Why do you have to support an idiotic appointment. Holden out. The quicker he is gone the better. Followed by Lansdown. 

Well that's just stupid.  Whatever you think of Mr Lansdown's ability to choose a manager, without him this club would be languishing in a lower division, with an antiquated stadium. So show some respect.

2 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

The amount of anger towards the club of the back of some Bristol Post/Live reporting before the club have announced anything. 

Might be true, but how the **** have Bristol Post or any 'reporter' associated with it suddenly become the oracle.

My guess is because the club is using them for ‘optics’ etc.

Just now, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I suppose it depends on interpretation as they see it. He's not a fresh face around the club but as a permanent head coach for the first time with a pre-season and serious chance to put his own stamp on things he might be seen as such. Pedantic yes but I'm speculating on their interpretation not my own. 

No they lied to us again

They treat us with contempt and expect us to lap it up

Im through with them I want them out of my club

This is from a happy clapper

4 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Only in football would you say maybe you got talent so we will go for you over proven managers

Every great manager started with an opportunity - if this is DHs then Ihope it works out for him because that means it works out for us as well.

1 minute ago, Redpool said:

You are Lansdown's dream customer. 

Because they’re supporting the team?

People can be annoyed at the fact that we’ve (if it’s true) gone for the cheaper appointment, but still turn up to the games and give their full support to the team and whoever is in charge. It’s not one or the other

11 minutes ago, bcfcnick said:

Excellent news.  Happy to see a head coach appointed who has an inclination to play attacking football rather than CH whose instinct for dour, pragmatic defensive football led to the majority of both Brighton and Norwich fans being delighted to see him depart. 

Some might argue that we would get an early opportunity of premiership football with Hughton but without a big budget and being allowed to rip up the current squad I don't think we would.   I hope fans give Dean a chance of 10 to 15 games before passing judgement as I suspect we will see some decent football and good results.  

You’ve been planted on here haven’t you. Don’t talk so much tripe. A league two side wouldn’t be excited with appointing Dean Holden 

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Remember Fawthrop?

Scott Davidson got him out as soon as he took over, saying no other club in the league would have employed him as manager.

We are in the same place now.

Yep - very similar. When I think of the emotional energy we all invest...I think this might be the limit!

It's just not a serious proposal - Holden...

3 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Why not give it to him straight away then? 5 weeks? Thorough process? Does Dean Holden match the brief or objectives that the board openly set out? “someone coming INTO the club” “we need a breath of fresh air” etc etc.

If anyone can actually say that Dean Holden has more experience, nous, a proven track record, footballing connections, than every other candidate (of which we were assured were far, varied, wonderful and surprising) then I’m sorry I just cannot entertain that notion.

Clearly other candidates were not prepared to take a salary drop. The player salary cap announcement is imminent as well so that will have a big impact. Maybe the full financial implications were not known until recently? We and most other clubs are right in the shit now because of Covid. This is simply about survival until the virus goes and we get back to full stadiums 

Archived