IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Josh93 said:

I’m not surprised he’s thinking it over, especially after the backlash over the last few days and the banners tied to the gate

Who would accept a position if you know the fans are already against the appointment

Yeah I get that.  I just mean again from the club's perspective it's so odd. 

So what?  Dean has the weekend to realise he's massively unpopular choice and turns it down.  Then what the hell do we do?

We sacked Johnson as he could t get us over the line, we needed someone in who could give us that extra little push ( well from 12th place a massive one).

I know most of us put a little white lie on our CV’s when we go for job interviews, but surely SL, JL and MA could see Holden was lying on his, only takes a bit of research!

Unless the football club has to go cheap as all the funds from the Lansdown family have been put into the rugby club!

Oh how I wish we had a board as forward thinking and ambitious as they do!!!

Just now, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Ha ha ha ha ha. Not a single thing is known with any certainty, yet on the basis of rumours from the local rag, you’re all going apesh*t.  What a ****ing joke.  The only absolute disgrace is this forum.

I think the latest news is more than a rumour. If GMcG put that out and he was wrong he would be out of a job.

19 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I get the disappointment. Many of us are disappointed.  I get that based on records many would not see Holden as a better coach than Hughton, but who exactly has lied. 

Tony I would say Mark Ashton has lied. When they sacked LJ they said they wanted a manager with experience of promotion. Holden doesn't have that unless I was feeling sarcastic as he just promoted into his job.

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Ha ha ha ha ha. Not a single thing is known with any certainty, yet on the basis of rumours from the local rag, you’re all going apesh*t.  What a ****ing joke.  The only absolute disgrace is this forum.

Gotta say that right now, I'm with you....i'll be apoplectic when its announced officially....it saves some stress! 

Just now, paul_fox said:

If this appointment goes tits up then when it comes to looking for a replacement I think our reputation will have taken a battering and any high profile manager won't be interested 

I cant see him surviving until Christmas (I realy do wish him well honestly but think its an impossible job) I can see MAs neck being on the block if this apointment goes wrong too

Having taken almost 6 weeks to make an internal appointment, for G MacG to use a the phrase “another busy day in BS3” is simply hilarious. I like the idea of a good, honest young chap making his way in journalism, but boy does he need to look up ‘oxymoron’.

1 minute ago, Roe said:

Yeah I get that.  I just mean again from the club's perspective it's so odd. 

So what?  Dean has the weekend to realise he's massively unpopular choice and turns it down.  Then what the hell do we do?

Go begging to Hughton, having insulted him by effectively saying that Holden is better than him? That should work out fine.

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

That is exactly why he wants to take the weekend!

Why apply for a job, (an internal promotion at that) go all the way through the process and then, when offered, say “I’ll think about it”. 

I would have thought that our exhaustive and highly professional interviewers ?might have asked the old “if you were to be offered this position, would you accept it” question. Dear dear. 

In a state of disbelief really.

Wish him well but by Christ he is going to need it. He is going to be given no slack at all. Just feel like Ashton behind this, wanted no one who would challenge the ‘model. God know what we do if he flops and have to replace him as clearly we do not want anyone that challenged the status quo.

He might be just what is needed, but however he does this is huge huge risk. I cannot think of any established Championship side that would go for somebody with such a limited track record.

Complete shock.

7 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

He is also still well ahead in the polls and the only viable alternative to run our country. Dean Holden (if appointed) will be the head coach and the only viable person to support.  I suggest you swallow your bile and support him and your club.

You only have to read the politics forum to see where you  and its Smith stand,thought I would pull his leg so don’t know why you are getting Agro 

Got to be honest, I find the whole thing funny.

It’s been made abundantly clear the last few years that Bristol City is no more than a rich man’s plaything, which has largely destroyed my emotional connection to the club.

So good luck to them, clearly it’s more important that the manager (sorry, silly me, ‘Head Coach’) allows interference with the team rather than any chance of success, so I hope they all have a lovely time achieving absolutely nothing.

Still, I personally believe literally anyone to be better than ******* Johnson, so I shouldn’t complain too much.

5 minutes ago, WirralRobin said:

Oh wow, imagine if he turned it down after all this!

image.thumb.png.902a12b10e309c9f0b246161d98623f4.png

This is even more of a joke if he wants it he accepts if not just say no, its all so amateurish... I don't want him as he's clearly not the best candidate for the job and I cant help feeling he's snaked and slithered his way into this position (cant help it just don't trust him he's always seemed a bit shifty to me, just my personal opinion)

Archived