IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tinnion, Millen, Johnson and now Holden.

Seems SL still can’t help himself trying to undercover the ‘next best thing’.

Good luck Dean Holden, you’ll need it - starting very much from a minus position. The cheap, unqualified option as far as the fans are concerned and he will carry the shackles of being LJ’s assistant the whole time he is manager, unless he does something very special. 

FWIW I think LJ took a lot of flack over the things going wrong at the club and the various transfer debates....this whole debacle has painted a very clear picture about what’s going on, or rather not going on, behind the scenes at BCFC.

With Holden appointed, expect more muddled transfers mixed with pressure to play academy players. The question is, this time, will they improve under DH as they did under LJ? If they don’t, that transfer money will soon dry up.....

Interesting times ahead. Either way personally I’ll give DH a fair crack as they all should, not sure many will be so patient. 

Once again, we have been well and truly shafted by Lansdown & Ashton's Corporate Spin Machine.

They have finally used the straw that has broken the camel's back.

They continue to treat the fans like sh**. 

They just don't get it.

All that crap about due ****ing diligence?  Don't make me laugh.

The appointment of Holden as manager is negligent and incompetent, and demonstrates their lack of ambition and fear of success.

People wondered whether Hughton, Gerrard or Cook might have dared turn us down.

Now Holden, the bloke who's worked with Ashton et al for the last few years is "thinking about" whether he wants more responsibility and a close relationship with them.

**** me sideways the comedy writes itself.

34 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

No they lied to us again

They treat us with contempt and expect us to lap it up

Im through with them I want them out of my club

This is from a happy clapper

When you've been supporting City as long as we have we have a right to see it as our club. But the bald truth is that it's SLs club as he owns it lock, stock and two smoking barrels. Accordingly he will sanction any appointment he sees fit. Our only redress is to walk away but after supporting for nearly 59 years I can't do that. 

Of course we can't know what was said in the interviews that were conducted or what Chris Hughton's demands were. But whatever statement City put out I doubt it'll shed any light on that. 

Just now, YGBjammy said:

He is incredibly lucky that he will have the first few games on the season with no crowd. There won't be abuse targeted at him, but the atmosphere would be toxic.

They wouldn’t have appointed him in normal times. They will be praying he does a good job before crowds are allowed back.

2 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Once again, we have been well and truly shafted by Lansdown & Ashton's Corporate Spin Machine.

They have finally used the straw that has broken the camel's back.

They continue to treat the fans like sh**. 

They just don't get it.

All that crap about due ****ing diligence?  Don't make me laugh.

The appointment of Holden as manager is negligent and incompetent, and demonstrates their lack of ambition and fear of success.

Spot on!!!!

3 minutes ago, Redpool said:

Away all week on holiday

Offered job on Friday afternoon. Now needs the weekend to decide?

This cannot be true...

Yeah all sounds a bit weird to me. Things don’t add up one bit. Presumably he showed more desire during the interview process than he is showing now. What’s changed his mind?! 

1 minute ago, Alessandro said:

Tinnion, Millen, Johnson and now Holden.

Seems SL still can’t help himself trying to undercover the ‘next best thing’.

Good luck Dean Holden, you’ll need it - starting very much from a minus position. The cheap, unqualified option as far as the fans are concerned and he will carry the shackles of being LJ’s assistant the whole time he is manager, unless he does something very special. 

FWIW I think LJ took a lot of flack over the things going wrong at the club and the various transfer debates....this whole debacle has painted a very clear picture about what’s going on, or rather not going on, behind the scenes at BCFC.

With Holden appointed, expect more muddled transfers mixed with pressure to play academy players. The question is, this time, will they improve under DH as they did under LJ? If they don’t, that transfer money will soon dry up.....

Interesting times ahead. Either way personally I’ll give DH a fair crack as they all should, not sure many will be so patient. 

whats annoying is that we have had interest from serious calibre of managers such as Hughton and Christoph Daum (who has 5 league titles as manager inc the bundesliga)

7 minutes ago, cityexile said:

In a state of disbelief really.

Wish him well but by Christ he is going to need it. He is going to be given no slack at all. Just feel like Ashton behind this, wanted no one who would challenge the ‘model. God know what we do if he flops and have to replace him as clearly we do not want anyone that challenged the status quo.

He might be just what is needed, but however he does this is huge huge risk. I cannot think of any established Championship side that would go for somebody with such a limited track record.

Complete shock.

Scott Parker and Fulham

7 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Go begging to Hughton, having insulted him by effectively saying that Holden is better than him? That should work out fine.

Yep, you’ve won promotion 3 times, managed in The Prem but were second choice to a bloke who won 3 out of 15 in League One.

He’s turned us down, are you still interested?

**** off.

6 minutes ago, WirralRobin said:

He could still turn it down yet according to Gregor....... Imagine the chaos if he did! 

image.thumb.png.b5fab24fa08c559c37cfdb25979ff4ed.png

This is actually now becoming farcical.

Theres so many things with this:

During part of any recruitment process, at any level, that I’ve been within or holding, the close has always been, in interview - “If we put in place x, y and z, and we remunerate you a, b, and c, on offer of the position, would you accept” (or a variation in more or less words). So whats happened here then? Needs the weekend to think about what? The offer? The structure?

Another thing that surely would have been discussed is make-up of backroom staff, of key positions etc, so who sacked Jamie Mac and why?? If Holden thought that was the best thing, to then put that in motion before being watertight that he was going to accept the job is scandalous. 

There is so much conjecture and assumption but there always will be if there is as little communication as there has been from the board, and the communication we have had would appear to be at best mid-leading and at worst completely deceitful.

What if Dean (based on the backlash, the pressure or whatever) turns the thing down? Where next?

What a mess. How did we get to this? Happy to be challenged on the above but this is pretty unprecedented stuff. 

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

People wondered whether Hughton, Gerrard or Cook might have dared turn us down.

Now Holden, the bloke who's worked with Ashton et al for the last few years is "thinking about" whether he wants more responsibility and a close relationship with them.

**** me sideways the comedy writes itself.

I have to admit, if I was in Holdens shoes and I've seen the potential fan back lash I'd have second thoughts. 

He obviously feels he can do the job as he wouldn't have applied but imagine not having many fans on your side, he saw the division with fans with LJ but I've got a feeling this will be a lot lot worse. 

12 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You'd prefer someone with a proven track record..? Someone who would guarantee us success..? 

Like.... Steve Coppell perhaps..?! 

Steve Coppell now makes perfect sense.

Did the right thing.

34 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

If you lost all income coming in what would you do........start spending more money on designer clothes or use what you already have in your wardrobe? I'm disappointed but I can fully understand why we have had to appoint Deano 

That’s fine. But why go window shopping for 5 weeks knowing you can’t afford it? 

Makes SL appear a bit stupid. As if he only figured out last Monday that there were serious financial consequences to covid. 

Archived