IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

Lets pick up this conversation in 6 months when we are in a relegation scrap 

It could be the case. My point is that you don't know it will be. 

I hope you're wrong, obviously. 

I'll conceded that you are more likely to be correct though. But getting started amongst a swarm of negativity isn't going to help. 

On 05/08/2020 at 17:24, ORANGE500 said:

They can always go and find another club to support if they aren't happy with the decisions made by man whose spent tens of millions on the club i

Spending millions when you have millions is good. Doesn't make up for a shit appointment. 

However, I personally love this club and if I was a millionaire or whatever I would get a stock in this club, invest etc. I'm not though, I haven't invested in the club. I can't. I'm guessing a majority of you are in the same boat. 

If I'm not spending on this club it's because I can't, Lansdown does, doesn't mean I can't have a ******* opinion on a descions made by the club. 

**** off. 

14 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Obviously nearly everyone is disappointed by the appointment, but that doesn’t mean people can’t still support the team

Show some backbone & walk..

Don't spend another cent at the club & they'd soon take note....

Sadly too many invertebrates without the self respect to care about being used.

14 minutes ago, Rossitl said:

6 weeks in and I fail to see how he could have come out on top of the list of managers being banded about. If this news is true he’s an easy choice. 

I hope he proves us all wrong but there’s not many fans that see this as an ambitious appointment 

Here's the internal list that was always there from the start:-

Dean Holden

Dean Holden

Dean Holden

and

Dean Holden

Here's the "let's hit them early with these big names and get them over-excited" PR list:-

Chris Hughton

Steven Gerrard

Here's the "let's distract them from realising we were always going to appoint Holden" list :-

Paul Cook

Mark Robins

Ryan Lowe

25 minutes ago, RedNachos said:

Part of being a fan is opposing your club when it's messed up. If you can't handle people doing that maybe footballs not for you. 

It's about supporting whatever the situation. Thanks for your input, pop by again when you've got less time. 

A truly shocking decision, Feel totally let down by our board. 
5 weeks to appoint the number two of the manager you just sacked as you believed he couldn’t take us to the next level. 
no logic to that whatsoever and as a fan we just have to accept this total incompetence . Broken Dissoluted supporter right now! 

OK, I may have convinced myself that Hughton was on his way here with not a lot of evidence - it just seemed common sense really.

I am absolutely shocked that they actually went for Holden. Shocked.

Don't get me wrong, I'll support the bloke as he is a very decent man and a very good coach.

But the club had the chance to make a statement and show the supporters that they mean business and they are focused on getting the club to the next level. They have failed miserably, more than that they've succeeded in making the club look like a bunch of ****** clowns.

I'll still be there (when allowed) and I will definitely support Holden - but that board can get to ****.  Bunch of arseholes.

Now, where's me crayons....(as if - but it feels like it).

If he has to think about it surely something is very wrong? It’s the opportunity of a life time for the bloke! IF this is true then what the hell is going on? 

Was he offered it initially under different circumstances? Have the club moved the goal posts?

Its bizarre. There is no way someone in Holden’s position would turn this down surely!?

5 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

I have to admit, if I was in Holdens shoes and I've seen the potential fan back lash I'd have second thoughts. 

He obviously feels he can do the job as he wouldn't have applied but imagine not having many fans on your side, he saw the division with fans with LJ but I've got a feeling this will be a lot lot worse. 

My Mrs has just said the exact same.

4 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

And why did Coppell leave? Because Lansdown stuck his big oar in.

Can't wait for the day SL sells up, Could be waiting a long while but I look forward to the day.

The man doesn't know what he's doing.

Yes he's a hell of a lot smarter than I am and a hugely successful business man but he hasn't got a clue how to run a football club.

Yeah, we thrived before him..! 

I'd be careful what you wish for..! 

Does anybody else think that report on Bristol Live is extremely vague..?! 

He can’t turn it down as he is in a no lose situation. 

As others have said, there will be no bad atmosphere at the ground due to no one being there. He will have low expectations on his shoulders and anything other than relegation will be seen as a success.

Done with this club. I’ve not been in a position to have a season ticket for 3 seasons now, will still make as many games as possible each season. Not any more.

Hoping as many of you as possible get refunds for season tickets. This club doesn’t deserve your money.

5 minutes ago, CiderCraig said:

It's about supporting whatever the situation. Thanks for your input, pop by again when you've got less time. 

TW#T

I’ve stood in the EE when we were on the bottom of the football league.

This stinks, and when it’s official I will cancel everything and will not set foot in the place again until a proper manager is appointed and/or new owners have taken residence.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Such a tired comparison- the first rudimentary analysis of football and rugby differences would be a good starting point!

Having said that Holden is not a positive choice.

I know you’re right, just don’t feel very rational at the minute 

Dean, 

You are clearly a top bloke and care about Bristol City but we would politely request that you do not accept the offer of Head Coach.

Many of us feel that you are really developing as a coach and will eventually be very successful.

However, the majority of fans feel you are not quite ready to push us in further in the Championship and we really need a more experienced head coach who has experience of promoting teams at all levels.  

You may have seen the reaction of many fans which shouldn't be taken personally but just show the love they have for the club and the desire for City to be successful.

Please take this in the spirit it is intended and we hope you make the right decision for the club and yourself.

23 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Perhaps some people aren’t ‘happy to swallow the same constant shit’ but still want to support the club they love instead of asking for refunds when we’re actually in a much better position than we were even 6 years ago. 

Obviously nearly everyone is disappointed by the appointment, but that doesn’t mean people can’t still support the team

But not as good as the last two seasons, or 2008-2010 and so on.

Archived