IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, ReggyRed said:

I know you’re right, just don’t feel very rational at the minute 

Same tbh- emotions are running high- I'm gutted if Holden gets the job with the greatest of respect to him!

Thinking about it, not only that but round the houses for 5 weeks- or all but 5 weeks- linked with a variety of big to medium names- to end up with Holden!

Complete and utter speculation, but why the bloody hell does he need to think about it? He surely has not been completely uncontactable whilst on holiday.

Only possible thing I can come up with it the sacking today was not on his say so. 

1 minute ago, QuedgeRed said:

TW#T

I’ve stood in the EE when we on the bottom of the football league.

This stinks, and when it’s official I will cancel everything and will not set foot in the place again until a proper manager is appointed and/or new owners have taken residence.

Good for you, and so did I. 

You go cancel everything, I'm sure they'll be devastated. Pointless action. 

Have a nice evening/season. 

May seem harsh but I don’t really want to wish the guy luck. I wanted somebody with fresh ideas, those were the same words on talksport by SL a few weeks ago. 

It’s the same old story and I feel like we’re back in 2016 again. The board simply can’t be trusted after this poor show of promises.

Just now, Malvern Red said:

I've heard the delay is due to Mark Ashton tracking down Dominic Cummings for advice on how to handle the press conference

You mean all this has been a 5 week eye test?

Not that Ashton needs any lessons in lying mind you 

This recruitment process was so thorough and professionally handled that it turns out that after 5 weeks, and multiple smokescreens, when they arrived at their chosen internal candidate, they weren’t even 100% sure that the bloke would accept immediately when offered.

Just think that through.

Dumbfounding.

2 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Dean, 

You are clearly a top bloke and care about Bristol City but we would politely request that you do not accept the offer of Head Coach.

Many of us feel that you are really developing as a coach and will eventually be very successful.

However, the majority of fans feel you are not quite ready to push us in further in the Championship and we really need a more experienced head coach who has experience of promoting teams at all levels.  

You may have seen the reaction of many fans which shouldn't be taken personally but just show the love they have for the club and the desire for City to be successful.

Please take this in the spirit it is intended and we hope you make the right decision for the club and yourself.

Shut up you idiot.  Who do you think you are?

Big opportunity for him and he should take the job.  Sure he has the self belief. 

It's nothing personal Dean, but you are not the person i want to be manager of a team i have been supporting for 65 years. Best of luck for the new season. SL,JL, and MA . You are a disgrace. You promised us someone fresh to move the club forward and get us into the Premiership. You told us of all these successful managers that had applied. You then told us nothing and wasted 5 weeks. When you could have given it to Dean weeks ago. He now wants to think about it over the weekend as he is not sure and you let him. My club are now a laughing stock in the eyes of the football world. You are a disgrace.

7 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Dean, 

You are clearly a top bloke and care about Bristol City but we would politely request that you do not accept the offer of Head Coach.

Many of us feel that you are really developing as a coach and will eventually be very successful.

However, the majority of fans feel you are not quite ready to push us in further in the Championship and we really need a more experienced head coach who has experience of promoting teams at all levels.  

You may have seen the reaction of many fans which shouldn't be taken personally but just show the love they have for the club and the desire for City to be successful.

Please take this in the spirit it is intended and we hope you make the right decision for the club and yourself.

He'd never turn it down and rightly so.

The board and MA on the other hand...

WaterloggedSpiritedIndianspinyloach-size_restricted.gif

All that PR corporate bull is a two way sword. As it stands, MA should be ready to fall on it.

6 minutes ago, LocoPal said:

As suggested before, the only way to bring Holden in as coach would be to recruit an experienced head in as a mentor, like Joe Jordan.

What is he doing these days?

If I was him I'd be putting me feet up and going for an occasional cruise. The bloke will be 70 next year.

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Such a tired comparison- the first rudimentary analysis of football and rugby differences would be a good starting point!

Having said that Holden is not a positive choice.

Tired maybe, but it's all relative. If money is tight, the rugby team should cut costs and employ someone with no managerial experience. We're all in it together after all.

24 minutes ago, cityexile said:

In a state of disbelief really.

Wish him well but by Christ he is going to need it. He is going to be given no slack at all. Just feel like Ashton behind this, wanted no one who would challenge the ‘model. God know what we do if he flops and have to replace him as clearly we do not want anyone that challenged the status quo.

He might be just what is needed, but however he does this is huge huge risk. I cannot think of any established Championship side that would go for somebody with such a limited track record.

Complete shock.

Middlesbrough?

If Dean Holden accepts Head Coach position with Chris Hughton as manager... I will be happy. If Dean is running the show solo...its an amateur decision and the cheapest option the board have ever done in history considering the status of our club in recent times.

23 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Why apply for a job, (an internal promotion at that) go all the way through the process and then, when offered, say “I’ll think about it”. 

I would have thought that our exhaustive and highly professional interviewers ?might have asked the old “if you were to be offered this position, would you accept it” question. Dear dear. 

I've done it more than once for a variety of reasons. Lets face it the reaction on here is akin to meltdown....He might want to mull the fact that he will not be the popular choice and he's watched LJ get death threats...Yep I would mull over a weekend too! 

34 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

If this appointment goes tits up then when it comes to looking for a replacement I think our reputation will have taken a battering and any high profile manager won't be interested 

Maybe, maybe not- football can move on quickly.

Birmingham had a bit of a transitional season under Clotet, who was an inexperienced manager-now have Karanka- mind you their recruitment process seemed quite a bit less problematic than this one! Clotet's background prior to joining Birmingham seemed more credible than that of Holden too.

I’d like to know where Gregor is getting his info from. Ashton meets Holden this afternoon and so say offers him the job. Gregor is aware of that within a couple of hours? Surely that would only be known by the senior bods at AG who wouldn’t leak that info that quickly. I still wonder if someone is pulling Gregor’s chain. I also find it odd that JM would leave before Holden has decided whether he wants the job as presumably it would be for Holden to decide who he wants to keep. 

Archived