IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Question:

Is this the worst appointment since Tony Fawthrop - or it even worse than that?

If it's worse, does anyone think a Bristol City board has ever taken a worse decision on a managerial appointment ever?

It's that bad!

Just now, eardun said:

I’d like to know where Gregor is getting his info from. Ashton meets Holden this afternoon and so say offers him the job. Gregor is aware of that within a couple of hours? Surely that would only be known by the senior bods at AG who wouldn’t leak that info that quickly. I still wonder if someone is pulling Gregor’s chain. I also find it odd that JM would leave before Holden has decided whether he wants the job as presumably it would be for Holden to decide who he wants to keep. 

Having calmed down a bit I can see where you are coming from.

Until its all official it is still up in the air.

But the board have proven to be incompetent whatever the outcome.

9 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Dean, 

You are clearly a top bloke and care about Bristol City but we would politely request that you do not accept the offer of Head Coach.

Many of us feel that you are really developing as a coach and will eventually be very successful.

However, the majority of fans feel you are not quite ready to push us in further in the Championship and we really need a more experienced head coach who has experience of promoting teams at all levels.  

You may have seen the reaction of many fans which shouldn't be taken personally but just show the love they have for the club and the desire for City to be successful.

Please take this in the spirit it is intended and we hope you make the right decision for the club and yourself.

“...the majority of fans...” - this forum represents the views of a a tiny, tiny, tiny percentage of Bristol City fans - how do you know what the majority of fans ‘feel’ ?

57 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

If you lost all income coming in what would you do........start spending more money on designer clothes or use what you already have in your wardrobe? I'm disappointed but I can fully understand why we have had to appoint Deano 

If that was the case, then I wouldn't have spent five effing weeks looking in boutique windows and trying outfits on for size..

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Shut up you idiot.  Who do you think you are?

Big opportunity for him and he should take the job.  Sure he has the self belief. 

So, seemingly, not good enough for League 2 Bolton but good enough for us.

So anyone with self-belief gets a shot at managing our Club. LJ had that in buckets full.

Says a lot about the current state of our Club does this offer.

Nearly done with it myself, which after 50 years plus of emotional and financial ‘investment’ in every division is a difficult thing to type. 

1 minute ago, eardun said:

I’d like to know where Gregor is getting his info from. Ashton meets Holden this afternoon and so say offers him the job. Gregor is aware of that within a couple of hours? Surely that would only be known by the senior bods at AG who wouldn’t leak that info that quickly. I still wonder if someone is pulling Gregor’s chain. I also find it odd that JM would leave before Holden has decided whether he wants the job as presumably it would be for Holden to decide who he wants to keep. 

I thought four things

1 McGregor is right

2 McGregor is having his chain yanked

3 The club are trying to find out who is feeding McGregor

4 The club is trying to find out the reaction in advance to DHs appointment

9 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Question:

If it's worse, does anyone think a Bristol City board has ever taken a worse decision on a managerial appointment ever?

Has there been one thats been this incompetently played out? 6 weeks to appoint internally? The lies spewed by Lansdown. The deafining silence...The goading by Lansdown jnr....

Bristol City FC
A complete small minded tinpot club going nowhere fast.
Premiership football, you’re having a laugh.
I was gutted with the appointment of Johnson, that disappointment has now been magnified ten times.
I’ve supported my local club for 46 years now, watched away games at Maine Rd Manchester City to Somerton Park Newport County.
Watched City mid table of the First Div or premiership as its now known to bottom of Div 4.
In all that time I’ve never been so gutted at a managerial appointment as i have of todays.
First time in 46 years i have to say I’ve finally lost interest.

4 minutes ago, eardun said:

It's been clear enough that GM's sources are at the top of the club. Either MA himself or someone who reports directly to him would be my guess.

1 minute ago, RedRock said:

So anyone with self-belief gets a shot at managing our Club. LJ had that in buckets full.

Says a lot about the current state of our Club does this offer.

Nearly done with it myself, which after 50 years plus of emotional and financial ‘investment’ in every division is a difficult thing to type. 

Not sure what you are talking about. The OP is asking someone who has been presented an amazing opportunity to turn it down even if he thinks he is up to the job. 

8 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Who said it was Robbo?  Not me.  

If he thinks he can do the job then why the hell should he turn it down? It’s a massive opportunity for him.

He will be under pressure from day one. Lets hope he has strong back

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Who said it was Robbo?  Not me.  

If he thinks he can do the job then why the hell should he turn it down? It’s a massive opportunity for him.

TBH I think he was a bit bloody previous applying for it in the first place. I mean, I've got one or two antiques in my house, but I'd not apply for the position of chief valuer at Sotheby's!   :laughcont:

He's been around the club though, so maybe he knows how unpredictable the board's decisions are. 

I obviously hope he does well if he takes the job. But it's a massive blunder by Lansdown and Ashton. 

15 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Dean, 

You are clearly a top bloke and care about Bristol City but we would politely request that you do not accept the offer of Head Coach.

Many of us feel that you are really developing as a coach and will eventually be very successful.

However, the majority of fans feel you are not quite ready to push us in further in the Championship and we really need a more experienced head coach who has experience of promoting teams at all levels.  

You may have seen the reaction of many fans which shouldn't be taken personally but just show the love they have for the club and the desire for City to be successful.

Please take this in the spirit it is intended and we hope you make the right decision for the club and yourself.

What an arrogant post.  What entitles you to speak on behalf of the majority of fans’?  

1 minute ago, MC RISK77 said:

Maybe not but Why not...you never taken a risk and through your own ideas and determination never made it work...self belief can be a huge factor in your success or not 

They all believe in themselves. Even the bloke at the Gas has that. 

If (still saying if for pure hopes sake) Holden is appointed it’ll be the least well received appointment since Pulis. I’ll back him, but my estimation of the desire of the club has taken a massive knock, it feels like we’ve regressed five years in a single day.

6 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Wow, must be great to be ITK about what goes on behind the scenes at both City AND Bolton.

I seem to recall dome fella called Zidane had zero managerial experience. He did ok.

27 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

whats annoying is that we have had interest from serious calibre of managers such as Hughton and Christoph Daum (who has 5 league titles as manager inc the bundesliga)

The problem is you can never tell what's gone on behind closed doors - but it beggars belief that not one of the very capable managers that apparently applied for and were interviewed for the job, were not better qualified than the complete gamble of Holden.

I would love to know if SL pushed for him or if MA has pushed for him. If it is MA, beware the influence (that will only get stronger) he is developing at the club.

If you thought LJ was a yes man...DH, don't get me started.

9 minutes ago, eardun said:

Hi

Supporter & season ticket holder for half a century.....and long time reader but never posted 

Does anyone think that the Club are using Mcgregor , feeding rumour , some of it inaccurate , as some part of a smokescreen

Something smells

(Unfortunately I cant see why , but its our last hope)

16 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Question:

Tough call but even though we were in the division below, Fawthrop was marginally worse.

Never played professionally, never been a coach anywhere, he was a chief scout (& as Scott Davidson memorably said, a former chip shop owner).

Holden has played the game & some coaching experience but is a million years away from what SL said he was after when LJ was sacked.

11 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

“...the majority of fans...” - this forum represents the views of a a tiny, tiny, tiny percentage of Bristol City fans - how do you know what the majority of fans ‘feel’ ?

Weak BS4....you know the reality

Archived