IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It's a cringeworthy, arrogant, patronising post. 

One I hope he shoves down your throat, literally, if he has any success here. 

If he doesn't have any success here, I can tell you now, with certainty, that he won't look back and think "damn, I should have taken heed of Top Robins' post on the forum back in Aug 2020. HE TRIED TO TELL ME AND I JUST DIDN'T LISTEN...!" 

Psychoanalysing your recent posts I can deduce that you are very angry and in denial.

6 minutes ago, Colombo Robin said:

Clearly Lansdown has decided with Covid now is not the time..

Clearly .... stop coming to conclusions based on internet fibs and journo shite.

Last time I checked the official website / media were showing the latest Robins lotto winners

2 minutes ago, CiderCraig said:

And its your prerogative to not invest any more. What I don't get is people saying they won't support City until Ashton has gone, or Holden. 

Holden applied, he got the job. 

There's a ***** who is a manager at my local supermarket. I really, really hate him. Doesn't stop me shopping there though 

Why not? I would shop somewhere else.

Some people are blinded by their loyalty to the club and will take anything they are given. If you are that person then fair play.

Others listened to the spill they were given about proven manager, pushing on the the next level etc... and now feel they were given nothing but lies.

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

You can't really compare one of the greatest players of all time, as a player. No. 

It's fairly irrelivent when it comes to managing, as to how good a player you were. 

Ask Shearer, Sol Campbell, Paul Ince amongst many many more. 

Or Jose or Wenger, for that matter. 

While I agree that good player does not necessarily make good manager, you at least have appointed a "name", made a statement about your ambitions, have someone with solid top level contacts and someone who will be a draw in recruiting (and attracting the floating voter ST purchaser).

DH has none of these advantages, but he also comes without us knowing if he'll make a good manager - because he's never done it.

BB you must see the anger people feel isn't so much at Holden, the man, but at the disconnect between the big ambitions signalled by Lansdown and the appointment of a pretty obscure assistant manager who has no record of managerial achievement.

It's like someone saying "I have a private zoo" and then finding out he has a cat, a hamster and two tortoises.

Take the ******* job Dean, prove the doubters wrong and show us that you are worthy of the position. I will support your teams , hope for victory and sing your name when you get it right. It’s a ******* tough job, it rarely ends well but make it your own, do your best and get us up...this is your chance to write your own history...and ours. Good luck sir

I can't get over the fact that we know so little about the interview process. Did it take the normal course of what are your ideas to take us forward and what are your requirements to achieve that. Or did it take the form this is what we want and this is what's on offer would you be prepared to accept those conditions. 

41 minutes ago, Taylor10 said:

If he has to think about it surely something is very wrong? It’s the opportunity of a life time for the bloke! IF this is true then what the hell is going on? 

Was he offered it initially under different circumstances? Have the club moved the goal posts?

Its bizarre. There is no way someone in Holden’s position would turn this down surely!?

The last five weeks and then today’s events have confirmed to me that something is VERY wrong at BCFC.

DH should never have been put in this position. I feel sorry for him as he’s on a hiding to nothing (which is probably why he need to think about it) - for the first time, I feel very disillusioned by Lansdown and despite all he has done for us, it’s very clear that his priority is the Bears over City.

Nothing of what he said on Talk Sport has come to fruition - nobody new from the outside with fresh ideas and DH is not someone who will take us to the next level.

We may as well have stuck with LJ

27 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I thought four things

1 McGregor is right

2 McGregor is having his chain yanked

3 The club are trying to find out who is feeding McGregor

4 The club is trying to find out the reaction in advance to DHs appointment

Or Gregor is right in that DH has been offered the Head Coach role, but that isn’t the full story - i.e. it is a role that sits under a new Director of Football/Manager appointment. The timing of JM’s departure would make more sense to me then. DOF doesn’t want JM but he would take DH. It would also make sense for DH to have the weekend to consider whether he wants the role in that structure. Another theory anyway! 

12 minutes ago, Colombo Robin said:

Clearly Lansdown has decided with Covid now is not the time to go all in and splash the cash. Could seriously backfire. Im glad we have someone with business sense safeguarding the clubs future instead of the hotheads on here. Good luck Holden. I will be right behind you. P.S. Play Morrell please

Not the time to splash the cash? Do you think sacking LJ and JMc was free? That would cost a small fortune. 

SL’s decisions have weakened the club, not COVID. Why rock the boat in the middle of a pandemic, claim we need a breath of fresh air, appoint one of the three who was part of the original problem, and take five bloody weeks to arrive at that decision? 

Complete cock-up from start to finish and the board should be ashamed. The whole process has been handled shambolically.

5 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Why not? I would shop somewhere else.

Some people are blinded by their loyalty to the club and will take anything they are given. If you are that person then fair play.

Others listened to the spill they were given about proven manager, pushing on the the next level etc... and now feel they were given nothing but lies.

True city have no options. You can do what you wish.

6 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Psychoanalysing your recent posts I can deduce that you are very angry and in denial.

Not at all. I'm not in agreement with the appointment, but I'm not arrogant enough to write a patronising not to the new boss trying to dissuade him from accepting the offer..! 

I will give him my full backing & support and hope he's been given the job because he genuinely came out of interviews as the best candidate. 

I'll then base my ongoing judgement on how he does, rather than how we think he might do. 

I know emotions are running high and temper's at boiling point. 

But is this a decision based on the current covid climate we are in.

Holden takes job on less money than LJ, We go down to one assistant coach and save on wages.

Holden told signings and trades will be at a minimum and you have to work with the squad you have which he knows.

The main problem with all this no one wants Holden to fail or the club but it is going to be a test of all at the top if things do go bad.

20 minutes ago, Colombo Robin said:

Clearly Lansdown has decided with Covid now is not the time to go all in and splash the cash. Could seriously backfire. Im glad we have someone with business sense safeguarding the clubs future instead of the hotheads on here. Good luck Holden. I will be right behind you. P.S. Play Morrell please

If it were all that simple, why wait five weeks

6 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

While I agree that good player does not necessarily make good manager, you at least have appointed a "name", made a statement about your ambitions, have someone with solid top level contacts and someone who will be a draw in recruiting (and attracting the floating voter ST purchaser).

DH has none of these advantages, but he also comes without us knowing if he'll make a good manager - because he's never done it.

BB you must see the anger people feel isn't so much at Holden, the man, but at the disconnect between the big ambitions signalled by Lansdown and the appointment of a pretty obscure assistant manager who has no record of managerial achievement.

It's like someone saying "I have a private zoo" and then finding out he has a cat, a hamster and two tortoises.

That has to be one of the most obscure analogies I've ever read..! 

DH strikes me as being very much (potentially) like the appointment of Eddie Howe at Bournemouth, Sean Dyche at Burnley or Martinez at Swansea..? 

Granted, he could turn out to be as bad as far bigger names, who I'm sure excited fans of other clubs and were terrible. 

I am still shocked if this is true.

Thinking about it a bit more, and if Lansdown actually meant what he said in that Talksport interview (or as we know now if this is true it is just more waffle), then how does Holden even get interviewed for the position?

Dont get me wrong this is not a dig at Holden as I hold no grudge against him at all. 

But surely if the requirement was someone to give us that extra push, to get us over the line, then his CV would not even be considered? In any other walk of life if there is a particular requirement for a job, or on the CV you can’t see this, they will automatically get a thanks but no thanks letter!

1 minute ago, tin said:

Not the time to splash the cash? Do you think sacking LJ and JMc was free? That would cost a small fortune. 

SL’s decisions have weakened the club, not COVID. Why rock the boat in the middle of a pandemic, claim we need a breath of fresh air, appoint one of the three who was part of the original problem, and take five bloody weeks to arrive at that decision? 

Complete cock-up from start to finish and the board should be ashamed. The whole process has been handled shambolically.

You think Hughton would agree to come here without funds to splash? Holden is much better placed to work with what we have. Purse strings are being tightened everywhere, not just at BCFC. Its just extremely frustrating/unfortunate for us fans that this has all happened when i think Lansdown was actually preparing for one big gamble/push for the prem

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Thousands of of people thought that Donald Trump was the best choice for president of the most powerful country in the world. I cannot say I agree with their assessment.

Have you ever been to the middle of America ? Makes Knowle West community centre the equivalent of Oxford Uni

Wonder if Holden’s apparent stalling is because of McAllister’s sacking?

Who’s decision are we assuming it is that JMc was let go?

Would Holden want to get rid of someone he’s worked with, and would be a comforting and helpful bit of continuity as he potentially takes a job that he deep down knows is way above his station?

Or was JMc sacked for another reason  ? And perhaps Holden isn’t sure he wants to work for people that treat his friend and colleague like that? 

Explain that one away, Mr Ashton

Archived