IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ultimately, if Holden gets the job he'll get my full backing.

I'll be very disappointed, but not at Holden. He'll have received his brief, and that will be to improve on this season and make a push towards promotion, and that is what he'll be judged on. Should he do it, then he's done better than anyone here would've imagined.

If he doesn't, he'll deserve the sack, and real questions will need to be asked of Lansdown and Ashton. Unlike the last time Lansdown was put in this position, he will have had a legitimate proven option in Hughton, yet he would've chosen to stick to his guns and continue to adopt a slow and steady strategy under LJ that failed and set us back 1-2 years.

Lansdown is not above criticism, regardless of how much of his own money he's poured into the club. He has had decades to make the club self-sufficient, and while we're making great strides, we're still at a point where we cannot afford to be competitive in this division. To ask for promotion without being able to afford it reduces his credibility, and ultimately if he continues to push for promotion while pinching pennies I think that he should consider selling up to someone that can actually put that vision in place.

1 hour ago, EnderMB said:

Ultimately, if Holden gets the job he'll get my full backing.

I'll be very disappointed, but not at Holden. He'll have received his brief, and that will be to improve on this season and make a push towards promotion, and that is what he'll be judged on. Should he do it, then he's done better than anyone here would've imagined.

If he doesn't, he'll deserve the sack, and real questions will need to be asked of Lansdown and Ashton. Unlike the last time Lansdown was put in this position, he will have had a legitimate proven option in Hughton, yet he would've chosen to stick to his guns and continue to adopt a slow and steady strategy under LJ that failed and set us back 1-2 years.

Lansdown is not above criticism, regardless of how much of his own money he's poured into the club. He has had decades to make the club self-sufficient, and while we're making great strides, we're still at a point where we cannot afford to be competitive in this division. To ask for promotion without being able to afford it reduces his credibility, and ultimately if he continues to push for promotion while pinching pennies I think that he should consider selling up to someone that can actually put that vision in place.

Championship clubs are frequently selling, is the way of the world.

Ask Brentford, or at times Nottingham Forest, Leeds to name 3 in recent times. Or Birmingham, Jesus have they been decimated last couple of seasons!

Sell up? Careful what you wish for!

Make club self-sufficent- at this level- you must be joking!

So, five weeks after the powers that be at our football club state that they have recieved masses of interest in the head coach position from top drawer applicants from all over the globe and will appoint someone to take us to the next level, they offer the job to the assistant of the bloke that they have just rightly sacked.

But wait... it gets better.

He is taking the weekend to decide if he wants it!!

**** me... ?

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Championship clubs are frequently selling, is the way of the world.

Ask Brentford, or at times Nottingham Forest, Leeds to name 3 in recent times. Or Birmingham, Jesus have they been decimated last couple of seasons!

Sell up? Careful what you wish for!

Make club self-sufficent- at this level- you must be joking!

Im not sure i want an egotistical maniac as an owner tbh.

I cannot trust Lansdown any longer.

I dont feel like he has the best interests of the club at heart. Despite his financial security. There are to many bizarre decisions for me to know that he has the best interests of the club at heart.

He should NOT be above criticism. Yes we can be alot worse off of course. We can be better off. Any moron with half a brain cell can see Holden is the wrong choice for one. 

I could be wrong. I doubt I am at this point though. Holden could have short term success. Again, i dont think so. But long term, we aint going nowhere under Lansdown. Good or bad. Id rather have somebody that wasnt so ego driven leading us. 

I think the castigation of an owner, before an announcement, should stop. 

But boy their PR dept has been found wanting. Who decided and devised the idea of an, at times, unhelpful bunch of remarks to the press needs fair criticism. 

And that ultimately needs levelling at the Chairman for his handling of it... One straight tweet a week would have been sufficient... Keeping us informed , honestly, why it was taking so long and to please be patient. No need to give anything away. It's not rocket science.

Instead you have a supporter base that is flinging quite vitriolic remarks especially to the Chairman's father. Cannot be nice for him. 

2 hours ago, havanatopia said:

I think the castigation of an owner, before an announcement, should stop. 

But boy their PR dept has been found wanting. Who decided and devised the idea of an, at times, unhelpful bunch of remarks to the press needs fair criticism. 

And that ultimately needs levelling at the Chairman for his handling of it... One straight tweet a week would have been sufficient... Keeping us informed , honestly, why it was taking so long and to please be patient. No need to give anything away. It's not rocket science.

Instead you have a supporter base that is flinging quite vitriolic remarks especially to the Chairman's father. Cannot be nice for him. 

I completely agree , the clubs handling of this has been amateurish. Right now I feel sorry for Dean, opportunity of his life managers position at a relatively big club leaked to the press with the final comment he wants time to think about it.  Dean Holden deserves better than that 

We are all taking MacGregors article as gospel and fact.  While one has to think he does seem to have some inside info he could  be wrong.  The club been so tight on this saga. 

No where else has this been leaked from club, one has to think Monday is announcement day and I still retain a degree of hope DH will not be the HC. I am still struggling to get my head round the fact that after 5  of weeks interviews and looking at all applications the best was our No 2 under the failed LJ tenure.  

18 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

We are all taking MacGregors article as gospel and fact.  While one has to think he does seem to have some inside info he could  be wrong.  The club been so tight on this saga. 

No where else has this been leaked from club, one has to think Monday is announcement day and I still retain a degree of hope DH will not be the HC. I am still struggling to get my head round the fact that after 5  of weeks interviews and looking at all applications the best was our No 2 under the failed LJ tenure.  

There has to be something else going on at the club, DH could of been called in on Friday afternoon and informed that the club has made a decision and out of respect told him he was not successful. 

After all five weeks have now gone by and if he was successful he would of been told before he went on holiday.

I hope I’m correct and a big surprise still awaits us Monday.

Archived