IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If it's true and he has had the weekend to think about it, even that is poor handling of the situation and abit schoolboy from City, as surely if you applied for the job, had the interview and put yourself through that process, then you must want the position, so what is there to think about and mull over during the course of the weekend

You either want the job or not, the fact they are suggesting he has time to think about it doesn't fill me with any confidence and should worry the players that he doesn't even have the drive and determination to even take this role

21 minutes ago, RedM said:

I’m pretty certain it was Moyes or Pulis and the board were split and SL had the deciding vote. I think I’ve tried to blank out the detail as I’m still upset about that bad call ?

Yes Pulis was on paper at the time desirable, but as I’ve just written elsewhere you got to look someone in the eyes and see what the candidate is made of. But I do admit that Pulis has managed to talk his way into being almost constantly employed and seems to mostly come out smelling of roses by sueing people

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-i-would-never-say-2143318.amp

Sure I read that he was on a plane having been offered the job and by the time he got off Pulis had it.

The thing that bursts my blood vessels is that this board has managed to take bickering among fans to unprecedented levels.

I hate to see City supporters abusing each other on here.

We all have something special in common.

The love and passion for our Club is what unites us.

Don't let this, or any other Chairman and board of directors ever undermine that.

41 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

What have I written that’s deluded? Hoping a man takes a job that’s been offered to him for the sake of him is deluded?

Maybe you didn’t understand what I wrote 

Deluded because apart from a tiny percentage of fans. Nobody gives a shit about his opportunity or whether he’s a good man etc, etc. We want the best man for the job. He isn’t that man. So your little goodwill message is as pointless as this appointment will be.

"There is a tide in the affairs of men.
Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;
Omitted, all the voyage of their life
Is bound in shallows and in miseries.
On such a full sea are we now afloat,
And we must take the current when it serves,
Or lose our ventures."

Oh, why don't you just **** off Shakespeare, you pompous basBard !

4 minutes ago, AshtonG666 said:

If it's true and he has had the weekend to think about it, even that is poor handling of the situation and abit schoolboy from City, as surely if you applied for the job, had the interview and put yourself through that process, then you must want the position, so what is there to think about and mull over during the course of the weekend

You either want the job or not, the fact they are suggesting he has time to think about it doesn't fill me with any confidence and should worry the players that he doesn't even have the drive and determination to even take this role

Perhaps he’s mulling over whether he really wants what might come with it? I think we all want the club to do well - and on match days when the whistle goes it doesn’t really matter who is on the sideline because we get behind the team and drive them on - but if results go the wrong way early on - is he up for the pressure. 

33 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Why not, he was an unproven coach. So was Guardiola.

The fact that they had stellar playing careers is irrelevant.

They had zero credentials as coaches

But they had the advantage of the fact that their stellar careers meant everyone in the game knew their name - and they, in themselves, could draw players to a club.

Not something anyone can say about Dean Holden. 

14 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

I thought SSN were usually a good source, maybe this is one big bluff eh

In the main the media recirculates news that has been provided by one, or a small number of sources. If there’s a scoop in The Times then the other papers and TV channels repeat it. In this case it’s Gregor MacGregor who has provided the scoop. SSN don’t devote much effort to Bristol City as, in the scheme of things, it’s a small club with hardly any support outside Bristol, so they will take what the local paper says as gospel 

5 minutes ago, supercidered said:

Deluded because apart from a tiny percentage of fans. Nobody gives a shit about his opportunity or whether he’s a good man etc, etc. We want the best man for the job. He isn’t that man. So your little goodwill message is as pointless as this appointment will be.

You sound like a lovely person. Have a nice day. 

3 minutes ago, supercidered said:

We want the best man for the job from amongst those people who want to do the job.  You have no idea who was in the running, and you cannot force someone to take a job they are not interested in.  This is the real world here, at a particularly difficult time.

41 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Yes...but where did they get that from?  Bristol live & MacGregor. This is better than any soap drama   Great fun now.  No longer p1ssed off.  Roll on Monday

It doesn't make sense that Holden would take a weekend to accept a dream job. I reckon he's been offered a coach role, with a bigger name coming in above him. 

2 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

It doesn't make sense that Holden would take a weekend to accept a dream job. I reckon he's been offered a coach role, with a bigger name coming in above him. 

I think you hit the nail on the head with that one. 

44 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Why not, he was an unproven coach. So was Guardiola.

The fact that they had stellar playing careers is irrelevant.

They had zero credentials as coaches

But having stellar playing careers will help you attract players to a club.

Guardiola had at least won a title ( all be it with Barcelona B) before he took over the top job.

Guardiola was not part of a coaching team that presided over two of the worst runs of games in a clubs history without a win, but that doesn’t matter please take the top job, and see if we can equal that!!

No matter how good MA thinks he is, I can’t see what he will say! Not that it really matters as no doubt he will not be asked any difficult questions, as it will only be Gregor and the guy that does the awful post match interviews for the club, so nothing going to happen there!

I would quite like to see a live stream of the interview if he goes on Radio Bristol with Geoff Twentyman, as to be far Geoff does pose more difficult questions and watch him squirm!

5 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

If we are in the bottom half on Jan 1st, what do we think will happen?

No one will go to watch at Ashton Gate? Oops, that’s quite likely anyway given the pandemic situation.

As a conspiracy theory, just as there has been the phrase “good day to bury bad news” now is probably a “good time to appoint a cheap, unproven and possibly unpopular manager” safe in the knowledge that there won’t be a fan backlash in the ground when it all starts to unravel...

2 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Go full circle, how do you know this is correct.  Being offered a role and taking weekend to consider. Who knows what role, even if offered a role.

MacGregor has to have source to write this but how accurate is his source.  I do agree mind, you don’t apply for a job, get offered it, then change mind go away and think about it.  
We can guess all weekend, end is in sight.  

10 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Im awaiting confirmation before deciding what im going to do

Your misty eyed views on anything the Club do are in some ways admirable but mine have worn more than thin for me now

We do not differ that much. We both support Bristol City but I am am prepared to support the club in its choices because I am unable to change them. You seem to have conditional support if they support your notion of who to employ as manager.  I believer that I am the realist here.

45 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yep they will do that. They’ll also block people I think, they’ve been doing that more and more recently.

I was blocked for posting Spiderman on a train, they're very precious.

27 minutes ago, AshtonG666 said:

It may be Dean, being the man he clearly is, has a bit more self-awareness than those running the club and wants to be clear in his own mind the toxicity he’s going to be walking into is worth it.

I think I’d be doing the same, frankly. None of this is his fault, after all.

1 minute ago, The Journalist said:

It may be Dean, being the man he clearly is, has a bit more self-awareness than those running the club and wants to be clear in his own mind the toxicity he’s going to be walking into is worth it.

But he did apply?

So he probably knew what he was getting into.

7 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

He told you that did he :laugh: ?

9 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Go full circle, how do you know this is correct.  Being offered a role and taking weekend to consider. Who knows what role, even if offered a role.

MacGregor has to have source to write this but how accurate is his source.  I do agree mind, you don’t apply for a job, get offered it, then change mind go away and think about it.  
We can guess all weekend, end is in sight.  

Said all along, is this a guise to wait for Paul Cook?

8 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Spot on.

Whatever my thoughts on him being appointed, his options appear to be either take the top job or make yourself unemployed.

In those circumstances you can completely understand why he would take it.

Archived