IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

26 minutes ago, Knighty said:

‪I hear he been sent home to think about weather 

Im also at home thinking about weather.

Is it a bit too hot for a bbq this afternoon?

14 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

No, almost all 3 of the relegation places are nailed on, with fans Adams Park and the New York stadium might have been difficult places to go, but with no / fee fans I think they are nailed on to go down along with likely Sheff W with their points deduction. 

So although I don't think we would go down I don't see us being anywhere other than nearer the bottom than top. 

For that reason it’s a shame leeds have gone up and villa didn’t come down. Much “easier”’places to go without the atmosphere

23 minutes ago, Knighty said:

I’m marmite.... hearing McAllister didn’t want part of the new set up which would lower his role in the set up, Williams u sure of, ciise is kind of important due to being bilingual and an experience man will be announced Monday Tuesday.

holden been told his role now I don’t know weather that be the same as now which is assistant or weather it denotes him as well.

whichever way it’s not what it seems... alledgly 

Hopefully you are reliable and some of this may be true....the plot thickens perhaps

I actually feel quite sorry for Dean Holden in this, hear me out.

He's been (allegedly) offered a fair old pay rise to take a job at a club he knows inside out but doesn't appear to have the experience needed for such a role yet. He MAY be a success but chances are, with his lack of experience, we're going to struggle.

SL / JL and the odious MA have put him in this position and the reaction from the support / customers is pretty much universally damning.

Dean Holden is, I'm sure, a very nice and honourable man who has been manoeuvred into a situation where, miracles aside, he just can't win and he will have to face the vitriol of decisions made by others while they get off scot free.

I do feel for the bloke TBH and don't hold him responsible for this joke of a situation in any way. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he turned it down in all honesty.

22 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

There might be something in what Top Robin is saying. after all if you got offered a managers job at a football club in my opinion why would you want to think about it. you take it. 

I did outline my thoughts on exactly this yesterday in the Chris Hughton thread following a discussion a friend had with MA.

31 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Having a BBQ later - in a bubble apparently.

Never been in a bubble, looking forward to it.

Is that one of those new fangled bits of cooking kit - like a big green egg?

25 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Certainly not . Just get her some water now and again 

She’ll be alright with some factor 50 and a big sun hat, although I did suggest that if she wears her string vest she will end up looking like a chess board!

17 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I actually feel quite sorry for Dean Holden in this, hear me out.

He's been (allegedly) offered a fair old pay rise to take a job at a club he knows inside out but doesn't appear to have the experience needed for such a role yet. He MAY be a success but chances are, with his lack of experience, we're going to struggle.

SL / JL and the odious MA have put him in this position and the reaction from the support / customers is pretty much universally damning.

Dean Holden is, I'm sure, a very nice and honourable man who has been manoeuvred into a situation where, miracles aside, he just can'twin and he will have to face the vitriol of decisions made by others while they get off scot free.

I do feel for the bloke TBH and don't hold him responsible for this joke of a situation in any way. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he turned it down in all honesty.

Couldn't agree more, it would be easy for DH to read this and think its aimed at him where it really isn't. If he takes the job he he Gets my full support. Not sure about the ceo and board though who Really need to work on their communication 

From where I'm standing it looks like Holden's first act as head coach was to bin off McAllister. That's a bold first roll of the dice and interesting to see who he brings in and his right hand man. The manager/assistant relationship is often a tight and long term bond. Fascinating to know who he picks.

17 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

There might be something in what Top Robin is saying. after all if you got offered a managers job at a football club in my opinion why would you want to think about it. you take it. 

Yeh and he decided to 'think about it' even before all the negative reactions from the fans......I wonder what he must be thinking now after seeing the fans views once they found out he was offered it. 

Implies he had possible doubts then which have probably been compounded now. 

1 minute ago, havanatopia said:

So this is a plastic bubble? How does that work then what with all the heat and fat spits? Won't it burst?.

Apparently it is a virtual bubble.

I don't know if that means it is not quite a bubble or that the bubble doesn't physically exist, in which case it isn't a bubble after all and I am being told lies.

Anyway, what thread is this ?

Oh yeah - Ashton out, Hughton in, support Holden etc.

18 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

If you lost all income coming in what would you do........start spending more money on designer clothes or use what you already have in your wardrobe? I'm disappointed but I can fully understand why we have had to appoint Deano 

Open your eyes for god sake. Listen to lansdowns interview on talkSPORT . He said . We want premier league football ASAP . Lee was sacked because he didn’t get us in the play offs . Wants a manager to take us to the next level. 
This was all in the middle of the pandemic and being a billionaire financial expert he would of known full well the costs incurred well before making these statements .get your head out of your ass 

5 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

What happens if he turns ot down????????

What is plan B ????

That will not happen. He is in a win win situation. Take the job massive pay rise. He does well then all is good. He fails gets the sack and he walks away with pay off. He is financially much better off and has good experience at our expense. All is good for him.

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Apparently it is a virtual bubble.

I don't know if that means it is not quite a bubble or that the bubble doesn't physically exist, in which case it isn't a bubble after all and I am being told lies.

Anyway, what thread is this ?

Oh yeah - Ashton out, Hughton in, support Holden etc.

A virtual bubble you say. If such a thing exists why not employ them at football grounds so that you can sit or stand next to your fellow red and cough away at will knowing your cough will virtually disappear?. I dunno, sounds a bit off on the technology to me. Very Orwellian in fact, the concept that is, but that was 36 years ago and we have not advanced much. How about floating bubbles above the stands and pitch? You can have a two person bubble for couples and single bubbles. With inbuilt motors acting as coolers as well. I think I am on to something here.

Archived