IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, gazzer said:

Juve sack Sarri, appoint Pirlo in less than a day. Thread on Juve forum less than a page. 

Pirlo’s managerial experience

Appointed Juve’s U 23 manager end of July 2020!

If it is true that the Post "journalist" has used the words "fairly exciting" with regard to someone coming in to assist Holden, I think that the most likely candidate would be Joe Jordan, who still lives locally, knows the club, loves the club and as far as I am aware is doing pretty much bugger all (stand to be corrected on the latter).

I think that most supporters of my generation would be happy with that. Younger ones maybe more indifferent. Hence "fairly exciting".

Maybe just wishful thinking on my part, as I think it is almost criminal that he has lived on the doorstep for so many years without his experience being utilised. I think that Johnson could have benefited.

2 hours ago, Superjack said:

If it is true that the Post "journalist" has used the words "fairly exciting" with regard to someone coming in to assist Holden, I think that the most likely candidate would be Joe Jordan, who still lives locally, knows the club, loves the club and as far as I am aware is doing pretty much bugger all (stand to be corrected on the latter).

I think that most supporters of my generation would be happy with that. Younger ones maybe more indifferent. Hence "fairly exciting".

Maybe just wishful thinking on my part, as I think it is almost criminal that he has lived on the doorstep for so many years without his experience being utilised. I think that Johnson could have benefited.

I hope Joe is healthy and has the legs because he's no spring chicken and may prefer to be an arm chair fan. He has done it all, why come back into the fire. 

The one thing I will admit is that of all those who would be kings, aside from age, Joe is a 'workable' choice for the board and I would not be surprised , given where we are, the thought has crossed their enigmatic minds!

As so many have opined about a rabbit out of the hat, after I wrote that piece in Chris Hughton, the indications are either not there or very tenuous. From what I have heard and the oddity of Holden 'thinking about the best job offer he will likely ever get' and the sacking of Macca it does point to something happening. For the love of God I hope so.

I would just add though that as much as I loved the two times Joe was here his suitability, at this stage of his life, having been out of the game for so long, would not really excite the fan base. Nor, may I say, would he bring sufficient gravitas to the table. Remember, he has to elevate Holden to a place of acceptability. Love him as we do Jordan will sadly not do that.

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

I hope Joe is healthy and has the legs because he's no spring chicken and may prefer to be an arm chair fan. He has done it all, why come back into the fire. 

The one thing I will admit is that of all those who would be kings, aside from age, Joe is a 'workable' choice for the board and I would not be surprised , given where we are, the thought has crossed their enigmatic minds!

As so many have opined about a rabbit out of the hat, after I wrote that piece in Chris Hughton, the indications are either not there or very tenuous. From what I have heard and the oddity of Holden 'thinking about the best job offer he will likely ever get' and the sacking of Macca it does point to something happening. For the love of God I hope so.

I would just add though that as much as I loved the two times Joe was here his suitability, at this stage of his life, having been out of the game for so long, would not really excite the fan base. Nor, may I say, would he bring sufficient gravitas to the table. Remember, he has to elevate Holden to a place of acceptability. Love him as we do Jordan will sadly not do that.

Sadly I think the time has now passed for any level of 'gravitas' to which you refer.

Although I take your well made points.

If it is to be Holden though, someone of Joe's experience is what may balance the scales. It wouldn't have to be that 'hands on', just a wise head to help steer. At his time of life, it might be the perfect role for him.

All conjecture and as I said, more than likely just nostalgic wishful thinking on my part.

'Steering' and from a semi abstract way, IE not on the touch line as I think you suggest is not, imo, gonna cut it with the fans simply because it will not be enough.

I would suggest that the reflection by Holden over the weekend certainly points towards a much more hands on type of person coming in. Upstairs steering roles need little or no reflection time for Holden, surely?

1 hour ago, Superjack said:

Sadly I think the time has now passed for any level of 'gravitas' to which you refer.

Although I take your well made points.

If it is to be Holden though, someone of Joe's experience is what may balance the scales. It wouldn't have to be that 'hands on', just a wise head to help steer. At his time of life, it might be the perfect role for him.

All conjecture and as I said, more than likely just nostalgic wishful thinking on my part.

Definitely nostalgic and a great possibility. If this did pan out then every one on here would show immediate support by the decision 

4 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I certainly would... But it's not enough is it. If it was Lee J or Lowe with Joe upstairs then probably a decent level of knowledge. Dean plus Joe still feels incredibly light weight. 

It’s still better than DH on his own of which most believe is going to occur. My fingers, toes and nuts are crossed a big name will be announced as head coach tomorrow and DH will be the assistant. I respect DH but not the correct decision as expectations are so high on the future of the club.

1 hour ago, City oz said:

Definitely nostalgic and a great possibility. If this did pan out then every one on here would show immediate support by the decision 

Wtf....we're back to the ridiculous nostalgia of having ex players back as coaching staff.

I certainly wouldn't be supportiing having Joe Jordan as DOF... there are much better candidates out there.

16 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Wtf....we're back to the ridiculous nostalgia of having ex players back as coaching staff.

I certainly wouldn't be supportiing having Joe Jordan as DOF... there are much better candidates out there.

I’m glad someone has finally said it. Joe Jordan FFS 

bloke has been out the game for to long and is about 100

2 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

He’s only 7 years older than Hughton, and was assistant manager at Boro up until 3 years ago ... obviously has bags of experience at all levels as both a player and a manager - he’s way younger than Warnock, Hodgson and Sir Alex - too early to put him out to grass in my opinion ...

2 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He’s only 7 years older than Hughton, and was assistant manager at Boro up until 3 years ago ... obviously has bags of experience at all levels as both a player and a manager - he’s way younger than Warnock, Hodgson and Sir Alex - too early to put him out to grass in my opinion ...

Yep, and still scouts too.

1 minute ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

With Gregor MacGregor being completely wrong about Korey Smith it makes you think if he actually knows anything to do with the new manager,

needed Korey to actually come out on his Instagram and state the reports are false

gives us abit of Hope I suppose

Might stick a cheeky 10er on Sarri I recon he likes a cider or 2.

11 hours ago, Superjack said:

Having seen JJ in Clifton last week you wouldn't think he was 68 - looks lean and fit as a fiddle.

We could do a hell of a lot worse than getting him involved imo.

Archived