IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, havanatopia said:

Twentyman sounds as gobsmacked as all of us.. bewildered actually. ?

Dean sounds very nervous, unsurprisingly.. he's coming out fighting. Good luck to him and as others say he is really going to need it.

Dean sounds like a genuine, nice guy. I like him a lot. But it's still a tinpot appointment for a club of our ambition. 

Utterly deflated. Listening to him answering GT's questions...he sounds nice enough, but amateur night. 

Simply not a serious appointment. Can't be bothered to waste too much time worrying how it will work out. 

Good luck Dean, you'll need it. 

Decision made. Although utterly underwhelmed I will wait and see how Deano does.

My hunch is:

1) No proven manager would accept the restrictions/limitations required. 

2) DH is considered the best option, right now, given nobody else would accept the post or those who would didn’t tick our boxes.

3) He will be given x months, which will indicate if he has what it takes or not.

4) The x months buys time to seek out a replacement. 

Worse case scenario - he fails spectacularly and in x months we are in dire trouble and staring at relegation.

Best case scenario - he succeeds spectacularly and proves he is a quality head coach and we are all delighted to have witnessed his success.

Only time will tell.

Lets be honest, we are a small time outfit with no ambition.  Teams like Wigan, Sunderland and Pompey will be back in the Prem before we ever get there!!

Ashton and co can do one, i stopped buying the Bristol Sport Crap years back and haven't stepped foot in Ashton Gate for 2 years. 

1 minute ago, Jerseybean said:

Decision made. Although utterly underwhelmed I will wait and see how Deano does.

My hunch is:

1) No proven manager would accept the restrictions/limitations required. 

2) DH is considered the best option, right now, given nobody else would accept the post or those who would didn’t tick our boxes.

3) He will be given x months, which will indicate if he has what it takes or not.

4) The x months buys time to seek out a replacement. 

Worse case scenario - he fails spectacularly and in x months we are in dire trouble and staring at relegation.

Best case scenario - he succeeds spectacularly and proves he is a quality head coach and we are all delighted to have witnessed his success.

Only time will tell.

Listening to Holden on Sound of the City he gives the impression he wasn’t first choice, he kept mentioning ‘ego’. Thought he spoke well 

Archived