IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

I really really hope Dean proves me wrong because he genuinely sounds like a great guy. I’ve got no doubt he’ll do everything he can to make this a success. 

I just have a nagging feeling it’s going to go badly wrong..

Is it wrong that I actually want it to be a truly epic disaster to give the Lansdown’s the boot up the ******* backside they need to stop making the same mistakes, time after time? 

To make THIS appointment at THIS stage of our recent development is just absolutely mind boggling to me. 

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

In these times I think it is.

And what I saw from him in charge I was quite impressed.

So yes I think it is a pretty sensible move. Hoping it's a 12 month contract with year or 2 year option for club.

Impressed with his 5 games in charge? We beat 2 shite teams in Hull and Middlesbrough, got dominated by stoke, never looked like doing anything against Swansea and the Preston game was a typical, mid-table, dour, end of season affair.

What impressed you?

just admit you’re on the wind up! 

Well that’s that then.

Not going to hide that I’m unsure and not exhilarated by this but obviously hope that he knocks it out the park.

Looking for silver linings; two successful England youth managers in as assistants, I hope we see a lot more young lads in the first team picture - would prefer the likes of Joe Bryan seeing success in our colours moving forwards.

Come on, Dean; show us what you can do. 

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

Is it wrong that I actually want it to be a truly epic disaster to give the Lansdown’s the boot up the ******* backside they need to stop making the same mistakes, time after time? 

To make THIS appointment at THIS stage of our recent development is just absolutely mind boggling to me. 

This coming from you kind of says it all. And that isnt meant as an insult. I'd class you as one of the more positive posters on here, and not one to get frustrated too easily. 

And I agree. A small part of me wants it to go completely tits up to teach the two clowns a lesson.

They wont learn though. Too arrogant.

5 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

This coming from you kind of says it all. And that isnt meant as an insult. I'd class you as one of the more positive posters on here, and not one to get frustrated too easily. 

And I agree. A small part of me wants it to go completely tits up to teach the two clowns a lesson.

They wont learn though. Too arrogant.

Yep, I feel absolutely sucker punched by the whole thing. I’ve genuinely never felt so disappointed in the club. 

Lansdown wanted a fresh face with fresh ideals to take on to the next step of the promised land

Think he's failed in my opinion, think we all knew it would be the easy option of appointing Dean, waste of time sacking Lee, truly hope I,m wrong but think it's going to be a struggle and I now lost my love of the club and will not be renewing my season tickets

People saying they were impressed with his 5 games in charge, beat 2 relegation contenders, drew 1 and lost 2, not that impressive

Feel free to slate me but am very down knowing we could have had a manager like CH or even PC and have ended up with DH, just feels like the club has no ambition and we have been ripped off again

\Thought Holden came over very well in his 20man interview. Straight talking Manchester lad. I hope he does what he says and plays good football . I'm happy in the Championship it's a great League and we are nearer the bottom than the top in size of club. If I was to choose from guaranteed Championship football for the next few years or 50/50 we will be either promoted or relegated next season I'd take the Championship every time. If we compete and play well more often than not I will be happy.

I wish Holden all the best. Wish him luck... 

...Think he'll need it!

I like what he said, spoke well. I think he needs to tweak somewhat his shape- Weimann and Wells could partner in the 3-5-2, up front that is.

Not very inspiring however. Let's see how it goes...saw some positive signs in those 5 games but I fear he won't build on them. 

I think I'm in a bit of a state of shock tbh! Disbelieving.

2 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Ashton's expectations of Holden - in interview with Geoff  - expecting to be challenging for promotion - but if not that does't mean he'll be sacked. 

"there is no target for his job.'

Read into that what you will...

Blimey, must ask my boss if I can forget my targets.

I suspect there is a target and that is to do what Ashton tells him and don't answer back. Oh, and to take all the flak that Ashton should be getting, so two targets then.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

That's smart. 

I wish him all the best, not least as a successful City is what we all want, but I wonder if we are looking to give Holden the job as a safe pair of hands and then go for a bigger name in summer 2021?

Too optimistic a take?

I honestly don’t know Mr P . All smacks of desperation to me 

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

That's smart. 

I wish him all the best, not least as a successful City is what we all want, but I wonder if we are looking to give Holden the job as a safe pair of hands and then go for a bigger name in summer 2021?

Too optimistic a take?

Yes, too optimistic. Ashton would never appoint someone who won't bend the need to him.

6 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

A whole host of players liking the club's post resgarding the appointment. It's time for those players to pull their fingers out of their backsides and perform how they should be able to. 

Yep. If he's as popular with them as we're led to believe then they've got no excuse for not putting a shift in.

I'm confident we'll see more exciting football this season.

I'm confident we'll see some very good youngsters getting a chance, which I love to see.

I'm also confident we won't be in the Prem in a years time but I'll accept the 1st two. Just hope I can be there to see at least some of it.

Johnson was relatively unpopular from the off following on from his playing days when there was more than a whiff of suspicion that he wasn’t a particularly gifted player in a relatively talented squad, but was still automatically on the team sheet due to nepotism. Plus the fact that he had a very modest managerial CV.

Fast forward 4.5 years and we appoint a bloke who is virtually universally unpopular given his inextricable part in the previous regime, the suspicion he was the cheap and cheerful option, the powers-that-be faffed around for five weeks only to make an in-house appointment, and he has an even less prestigious managerial track record.

Holden had his chance in the last few games of the season to demonstrate he was capable of doing the job full-time, and fell far short of showing anything of the sort. There were about a zillion names bandied around since LJ slung his hook and this rigmarole has carried on, and every single one of them would likely have been preferable to the man they plumped for.

Nothing personal against the bloke, of course - the ire and frustration is solely directed at the club for the latest in a series of stupefying decisions.

7 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I honestly don’t know Mr P . All smacks of desperation to me 

Yeah, I know what you mean. Makes two of us, none of this makes any sense if we want manager to take us forward- am just thinking of any number of names who are more credible. 

Hoping there's some kind of masterplan however.

I think 14 players only in contract next summer. Holden keeps us steady, finances of football start to rebuild over next 12 months. 

This would give a new manager a relatively blank canvas to work with and I mean a more experienced, strong candidate.

Lots of wages off the books, one or two maybe sold this year and some maybe renewed but a fairly clean slate!

Archived