IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm so unreasonably angry about all this. 

UNPROVEN is the word.

Lee Johnson was sacked because he couldn't get us in to the top six. What the **** is Steve Lansdown smoking if he thinks that Dean Holden, a man who has never held a managerial position except for Oldham ******* Athletic, is going to be able to take us up??? I'm sick of having my hopes and dreams played with by billionaires, middle managers and smarmy *****. 

Just now, bcfcnick said:

Excellent news.  Happy to see a head coach appointed who has an inclination to play attacking football rather than CH whose instinct for dour, pragmatic defensive football led to the majority of both Brighton and Norwich fans being delighted to see him depart. 

Some might argue that we would get an early opportunity of premiership football with Hughton but without a big budget and being allowed to rip up the current squad I don't think we would.   I hope fans give Dean a chance of 10 to 15 games before passing judgement as I suspect we will see some decent football and good results.  

Well 15 games doubles his experience as a manager at least.

Season ticket holder for over 20 years - I’m done with this club. There are more important things in life than following a tin pot club run by control freaks. Forget the Prem - start looking downwards.
I actually feel sick at this news - our worst appointment ever & we have made some bad ones in the past.

Oh & why is this news coming from the local rag & not the club itself? Suggests a boardroom split of some kind.

1 minute ago, bcfcnick said:

Excellent news.  Happy to see a head coach appointed who has an inclination to play attacking football rather than CH whose instinct for dour, pragmatic defensive football led to the majority of both Brighton and Norwich fans being delighted to see him depart. 

Some might argue that we would get an early opportunity of premiership football with Hughton but without a big budget and being allowed to rip up the current squad I don't think we would.   I hope fans give Dean a chance of 10 to 15 games before passing judgement as I suspect we will see some decent football and good results.  

Rip up the current squad ??

My heart bleeds for the underperforming, bloated squad we have amassed!

Please don’t rip it up !!

Hold on to your hat.

4 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

And?? He just had to go didn't he. And we've replaced him with someone on less wages and also cut backroom staff. Why don't people get this? 

You think it was free to sack LJ and JMC? I reckon it cost us a fair whack!

Just now, Cardy said:

Season ticket holder for over 20 years - I’m done with this club. There are more important things in life than following a tin pot club run by control freaks. Forget the Prem - start looking downwards.
I actually feel sick at this news - our worst appointment ever & we have made some bad ones in the past.

Up the City!

4 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

He isn't being forced to accept it and he should look at the anger from most of us and turn it down

Very easy to say but nobody knows the ambition he has got... he applied, probably didn’t think he would get it so what your saying is he should read this forum put his ambitions aside and turn it down?

if he takes it good on him, as I said I will support him... that’s not to say I am disappointed but it is a line in the sand now and we move on and hopefully forward

1 minute ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I get the disappointment. Many of us are disappointed.  I get that based on records many would not see Holden as a better coach than Hughton, but who exactly has lied. 

lansdown saying we needed a fresh face to take us to the next level how is holden a fresh face?

Just now, OldlandReddies said:

If you lost all income coming in what would you do........start spending more money on designer clothes or use what you already have in your wardrobe? I'm disappointed but I can fully understand why we have had to appoint Deano 

Im sorry but the covid excuse doesn't wash with me. They ALL knew the financial implications before they pulled the trigger on LJ. 

Would that be the same Brighton who came runners up and was second highest goal scorers?

1 minute ago, daored said:

Please Ashton & Lansdown never talk of us being an ambitious club with the intention of making the premier league. We simply aren’t - cut the bullshit , cut the spin we have no ambition 

Said sold 12k season tickets before shutdown , out of what 15k last year , can’t imagine anyone else will bother now ( very different if Hughton got it ) and lots of the 12k wanting a refund , absolute shit storm coming 

Arrogant controlling bastards 

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Anyone else looking forward to the explanation? Could be absolute gold.

Im looking foward to going down to AG tommorow and ******* protesting. **** the bedsheets these liars need to physically see fan’s that they have ****** over!

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Absolutely.

They are going to be inundated with requests to cancel STs.

As it is highly unlikely we will be able to attend from the beginning of the new season many are going to explore that option, I think.

I contacted supporters services today, they say no refunds, under t/cs

10 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Chris Hughton vs Dean Holden...and Lansdown chooses Holden.

Meets none of the criteria outlined at the start of the process.

Just not a serious appointment. Heaven help us.

There are better things in life than this shambles.

For someone thats not an egotistical maniac the choice is obvious. 

Unfortunately we have people higher up that are well suited to being egotistical maniacs. One bizarre management appointment to many for me to believe otherwise now. 

2 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

If you lost all income coming in what would you do........start spending more money on designer clothes or use what you already have in your wardrobe? I'm disappointed but I can fully understand why we have had to appoint Deano 

I wouldn’t go on National radio and chat bollocks 

Archived