IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I’ve posted a few times my thoughts on this complete farce however I feel compelled to point to another issue

ignoring all the obvious issues of Holden being completely unqualified for a job like this (please don’t quote uefa badges at me) it also feels like a complete set up in that two thirds of the failed experiment have been dumped yet he will get a promotion.

This is just my conclusion drawn from the outside but is it possible Holden is a bit of a snake and this is more than a simple yes man scenario but in fact the ultimate corporate suck up that so many of us have to endure in our normal working lives?

6 weeks in and I fail to see how he could have come out on top of the list of managers being banded about. If this news is true he’s an easy choice. 

I hope he proves us all wrong but there’s not many fans that see this as an ambitious appointment 

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

Please don’t fall into the trap of accepting this bullshit appointment if it happens 

This appointment is nothing more then an insult to every one of us. Every season we get the same old bullshit promises, things don’t work out and we put it down to misfortune and hope for better next season

This will be the first time they have just blatantly lied to us all. The fans shouldn’t just roll over and accept it, and if we do it just proves how weak and tepid our  support has become over the last few years 

Im still holding at at the fact it’s a rumour....but if we appoint Holden, then **** Lansdown 

Accept your views, I will accept what I want.... strange times, significant revenue lost for the foreseeable future, I am disappointed with the decision after a farcical 5 weeks but it’s not holdens fault....and if this is true and he accepts I support the club and dean... he is gonna need all the support he gets.

i understand you and many will be angry but what do you do

1 minute ago, OldlandReddies said:

Clearly other candidates were not prepared to take a salary drop. The player salary cap announcement is imminent as well so that will have a big impact. Maybe the full financial implications were not known until recently? We and most other clubs are right in the shit now because of Covid. This is simply about survival until the virus goes and we get back to full stadiums 

Appreciate your opinion but don’t buy the financial side of it. Doing this all over again in 5 months if Dean does not work out, and even worse a drop to the 3rd tier (can’t be ruled out, where are the new players coming from if we can’t afford an external managerial appointment) alongside the complete negativity from the consumer (fans on this occasion) is actually more damaging financially than paying a salary for a manager that could push us on and also ignite the imagination of a fan base who were primed for it.

If finances are so tight that we can’t afford £1-1.5m a year for a proven and successful manager then we are in a very dire state, it maybe also goes without saying that if that’s the case, there’s a few places towards the top of the club where we could trim some pretty healthy salaries to support probably the most important position in the club.

17 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Nah. He won’t last a season

You don't know that though, do you..?! 

You may be right - but you may not be..! 

So how about getting behind him, in the hope that he might actually turn out well..?! 

Or, maybe, even just give him a chance..?!! 

6 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Clearly other candidates were not prepared to take a salary drop. The player salary cap announcement is imminent as well so that will have a big impact. Maybe the full financial implications were not known until recently? We and most other clubs are right in the shit now because of Covid. This is simply about survival until the virus goes and we get back to full stadiums 

Except we won’t be anything like “filling” our stadium unless Dean hits the ground running......

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

No they lied to us again

They treat us with contempt and expect us to lap it up

Im through with them I want them out of my club

This is from a happy clapper

Absolutely correct.

These past 5+ weeks have shown me what an absolute disgrace the people running the club really are.

They dont give a shit about the fans. Its not just the appointing Holden. Its the silence. Using the media to try and "soften the blow", its the ******* lies. Lies and lies. 

The corporate s*******n that is BS. The ego maniac Ashton. 

It helped me realise thats whats been going on for a long time imo.

The ownership is appaling. It is jobs for the boys. People need to realise that now. Theres a reason Lansdown could not wait to get shot of Cotterill. 

Im angry as ****. And ive lost ALL enthusiasm for football. 

1 minute ago, Andrew_V1 said:

I’ve posted a few times my thoughts on this complete farce however I feel compelled to point to another issue

ignoring all the obvious issues of Holden being completely unqualified for a job like this (please don’t quote uefa badges at me) it also feels like a complete set up in that two thirds of the failed experiment have been dumped yet he will get a promotion.

This is just my conclusion drawn from the outside but is it possible Holden is a bit of a snake and this is more than a simple yes man scenario but in fact the ultimate corporate suck up that so many of us have to endure in our normal working lives?

What complete farce?  Please restrict your answer to KNOWN FACTS.

1 minute ago, Redpool said:

No, because you’re happy to swallow the same constant shit without putting your foot down and standing up to the owners.

I hope every other ST vents their frustration trying to earn a refund, and ticket sales drop. The club deserves nothing from its customer base. 

Perhaps some people aren’t ‘happy to swallow the same constant shit’ but still want to support the club they love instead of asking for refunds when we’re actually in a much better position than we were even 6 years ago. 

Obviously nearly everyone is disappointed by the appointment, but that doesn’t mean people can’t still support the team

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

You don't know that though, do you..?! 

You may be right - but you may not be..! 

So how about getting behind him, in the hope that he might actually turn out well..?! 

Or, maybe, even just give him a chance..?!! 

Good luck to the guy. He will need it as he is being hung out to dry . He is not qualified, nor is he ready for the job.

7 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Please don’t fall into the trap of accepting this bullshit appointment if it happens 

This appointment is nothing more then an insult to every one of us. Every season we get the same old bullshit promises, things don’t work out and we put it down to misfortune and hope for better next season

This will be the first time they have just blatantly lied to us all. The fans shouldn’t just roll over and accept it, and if we do it just proves how weak and tepid our  support has become over the last few years 

Im still holding at at the fact it’s a rumour....but if we appoint Holden, then **** Lansdown 

You'd prefer someone with a proven track record..? Someone who would guarantee us success..? 

Like.... Steve Coppell perhaps..?! 

Just now, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Actually. That really annoys me. If he wants the job, take it. Don’t take a weekend to decide over a gift horse of a job that’s way above your station and experience.

That is exactly why he wants to take the weekend!

1 minute ago, Atticus said:

Absolutely correct.

These past 5+ weeks have shown me what an absolute disgrace the people running the club really are.

They dont give a shit about the fans. Its not just the appointing Holden. Its the silence. Using the media to try and "soften the blow", its the ******* lies. Lies and lies. 

The corporate s*******n that is BS. The ego maniac Ashton. 

It helped me realise thats whats been going on for a long time imo.

The ownership is appaling. It is jobs for the boys. People need to realise that now. Theres a reason Lansdown could not wait to get shot of Cotterill. 

Im angry as ****. And ive lost ALL enthusiasm for football. 

Ha ha ha ha ha. Not a single thing is known with any certainty, yet on the basis of rumours from the local rag, you’re all going apesh*t.  What a ****ing joke.  The only absolute disgrace is this forum.

Archived