IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi,

I am at the point of not caring who our next manager, just cannot work out why the announcement has not been made yet.

Whilst I am not at the stage of 'melting my season card', I just want the focus to change to making any transfers or selling players with an actual man in charge.

If the new manager can muster up a bit more attacking football and get the players playing for the cause, I will be a lot happier than the last 2 seasons under Lee Johnson.

I will give the new man in charge some time to settle and set up his style of play and get his own identity on the squad. Who knows if the new manager is Holden, I was quite happy with the style of play towards the end of last season.

Maybe, Johnson and MacAllister was part of the problem?, who knows? 

They did both play together and were 'one of the boys' in that situation, I will be just glad that whoever in charge with be looking at things with a different set of eyes as Holden would have been Johnson's 'yes man' as assistant manager, despite maybe he having his own ideas.

History will possibly 'repeat itself' at here instead of Oldham Athletic, with Holden again taking over from Lee Johnson. Not sure how that in general panned out in that case and what to expect (Maybe any Oldham visiting fan could possibly enlighten us).#

I would have hoped for a 'hollywood manager' in Hughton, but there is no guarantees that would prove as much as a success as appointing Dean Holden, only time could tell.

So, all I really want is the club to 'get back to business', as delays will put us firmly on the back foot for 2020/21 Season.

Hopefully then we can concentrate on the season ahead.

5 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

That will not happen. He is in a win win situation. Take the job massive pay rise. He does well then all is good. He fails gets the sack and he walks away with pay off. He is financially much better off and has good experience at our expense. All is good for him.

As my mate said, he shouldn't get a massive pay rise............he's got a job,he could be out of one !

5 hours ago, 42nite said:

This is what happens when all your favoured candidates don't like the working conditions stipulated, and start to drop out.

You then work your way down the list until you find someone who does/will accept your conditions.

I still hold out hope that this isn't the case though.

This is exactly what happened imo 

There are several reasons he could turn it down. Having heard about the sort of money Gerrard and Hughton were being offered, he may feel disappointed at the low level of his offer and the length of his contract. He may feel he’s been set up as a “holding head coach” to see us through the financially difficult Covid period. 

5 hours ago, handsofclay said:

Why would a coach be sacked and then Holden be thinking about the position he has been offered, a position he applied for?

Unless he didn't apply for it ...

Maybe it's, "Take the Head Coach position or follow Jamie out of the door".

2 minutes ago, eric04 said:

There are several reasons he could turn it down. Having heard about the sort of money Gerrard and Hughton were being offered, he may feel disappointed at the low level of his offer and the length of his contract. He may feel he’s been set up as a “holding head coach” to see us through the financially difficult Covid period. 

With the greatest respect he can’t demand the same salary as Gerrard or Hughton

19 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

That will not happen. He is in a win win situation. Take the job massive pay rise. He does well then all is good. He fails gets the sack and he walks away with pay off. He is financially much better off and has good experience at our expense. All is good for him.

Believe it or not Red, it's not all about money with some people.

Some people will look at the role, their line manager, the fans reactions, the stress levels, impact on family etc

6 minutes ago, daored said:

With the greatest respect he can’t demand the same salary as Gerrard or Hughton

With the greatest respect, what has Gerrard done in the managerial game to deserve a high paying job?? I know he is a name but when you boil it down DH has more coaching experience which should give you a better understanding of the managerial role than Gerrard has.

1 minute ago, collier said:

With the greatest respect, what has Gerrard done in the managerial game to deserve a high paying job?? I know he is a name but when you boil it down DH has more coaching experience which should give you a better understanding of the managerial role than Gerrard has.

He doesn’t but he brings in media interest and generates interest in the club. 

6 minutes ago, collier said:

If you were a player looking to sign for the club who would you rather play for England international champions League winner Steven Gerrard or ex Bolton player Dean Holden... If anyone honestly says Dean then your a filthy liar... ??

1 minute ago, keflav said:

If you were a player looking to sign for the club who would you rather play for England international champions League winner Steven Gerrard or ex Bolton player Dean Holden... If anyone honestly says Dean then your a filthy liar... ??

Knowing how players act I would say whichever one pays them the most money. Most don't really care about anything else

38 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Do not take it as a given that he will accept the role. He has a very close knit family that live in the north, as assistant he could still spend lots of time with them, as head honcho he may not be able to

49 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Maybe there is no pay rise and that’s why he needs the weekend to consider the offer. J Mac binned off to save more money and we go forward with only one coach

We should’ve just gone for some random, cheap, experienced bloke from Germany. If it is (was) Hughton he comes in with massive fan expectation that would be hard to live up to. Meanwhile, Dean comes in with zero fan expectation that will be hard for him to overcome. The club has absolutely bollocksed this up to an insane degree. 

Random cheap fella with a good record from Germany wouldn’t have any stigma or anything attached and could simply do his job. Instead, we’re a circus act. 

25 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Do not take it as a given that he will accept the role. He has a very close knit family that live in the north, as assistant he could still spend lots of time with them, as head honcho he may not be able to

Definitely this.

when you suffer the kind of heartache he and his family have then family must come first.

However he did apply, and presumably JM didn’t, and he will have seen the commitment LJ put into the job first hand.

Sometimes you need to be careful what you wish for, I hope he doesn’t take the job for his and his family’s sake.

50 minutes ago, keflav said:

Your right but my response was to someone regarding wages. Who a manager can sign has no bearing on what they earn. For the record neither of these 2 have done anywhere near enough to be manager of our club imo anyway.

1 hour ago, mozo said:

From where I'm standing it looks like Holden's first act as head coach was to bin off McAllister. That's a bold first roll of the dice and interesting to see who he brings in and his right hand man. The manager/assistant relationship is often a tight and long term bond. Fascinating to know who he picks.

I doubt that very much.  Ashton will have done that.  Was he the leak?

1 hour ago, eric04 said:

All possible.  I don’t think he will though.  I think it’s just that Gregor knows he’s been got it, but can’t go to press with it fully until club announce it.  The Macca stuff got out against the plan.

What other Championship club with Premier League aspirations would pick an inexperienced Assistant over Hughton. Well Bournemouth despite parachute payments have just done the same. Anyone know if the protesters are getting the bedsheets out down there or is it just us ? Wake up to the new reality in Football !

1 hour ago, 'Pack' It In said:

I would have hoped for a 'hollywood manager' in Hughton, but there is no guarantees that would prove as much as a success as appointing Dean Holden, only time could tell.

To be fair, I think Gerrard was the Hollywood manager. 
Hughton was probably more London’s West End. 
Cook maybe Bristol Old Vic. 
Holden, the Wardrobe Theatre down Old Market. 

2 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

What other Championship club with Premier League aspirations would pick an inexperienced Assistant over Hughton. Well Bournemouth despite parachute payments have just done the same. Anyone know if the protesters are getting the bedsheets out down there or is it just us ? Wake up to the new reality in Football !

Have a look at some of their forums if you think the fans there are delighted at that news. (spoiler alert: they aren't)

Nonetheless, Tindall comes with one advantage that Holden doesn't. He played for the club and has been there for years, so has a big portion of goodwill among supporters. He also had been an AM for 5 seasons in the Premier League.

10 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Have a look at some of their forums if you think the fans there are delighted at that news. (spoiler alert: they aren't)

Nonetheless, Tindall comes with one advantage that Holden doesn't. He played for the club and has been there for years, so has a big portion of goodwill among supporters. He also had been an AM for 5 seasons in the Premier League.

But also no great hints at marquee names and took a few days not 5 weeks and counting 

3 hours ago, daored said:

If there was anything in Gregor’s comments that weren’t  true the club would have issued a statement to confirm he hadn’t been offered the role. The fact they haven’t means what Gregor is reporting is correct. 

People have to accept that for whatever reason Dean Holden is the clubs choice to replace Lee Johnson. 

Why do you say people simply have to accept this?

Don't they have a right, and more importantly, a duty to challenge things they consider to be wrong and detrimental to their club?

If they are passive and compliant, those in control will become even more powerful, and do whatever they want, whenever they want.

If they can make themselves heard, and make the decison-makers aware of their anger and dissaproval, there is always a chance that things will change.

Archived