Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1,100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

still think mark and Steve will pull something out the bag and shut us all up 

Apart from it being confirmed Hughton is the main manager/head coach and Holden is the assistant I really don't think anything else would keep the fans happy

Edited by Ron Swanson
  • Robin 1
2 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

I’m glad someone has finally said it. Joe Jordan FFS 

bloke has been out the game for to long and is about 100

He’s only 7 years older than Hughton, and was assistant manager at Boro up until 3 years ago ... obviously has bags of experience at all levels as both a player and a manager - he’s way younger than Warnock, Hodgson and Sir Alex - too early to put him out to grass in my opinion ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

I’m glad someone has finally said it. Joe Jordan FFS 

bloke has been out the game for to long and is about 100

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He’s only 7 years older than Hughton, and was assistant manager at Boro up until 3 years ago ... obviously has bags of experience at all levels as both a player and a manager - he’s way younger than Warnock, Hodgson and Sir Alex - too early to put him out to grass in my opinion ...

Yep, and still scouts too.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1
1 minute ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

With Gregor MacGregor being completely wrong about Korey Smith it makes you think if he actually knows anything to do with the new manager,

needed Korey to actually come out on his Instagram and state the reports are false

gives us abit of Hope I suppose

Might stick a cheeky 10er on Sarri I recon he likes a cider or 2.

11 hours ago, Superjack said:

If it is true that the Post "journalist" has used the words "fairly exciting" with regard to someone coming in to assist Holden, I think that the most likely candidate would be Joe Jordan, who still lives locally, knows the club, loves the club and as far as I am aware is doing pretty much bugger all (stand to be corrected on the latter).

Having seen JJ in Clifton last week you wouldn't think he was 68 - looks lean and fit as a fiddle.

We could do a hell of a lot worse than getting him involved imo.

• Like 2
  • Robin 1
6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Having seen JJ in Clifton last week you wouldn't think he was 68 - looks lean and fit as a fiddle.

We could do a hell of a lot worse than getting him involved imo.

The Alby of his time, lean, fit as a butchers dog.  You wouldn’t go up for a header with now and not get some pointy bit of his body in your face.

• Like 1
On 07/08/2020 at 13:52, REDOXO said:

I thought four things

1 McGregor is right

2 McGregor is having his chain yanked

3 The club are trying to find out who is feeding McGregor

4 The club is trying to find out the reaction in advance to DHs appointment

The Korey Smith report is making me lean toward option 2 and or 3 

I may be reading this wrong but is this a club sponsor taking a public swipe at the way we are being run?

(Apologies if not the right place. Didn’t want to start a new thread but wasn’t sure where best to post)

edit. For clarity, this was posted in response to a tweet congratulating Amy Kingston winning some business award

06DC6082-AB5F-481A-99B3-9465E2306596.jpeg

Edited by Greedo
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Greedo said:

I may be reading this wrong but is this a club sponsor taking a public swipe at the way we are being run?

(Apologies if not the right place. Didn’t want to start a new thread but wasn’t sure where best to post)

Looks like it.

They had the shirt sponsorship terminated early so Dunder could come in.

4 minutes ago, Greedo said:

edit. For clarity, this was posted in response to a tweet congratulating Amy Kingston winning some business award

Sad thing is they are not wrong

Just now, Northern Red said:

Looks like it.

They had the shirt sponsorship terminated early so Dunder could come in.

Suppose they might still be feeling a bit sore over that, but to put that discontent out there publicly must say something. 

9 hours ago, City oz said:

It’s still better than DH on his own of which most believe is going to occur. My fingers, toes and nuts are crossed a big name will be announced as head coach tomorrow and DH will be the assistant. I respect DH but not the correct decision as expectations are so high on the future of the club.

It will not be DH on his own. 100%.

• Like 1