Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)


If we appoint Holden I will...   

1,100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Decision made. Although utterly underwhelmed I will wait and see how Deano does.

My hunch is:

1) No proven manager would accept the restrictions/limitations required. 

2) DH is considered the best option, right now, given nobody else would accept the post or those who would didn’t tick our boxes.

3) He will be given x months, which will indicate if he has what it takes or not.

4) The x months buys time to seek out a replacement. 

Worse case scenario - he fails spectacularly and in x months we are in dire trouble and staring at relegation.

Best case scenario - he succeeds spectacularly and proves he is a quality head coach and we are all delighted to have witnessed his success.

Only time will tell.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

Sensible you must be on the wind up 

In these times I think it is.

And what I saw from him in charge I was quite impressed.

So yes I think it is a pretty sensible move. Hoping it's a 12 month contract with year or 2 year option for club.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets be honest, we are a small time outfit with no ambition.  Teams like Wigan, Sunderland and Pompey will be back in the Prem before we ever get there!!

Ashton and co can do one, i stopped buying the Bristol Sport Crap years back and haven't stepped foot in Ashton Gate for 2 years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jerseybean said:

Decision made. Although utterly underwhelmed I will wait and see how Deano does.

My hunch is:

1) No proven manager would accept the restrictions/limitations required. 

2) DH is considered the best option, right now, given nobody else would accept the post or those who would didn’t tick our boxes.

3) He will be given x months, which will indicate if he has what it takes or not.

4) The x months buys time to seek out a replacement. 

Worse case scenario - he fails spectacularly and in x months we are in dire trouble and staring at relegation.

Best case scenario - he succeeds spectacularly and proves he is a quality head coach and we are all delighted to have witnessed his success.

Only time will tell.

 

 

 

 

Listening to Holden on Sound of the City he gives the impression he wasn’t first choice, he kept mentioning ‘ego’. Thought he spoke well 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

I really really hope Dean proves me wrong because he genuinely sounds like a great guy. I’ve got no doubt he’ll do everything he can to make this a success. 

I just have a nagging feeling it’s going to go badly wrong..

Is it wrong that I actually want it to be a truly epic disaster to give the Lansdown’s the boot up the ******* backside they need to stop making the same mistakes, time after time? 

To make THIS appointment at THIS stage of our recent development is just absolutely mind boggling to me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

In these times I think it is.

And what I saw from him in charge I was quite impressed.

So yes I think it is a pretty sensible move. Hoping it's a 12 month contract with year or 2 year option for club.

Impressed with what exactly

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

In these times I think it is.

And what I saw from him in charge I was quite impressed.

So yes I think it is a pretty sensible move. Hoping it's a 12 month contract with year or 2 year option for club.

Impressed with his 5 games in charge? We beat 2 shite teams in Hull and Middlesbrough, got dominated by stoke, never looked like doing anything against Swansea and the Preston game was a typical, mid-table, dour, end of season affair.

What impressed you?

just admit you’re on the wind up! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that’s that then.

Not going to hide that I’m unsure and not exhilarated by this but obviously hope that he knocks it out the park.

Looking for silver linings; two successful England youth managers in as assistants, I hope we see a lot more young lads in the first team picture - would prefer the likes of Joe Bryan seeing success in our colours moving forwards.

Come on, Dean; show us what you can do. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

Is it wrong that I actually want it to be a truly epic disaster to give the Lansdown’s the boot up the ******* backside they need to stop making the same mistakes, time after time? 

To make THIS appointment at THIS stage of our recent development is just absolutely mind boggling to me. 

This coming from you kind of says it all. And that isnt meant as an insult. I'd class you as one of the more positive posters on here, and not one to get frustrated too easily. 

And I agree. A small part of me wants it to go completely tits up to teach the two clowns a lesson.

They wont learn though. Too arrogant.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

This coming from you kind of says it all. And that isnt meant as an insult. I'd class you as one of the more positive posters on here, and not one to get frustrated too easily. 

And I agree. A small part of me wants it to go completely tits up to teach the two clowns a lesson.

They wont learn though. Too arrogant.

Yep, I feel absolutely sucker punched by the whole thing. I’ve genuinely never felt so disappointed in the club. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lansdown wanted a fresh face with fresh ideals to take on to the next step of the promised land

Think he's failed in my opinion, think we all knew it would be the easy option of appointing Dean, waste of time sacking Lee, truly hope I,m wrong but think it's going to be a struggle and I now lost my love of the club and will not be renewing my season tickets

People saying they were impressed with his 5 games in charge, beat 2 relegation contenders, drew 1 and lost 2, not that impressive

Feel free to slate me but am very down knowing we could have had a manager like CH or even PC and have ended up with DH, just feels like the club has no ambition and we have been ripped off again

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

Impressed with his 5 games in charge? We beat 2 shite teams in Hull and Middlesbrough, got dominated by stoke, never looked like doing anything against Swansea and the Preston game was a typical, mid-table, dour, end of season affair.

What impressed you?

just admit you’re on the wind up! 

No not at all on the wind up. What a waste of time that would be.

Thought there were things I liked in those games. He plays the right system, keeps a settled system and side.

Just needs to make a few changes. In midfield mainly. 

There's no easy games in the championship and an improved version of what we saw under Holden with better options, and I think we could do pretty well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...