IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Like most I will be very disappointed in the people at the top.

However. 

Dean is perfectly entitled to throw his hat into the ring.It would be a fantastic opportunity for him and I for one don't blame him for trying his luck as opportunities like this don't come along very often.

With that in mind I thought a thread to wish Dean well may be of interest to some if not many.There will be many threads were we can all vent our anger and let off steam.I will probably be on most of them!

So good luck Dean if you get the job.

Please use this thread as intended.Dean will surely get plenty of flack on other threads so please use them if you wish to.

COYR

Just now, Red Alert said:

So it does sound like someone is spinning something. 

They are, they always are. 

They were spinning when talking about “PL ambition”

They were spinning when They talked about “excellent candidates from around the world”

They were spinning when they talked about “getting someone to take us to the next level”. 

The only reason it hasn’t been announced yet is even MA cannot think how to spin this. 

Either, the money argument is a Red Herring, or

they should never have spun Gerrard/Hughton in the first place. They mutually exclude, at least one of them is wrong. 

6 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

Just because he's putting the cash in, it doesn't mean the board are fit for purpose!!!

If it's Holden, we are going backwards

Without his cash it wouldn't matter, we'd be bankrupt and wouldn't be in the Championship. Since Harry Dolman which owners/major shareholder, chairman and board have been better? Remember the one that took us to the old first division also took us to the brink of extinction. Perhaps you'd like the sometime Bros keyboardist back. 

I think Dean would be set up to fail. I dont dislike him at all, but he will have 'Little Lee'way from the fans if he doesn't hit the ground running. If we are looking for a cheap option Cook is proven to I work with what he's got. But if it is financial it seems odd with CH and Stevie G being approached. 

2 minutes ago, Slacker said:

However. 

Dean is perfectly entitled to throw his hat into the ring.It would be a fantastic opportunity for him and I for one don't blame him for trying his luck as opportunities like this don't come along very often.

With that in mind I thought a thread to wish Dean well may be of interest to some if not many.There will be many threads were we can all vent our anger and let off steam.I will probably be on most of them!

Please use this thread as intended.Dean will surely get plenty of flack on other threads so please use them if you wish to.

COYR

Nah.

where’s my refund 

1 minute ago, Mr Hankey said:

I get people saying “no blame to Holden” & “it’s not his fault” - that’s fair enough, but he knows exactly what he is walking in to. I won’t have any sympathy if it goes tits up.

It’s not about that though. Thousands of fans getting on Holden’s back if it goes wrong whilst the real decision makers smirk in the stands and get off Scot free is not going to help the club move forwards.

Lets hope that Dean hits the ground running if he’s given the job.

I don’t want him as Head Coach, but, if appointed, I hope the fans do not personally attack Dean. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US would take the job if it were offered, so, although he is not my choice, I will absolutely not attack him personally. (I reserve judgement on attacking his performance in future, should the need arise). 

39 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

That would be the Tinnion appointment that many lauded at the time, until when it didn't work out the know it alls said the club got it the wrong way around and that Tinnion should have been Millens deputy. The fact is no on here has a clue how Holden will go given a preseason and a free hand for the season. There is no formula that tells you whether an ex player, whether good, bad or indifferent, will become a good manager. You have to give someone an opportunity and take it from there. 

I appreciate that you are determined to be relentlessly positive, and I respect that although I find it baffling, but you don't have to rewrite history. SL was obliged to say 'judge me on Tinnion' in response to widespread scepticism that Tins was the man to replace Danny Wilson. Scepticism that proved fully warranted. The folk you brand club 'know-it-alls' might just know something.

Just now, Meh said:

Well done Dean you have given me the gift of Saturday afternoons at home with my family and savings of £100 per month I never imagined I would have literally a day ago. Thanks for that  ??

It’s not his fault, it’s the people that employed him. 

17 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Good shout. Dave head coach, Mr Pop as COO. Big Tone as chairman. 

Harry as head scout and Lrrrrr can run the academy. 

I'll handle the media department if you like. 

Just last week we were saying how bad the media department is. Now we are on the verge of appointing Dean Holden as HC. Difference a week can make hey? 

I do like that set up though

3 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Without his cash it wouldn't matter, we'd be bankrupt and wouldn't be in the Championship. Since Harry Dolman which owners/major shareholder, chairman and board have been better? Remember the one that took us to the old first division also took us to the brink of extinction. Perhaps you'd like the sometime Bros keyboardist back. 

We all appreciate the money that Steve Lansdown has pumped in. At the same time that doesn’t mean that people have to accept every decision he makes without question. People have a choice of whether to spend their hard earned money on football and if they think an owner has gone too far down the “it’s my plaything, take it or leave it route” they are entitled to vote with their feet which benefits nobody. As the recent games have shown football without fans is nothing.

8 minutes ago, Slacker said:

However. 

COYR

Nah **** em. They will have one less paying ‘customer’ if he gets the job.

Just now, Numero Uno said:

It’s not about that though. Thousands of fans getting on Holden’s back if it goes wrong whilst the real decision makers smirk in the stands and get off Scot free is not going to help the club move forwards.

Lets hope that Dean hits the ground running if he’s given the job.

They have been getting off scot free for years, simply because to some the owner is a demigod, that won’t change anytime soon. The future of the club in John Lansdown’s hands is a terrifying thought & this sort of decision is one we should get used to for the forseeable years.

Done all by devils advocate / reasons for Deano on other threads.

Ive met the bloke several times, he is a real gent.  He ain’t my no1, no2, etc candidate, and Ashton has got some huge explaining to do if he appoints him.

Not Dean’s fault.  Anger should be aimed at the board.

3 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

I don’t want him as Head Coach, but, if appointed, I hope the fans do not personally attack Dean. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US would take the job if it were offered, so, although he is not my choice, I will absolutely not attack him personally. (I reserve judgement on attacking his performance in future, should the need arise). 

Can I at least get the bed sheets ready for when we are at the wrong end of the table in December ?

Despite the outcry I don’t think I’ve really seen anyone having a pop at Dean. 
He did what we would all do, went for a promotion. On one hand it’s up to him to make a success of it, but the blame won’t just lie with him if it goes wrong. 

8 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

That you just don' know. We could of got an owner in who didn't spend as much as we have and we could be in europe now.

We could be in the same position we are in now.

We could be bankrupt and non league. We just don't know what would of happened with a different owner.

Archived