Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1,100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Dynamite Red said:

So Cook has been ruled out and looks to be a straight choice between Hughton and Holden. How anyone can come down on the side of Holden I will never know. 

Either Hughton, Holden, or Fowler will be walking out on the pitch today wearing a City Polo Shirt. Well that’s the way I see it. I hope I’m wrong on all these 3.

what would make my day is an European coach who probably talks German and has a beard, wears a cap finally does a lap of honor to day when he signs his contract 

3 minutes ago, soultrader said:

The 40-year-old former Bolton Wanderers defender is on a short family break this week holding up any official announcement currently, though that could be completed in the next days upon return.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bristol-city-leaning-towards-dean-4393484

Another wishy washy story with no definite news. 

18 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

That happened yesterday I think?

Someone said Murray has left twitter, I'm sure Tinnion also posted about leaving twitter soon last week 

Tinman changed his mind, unless he changed it back again 🥴

13 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I doubt we ever offered that.

It isn’t beyond the realms of possibility to think that Gerrard would expect a £30k wage with £1m promotion bonus which is basically £50k per week IF he got us promoted.

BCFC Blackwell. Come on mate i think you need to try and do a voting thing a bit more appropriate , how can people vote on gossip. I hope you are not a politician or some thing 

1 minute ago, Redrascal2 said:

Unfortunately it looks pretty certain to me. Holden away at the moment and will be announced when he is back from holiday. Just hope it is wrong.

If he has been given the job. It will be his first (probably last) Championship Head Coach / Manager role.  A massive job. Get your a$$ back home NOW!

Swanning around on holiday. There is loads of work to do. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, supercidered said:

If he has been given the job. It will be his first (probably last) Championship Head Coach / Manager role.  A massive job. Get your a$$ back home NOW!

Where is he staying on holiday? If he was in the mix he would not be on a holiday. Have you rented your caravan out to him at Brean down ?

• Confused 1
2 minutes ago, City oz said:

Where is he staying on holiday? If he was in the mix he would not be on a holiday. Have you rented your caravan out to him at Brean down ?

Guernsey?

Maybe SL does a sideline in AirBnB ?

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, supercidered said:

This is what is making me doubt the authenticity of this. His first major role, he would be cutting it short, desperate to get back & do media duties, plan for next season ect not enjoying a bit of sunshine.

I remember when Coppell took the job, but he wanted to have a little play around in Pattaya before fully taking over, that was pretty odd.

But i wouldn't put anything past City, so it really wouldn't surprise me. Just seems a bit odd that they would wait on him being on holiday.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

This is what is making me doubt the authenticity of this. His first major role, he would be cutting it short, desperate to get back & do media duties, plan for next season ect not enjoying a bit of sunshine.

I remember when Coppell took the job, but he wanted to have a little play around in Pattaya before fully taking over, that was pretty odd.

But i wouldn't put anything past City, so it really wouldn't surprise me. Just seems a bit odd that they would wait on him being on holiday.

I absolutely agree. There is so much to be done. You would think if you had the call to say you had been successful you would be straight on getting home.

He's probably in Spain though and would have to quarantine for 14 days. Not even that would surprise me.

35 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Why do I hear Hughton and Cook singing ‘ I am in the phone booth it’s the one across the hall ‘ ?

When they get the call it will be SL saying  “I Just Called to Say I Love You.............but I’m Torn Between Two Lovers. If I don’t choose you, Don’t Worry, Be Happy. 

51 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

That happened yesterday I think?

Someone said Murray has left twitter, I'm sure Tinnion also posted about leaving twitter soon last week 

Tinnion was joking about leaving Twitter when Tomlin pulled a goal back v Fulham - got a few bites 

Just now, Rossi the Robin said:

Tinnion was joking about leaving Twitter when Tomlin pulled a goal back v Fulham - got a few bites 

Ah I missed the correlation, as I didn't watch the game! I saw the tweet he did after the first game

• Robin 1
7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My opinion, perhaps you’re too easy to find negatives 🤷🏻‍♂️

I agree. I think if the manager had been Hughton and he had picked the exact team/tactics that Holden did we would mostLet be please and optimistic for the coming season. 

Unfortunately, anything Holden does will be deemed not good enough by many which means the job would be a poisoned chalice for him. 

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My opinion, perhaps you’re too easy to find negatives 🤷🏻‍♂️

Mr Fevs, I conversely found your summary to be grasping a bit too readily for positives, but hey we all see things differently. 

Just to pick your brains (because you always give good answers), which of the candidates or names on the betting would Stoke those fires of rage within you. Were there any that would really give you the hump?

If its Holden then IMO SL has decided the Prem is unaffordable. It will look like a "you never know what might happen" appointment. We may as well have stuck with Cotts and bounced between Championship and Div 1. At least the football was enjoyable most of the time. 

• Like 1

Regarding Gregor saying there are "2 candidates waiting by the phone"

Screenshot_20200805-115952.thumb.png.4b08a7822b56bd4d7b45a06bab53f521.png

Presumably the two candidates are Hughton and Holden, but perhaps seeing as Holden is on holiday maybe Gregor knows there is someone else waiting too?

Edited by YGBjammy

Has anyone considered that with Gregor's tweet about "sorting out the backroom staff" and Tins and Scotty removing themselves from Twitter, that maybe it could be Hughton coming in with a completely new backroom staff and Tins/Scotty may actually be on their way out? Would certainly explain why the appointment has taken so long, if they have had to negotiate with not only Hughton, but his new backroom staff, along with arranging settlements for the existing staff. Tins/Scotty may have been told to stay off Twitter for legal reasons too. Just a thought.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ashton Yate said:

Has anyone considered that with Gregor's tweet about "sorting out the backroom staff" and Tins and Scotty removing themselves from Twitter, that maybe it could be Hughton coming in with a completely new backroom staff and Tins/Scotty may actually be on their way out? Would certainly explain why the appointment has taken so long, if they have had to negotiate with not only Hughton, but his new backroom staff, along with arranging settlements for the existing staff. Tins/Scotty may have been told to stay off Twitter for legal reasons too. Just a thought.

I mean if that is the case as much as I like Tinman and Murray good on Hughton, about time the club avoided nepotism.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Ashton Yate said:

Tinnion didn't leave twitter, it's just Scott Murray who has left.

I would love this to be the reason though.

• Like 1

The more I think about it the more I'm convinced I'll be Holden.

This is a year unlike any other. Clubs simply can't splash cash or even budget for the next 12 months.

Holden knows the squad. Transfer activity this window is likely to be minimal. He will be prepared to work within the current structure.

12 month contract. See what happens next year.

I hope I'm wrong as we don't have a decent track record of success when promoting from within (Joe Jordan the exception I can recall) but given the global climate I can see the club protecting itself financially as much as possible.

1 minute ago, RedEd73 said:

The more I think about it the more I'm convinced I'll be Holden.

This is a year unlike any other. Clubs simply can't splash cash or even budget for the next 12 months.

Holden knows the squad. Transfer activity this window is likely to be minimal. He will be prepared to work within the current structure.

12 month contract. See what happens next year.

I hope I'm wrong as we don't have a decent track record of success when promoting from within (Joe Jordan the exception I can recall) but given the global climate I can see the club protecting itself financially as much as possible.

If we go down this route. I'm confident we will have a relegation battle on our hands. 

4 minutes ago, Redpool said:

If we go down this route. I'm confident we will have a relegation battle on our hands. 

Yes it's possible. But I expect us to be mid table next year irrespective as to who becomes head coach. 

• TomF changed the title to Dean Holden (Merged)