IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, soultrader said:

You're correct we do not know.   So maybe what you put forward happened?  And equally maybe it didn't.

I think the lack of transparency and communication has been poor.

Many have pointed out the conflcting comments from SL and what has since happened as cause for concern.  If you decide you "just have to have faith", that is your choice.  But equally others are entitled to ask questions where there looks to be a disconnect.

The statements from SL do not necessarily conflict with what I have been saying. They might to those fixated on a candidate like CH.

1 minute ago, soultrader said:

The longer this goes on.  The more I am starting to wonder if there is a power struggle/split at board level?

As surely it cant be that tricky to pick between two (quite different) candidates?

I'm sorry mate we don't have a Board, we have an owner

1 minute ago, Bat Fastard said:

We are trying to run a football club in a certain way, whereas old style managers might want to do things in a different way. It is probably daft to overturn the whole way the club is run and operates to accommodate the views of a fairly old manager, who will not last for many years but would leave behind the wreckage of his methods.  We are right to stick to the plan, which is, in my opinion, a good 'un.

So if they are sticking to the plan.  I assume you mean DH will be named coach?  Where in the plan does it state wait 5 weeks before announcing the new coach?  

That seems a rubbish plan?

Having reflected over the last few days I’ve come to the conclusion this absolute shambles isn’t surprising at all. Every single time we look like we are on the way to take the next step the lansdowns contrive to balls it up.

This all started with the fiasco that was the summer transfer window after cotterill delivered the best season in my lifetime completely ruining the momentum we had.

Then there was a few years ago where Johnson actually had us playing a great brand of football 2nd in January and then Ashton comes out with that utter tripe ‘we done need to go up this year’ and we sign Diony, falter to finish mid table and then sell all our best players, I suspect in part because they saw through the big talk for what it was...a pack of lies and they wanted to go to clubs with the desire to progress.

Now here we are the most attractive the club has ever been getting managers with proper track records stating their interest in taking the job and were here 5 weeks on treating it like a typical office job recruitment process and we apparently are keen on the cheap option that will jump when asked to.

I will probably come in for some criticism here but I just do not understand how anyone can accept or justify this charade and suggest that this board in their so called wisdom can say with any sincerity dean Holden is the best candidate and will take us to the next level.

2 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

The statements from SL do not necessarily conflict with what I have been saying. They might to those fixated on a candidate like CH.

Statements such as get a new man in asap to give them a head start in the role.

How is that not a conflict with what is going on?

I'm not fixated with CH.  I just cannot reconcile why if DH is such a great choice, it takes 5 weeks to announce him?

1 minute ago, soultrader said:

So if they are sticking to the plan.  I assume you mean DH will be named coach?  Where in the plan does it state wait 5 weeks before announcing the new coach?  

That seems a rubbish plan?

It is never a bad thing to check your plan using due process. This may have happened and they will hopefully have picked the best candidate for the job specification. If it is Dean Holden then he has won against tough competition.

Just now, Andrew_V1 said:

Having reflected over the last few days I’ve come to the conclusion this absolute shambles isn’t surprising at all. Every single time we look like we are on the way to take the next step the lansdowns contrive to balls it up.

This all started with the fiasco that was the summer transfer window after cotterill delivered the best season in my lifetime completely ruining the momentum we had.

Then there was a few years ago where Johnson actually had us playing a great brand of football 2nd in January and then Ashton comes out with that utter tripe ‘we done need to go up this year’ and we sign Diony, falter to finish mid table and then sell all our best players, I suspect in part because they saw through the big talk for what it was...a pack of lies and they wanted to go to clubs with the desire to progress.

Now here we are the most attractive the club has ever been getting managers with proper track records stating their interest in taking the job and were here 5 weeks on treating it like a typical office job recruitment process and we apparently are keen on the cheap option that will jump when asked to.

I will probably come in for some criticism here but I just do not understand how anyone can accept or justify this charade and suggest that this board in their so called wisdom can say with any sincerity dean Holden is the best candidate and will take us to the next level.

Excellent post. The true cock up was post promotion but the others apply. I feel like crying when I think about what happened in 2015

6 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

We are trying to run a football club in a certain way, whereas old style managers might want to do things in a different way. It is probably daft to overturn the whole way the club is run and operates to accommodate the views of a fairly old manager, who will not last for many years but would leave behind the wreckage of his methods.  We are right to stick to the plan, which is, in my opinion, a good 'un.

He’s 62 not 110. He could easily be here for 10 years.

I thought the plan was to get to the Premier League. Seems pretty obvious to me that you employ the best people to get you there.

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

So why do we think ANOTHER day has gone by without an announcement? If they’d settled on Holden surely they’d have done it by now?

I am going to cling to the pathetically naive hope that they have seen the reaction of the fanbase to the mere prospect of this appointment and had a rethink.

More likely that they're trying to work out how on earth they explain what's gone on over the last month without looking incompetent.

I don't see how they do it, although I'm sure Ashton will try.

Just now, Northern Red said:

More likely that they're trying to work out how on earth they explain what's gone on over the last month without looking incompetent.

Am I the only one who actually wants Holden now....just so we can see what Ashton has to say about it 

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Absolutely no way he can spin this for anyone other than the most blinkered of supporters. If we think what’s about to happens, happens, it’s the biggest car crash for the club in many years.

2 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

It is never a bad thing to check your plan using due process. This may have happened and they will hopefully have picked the best candidate for the job specification. If it is Dean Holden then he has won against tough competition.

You seem to use the words "Hope" and "Faith" a lot when talking about this.   If DH is clearly the best person for the role.  Then it should be simple for someone at the club to say, here is what we are looking for and here is where DH blows the competition out of the water.  
Again, that surely doesn't take 5 weeks.   It hasn't previously has it?   So I am sceptical that a 5 week interview is the plan.   And again what has happened differs from the expectations set by MA and SL.  That is why people are questioning the plan

6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I thought the plan was to get to the Premier League. Seems pretty obvious to me that you employ the best people to get you there.

62 is not at all old these days. I'm in my 40s feel the same as I did when 20 and people think I'm in my 30s.  Society really has to change it's attitudes to people in that age bracket because the ever more numerous aged population needs paying for. Given luck with health I have no intention retiring mid-60s and I need to be given a fair crack at jobs.  Experience over 'youthful vigour' all day.

14 minutes ago, soultrader said:

The longer this goes on.  The more I am starting to wonder if there is a power struggle/split at board level?

As surely it cant be that tricky to pick between two (quite different) candidates?

I'm starting to think that too.  That being said I can't work out which of the 2 would go for Holden over Hughton.  

I would assume JL would win any argument by phoning up Dad and therefore he must be voting Holden with Ashton wanting to splash out on a big name, hence the links to Gerrard.

Ultimately we will see soon and I wouldn't be surprised to see the end of Ashton which will please many after all of this.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The selection is based upon the opinion of the board. I have faith they will choose the best candidate.

18 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

I'm not sure what you would class as "football people" they have both had many years or nearly a decade in running a football club.  I expect that they would be a great deal more experienced than virtually everyone on this forum. If we have to have confidence in them or the forum, then I choose them.

There’s a big difference in people understanding football and people running the club , the venkys at Blackburn have been there years doesn’t mean there football people.

4 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Absolutely no way he can spin this for anyone other than the most blinkered of supporters. If we think what’s about to happens, happens, it’s the biggest car crash for the club in many years.

Part of me would quite like them to appoint Holden now simply to see how the hell they try and spin it. There’s no way the board and Ashton can come out of this debacle looking good. 

Archived