IGNORED

If anyone still honestly believes

GrahamC

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Maybe the day SL would be willing to give up this privilege is the day he withdraws his money from the club.  I don’t find it at all surprising that the owner wants a close relationship with the CEO and Head Coach.  In any selection process, one of the most important , if not the most important, factor is fit.  Does the candidate fit the club?  If I was Lansdown I would be asking “Can I work with this person?”.  Surely the aim is to create a structure that works from top to bottom by appointing candidates who fit the overall plan and ethos?

Sorry, in what capacity is SL working with the coach or manager? He's not the Director of Football, he's not even the Chief Executive, he's the owner. He's made an investment in owning the club, the quality of his relationship with the manager should be entirely straightforward and cordial and not based upon access and influence to the matters the manager is experienced in.

If I work in any large privately owned organisation the investors/owners/shareholders have an interest in the members of the board for oversight and governance, they do not need access to tell day to day management their jobs. We're a £30m turnover business where the major shareholder insists on placing very accessible junior people in the most skilled role in the organisation

Why is that? Would he have ever done the same at Hargreaves Lansdown? I think we know the answer. In the past I would have been on the same side as you and endorsing the "structure that works top to bottom" and "fitting a plan". With LJ the plan was worth trying, but if we appoint Dean Holden, it will show it up as no ethos, just a very deliberate route to top down manipulation.

3 minutes ago, Olé said:

Sorry, in what capacity is SL working with the coach or manager? He's not the Director of Football, he's not even the Chief Executive, he's the owner. He's made an investment in owning the club, the quality of his relationship with the manager should be entirely straightforward and cordial and not based upon access and influence to the matters the manager is experienced in.

If I work in any large privately owned organisation the investors/owners/shareholders have an interest in the members of the board for oversight and governance, they do not need access to tell day to day management their jobs. We're a £30m turnover business where the major shareholder insists on placing very accessible junior people in the most skilled role in the organisation

Why is that? Would he have ever done the same at Hargreaves Lansdown? I think we know the answer. In the past I would have been on the same side as you and endorsing the "structure that works top to bottom" and "fitting a plan". With LJ the plan was worth trying, but if we appoint Dean Holden, it will show it up as no ethos, just a very deliberate route to top down manipulation.

It's worth remembering he made his name in partnership with someone else not on his own.  

This is very much his own show whereas at the Rugby club I sense more of a partnership / collaborative. 

19 hours ago, The Humble Realist said:

I'm amazed how many people defend the board /club regardless of what happens. 

Surely no body thought when we sacked LJ that Holden was the right man?

Isnt that view enough (at this moment in time ) to now be pretty annoyed at him getting the job?

I would expect him to be considered as a matter of courtesy if nothing else.

Why wouldn't people defend the board when the criticism is fueled by the assumptions, conspiracies and rantings of those who know no more about what is going on than the next man. If there was one iota of fact to what is being said then fair enough but sadly there isn't.

4 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

I can buy the concept that Lansdown wants control and that DH would allow that to continue. What I can't understand is how chasing Gerrard fits into that theory. 

Perhaps they think because he is somewhat young and inexperienced as manager they can manipulate him too. With the added benefit of much bigger exposure driving up merch and SC sales. 

Archived