IGNORED

Mark Ashton - Opinions

iamsober

I’m not saying he should go.....but this appointment will tell us a lot IMO about whether he genuinely wants the best for the club, or whether he wants to create the best situation for himself.

*The above is based on a absolutely nothing but my opinion and I could be completely barking up the wrong tree!!! 

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Not sure why Ashton would come in for flack.

If it is Holden, it smacks of another SL inspired Millen or Tinnion moment... 

as ceo he is in charge of the club and runs the business he will be interviewing on lansdowns behalf, if holden vets appoint its 100% mark ashton and if that's the case he needs to **** off 

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Not sure why Ashton would come in for flack.

If it is Holden, it smacks of another SL inspired Millen or Tinnion moment... 

Surely if it ends up being Holden after 5 weeks, that can only be a last-resort option having failed to reach agreement with any of our targets, rather than due to any sort of inspiration?

20 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

I hate Ashton making us millions of transfers we'd probably have sold for a pittance before 

Then make him finance director and put somebody with a decent footballing brain in his place.

He may be good at making money but he clearly knows nothing about how the footballl side of a club should be run. 

To be honest it's embarrassing.

I don’t buy into Mark Ashton being the reason we got so much money for a few players. 

Webster, Kodjia & Kelly all had 2+ years on their contracts, it was going to take silly money to let them go. The money knocking about the premier league these days you can demand a lot more than previously.

Bryan went for a reasonable price, I wouldn’t say we got silly money for him.

Reid we did well to get £10m for off the back of one season though. 

2 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Then make him finance director and put somebody with a decent footballing brain in his place.

He may be good at making money but he clearly knows nothing about how the footballl side of a club should be run. 

To be honest it's embarrassing.

He's CEO, why would you put a football person in that role? 

So we have seen threads declaring every single member of the board and management either out or rubbish or useless...... and we are meant to be supporting the club.  Come on guys, we can do better than this! Get behind the club, owners, officers, management, players, catering and other staff and all connected with Bristol City.  Build up and not pull down.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Millen was terrible. I think he’s the worst manager I’ve seen here, especially in that season he got sacked. 

How long have you been watching us?

Pulis, Lennartsson & SOD were absolutely miles worse, to name but 3.

Archived