IGNORED

Mark Ashton - Opinions

iamsober

25 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Is it possible that this is one element of why this is taking so long - looking at tweaking the structure ?

Its been said many times on this forum that to get someone like Hughton in they will have to compromise and change the structure to accommodate him. 

I agree that MA has too much on his plate - he's a very competent CEO, but that has nothing to do with recruitment where you cannot compete just with data and analysis against a seasoned professional with an eye for a player.

They either keep it as it is and employ Holden or tweak it to employ Hughton or the like.

We'll find out soon.

Whoever takes over they may well be expected to play the up and coming stars and that may lead to a period of more erratic results.  Maybe the big ticket managers think that this would cost them a promotion bonus whereas DH knows the lads and knows what is expected from the specifications of the project that he has worked on for the last four years. 

I think the club are worried that without full capacity this season the majority of fans will be seeking a season ticket refund leaving the club in financial problems hence going for the cheap option for manager. Personally I would get rid of Mark Ashton who i feel has too much of a say in the day to day running of the club and must be one of the top earners at the club. I think its now time for JL to step up and take on the CEO role this would free some of the cash to get in a decent more established manager.  

I agree I think Ashton needs to go and we need a big push to get him out.  The lack of communication is a disgrace but also he as CEO is responsible for the interview/ appointment of a new manager and what a mess that is.

Also as Bristol Post has said everything is last minute.  Why have we not released the new kit yet?  Season ticket refunds we were the last club.

Ashton is the trouble and needs to be gone...

59 minutes ago, Nigelmalta said:

I agree I think Ashton needs to go and we need a big push to get him out.  The lack of communication is a disgrace but also he as CEO is responsible for the interview/ appointment of a new manager and what a mess that is.

Also as Bristol Post has said everything is last minute.  Why have we not released the new kit yet?  Season ticket refunds we were the last club.

Ashton is the trouble and needs to be gone...

We got rid of one bullshitter, 5 weeks ago, when it should have been two.

1 hour ago, westonred said:

I think the club are worried that without full capacity this season the majority of fans will be seeking a season ticket refund leaving the club in financial problems hence going for the cheap option for manager. Personally I would get rid of Mark Ashton who i feel has too much of a say in the day to day running of the club and must be one of the top earners at the club. I think its now time for JL to step up and take on the CEO role this would free some of the cash to get in a decent more established manager.  

Why do you think JL is in any way suitable to be the CEO, other than the obvious fact that his dad owns the club?

I think we can all agree that Dean Holden is pretty much the worst conclusion we could have reached after five long weeks, but the retweeting of positive Holden articles by both Wells and Pato are the final nail in the Johnson successor saga. 

But it’s important that we don’t blame Holden. None of us on here would turn down the chance of a bumper pay rise and the chance to manage our club - and deep down we know we’re not the best choice. 

This debacle is Mark Ashton’s fault and he should pay with his job. 

What a ******* disgrace, but at the same time, good luck Holden  

(secretly hoping this is all a charade to allow Paul Cook to see out a no working period)

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I think we can all agree that Dean Holden is pretty much the worst conclusion we could have reached after five long weeks, but the retweeting of positive Holden articles by both Wells and Pato are the final nail in the Johnson successor saga. 

But it’s important that we don’t blame Holden. None of us on here would turn down the chance of a bumper pay rise and the chance to manage our club - and deep down we know we’re not the best choice. 

This debacle is Mark Ashton’s fault and he should pay with his job. 

What a ******* disgrace, but at the same time, good luck Holden  

(secretly hoping this is all a charade to allow Paul Cook to see out a no working period)

Why Ashton ? The board make the final decision - this is made by the Lansdown family. Ashton May have a say in the appointment but will not make the final decision 

I’m cancelling my season ticket as soon as this appointment happens, clubs saw all the toxicity, as well  as how upset and angry all the fans are and still go with Holden just sums up how far out of sync they are with the fans 

Players stay comfy and we can expect mediocrity for another couple of seasons until he gets sacked

I like Dean Holden and best of luck to him . But when LJ left him and JM should of followed. IMO he should be nowhere near being our head coach. And unfortunately he will not get a fair opportunity. A couple of defeats and people will turn on him due to the anger and disappointment fans feel towards the board . What an absolute shambles this has been. And my trust for the board has completely gone . 

Good luck Dean Holden if you get the job because you certainly are going to need it

Why do you guys think that if DH is chosen that he is guaranteed to do a bad job?  Maybe the board see something that we don't and we should give the chap a fair chance and all our support, for what will be a challenging job.  As for jacking in the season ticket - well that is just plain silly when you don't know how it will all turn out. Try being a supporter!

I’m beginning to wonder - did I read the WBA CEO has retired? - that he may be off anyhow. 

That might explain the delays and explain some logic to the appointment of ‘in house’ Holden.

Now I’m really torn. Lose Ashton and appoint Holden, a good trade-off? 

Still a ‘no’ from me. ... but I maybe at least can begin to understand Steve’s dilemma, given his ethos of how the Club should develop.

2 minutes ago, RedRock said:

I’m beginning to wonder - did I read the WBA CEO has retired? - that he may be off anyhow. 

That might explain the delays and explain some logic to the appointment of ‘in house’ Holden.

Now I’m really torn. Lose Ashton and appoint Holden, a good trade-off? 

Still a ‘no’ from me. ... but I maybe at least can begin to understand Steve’s dilemma, given his ethos of how the Club should develop.

Ashton wants full control of everything and Dean Holden is his yes man until he gets sacked and another one comes in...

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

74CCEE3E-80F5-4114-AE2A-E3442B5C36C5.jpeg

Not denying foreign ownership works for some big clubs, but look at Hull, Portsmouth, Charlton, Cardiff, Coventry, Oldham and even Rovers for where a supposedly wealthy foreign owner, who doesn’t care one bit for the club can put them in a crap position. 

People often don’t realise how fortunate we are to have a billionaire fan in charge of the club, and how many sides would love to be in the position we are in. It’s not perfect, not by a long way, and there’s plenty that SL has got wrong. However, it’s obvious that he cares and wants the best for the club in the long run, so for @Fordy62 to tell him to ‘**** off’ on the back of a managerial appointment that hasn’t even happened is short sighted and ridiculous imo

6 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Not denying foreign ownership works for some big clubs, but look at Hull, Portsmouth, Charlton, Cardiff, Coventry, Oldham and even Rovers for where a supposedly wealthy foreign owner, who doesn’t care one bit for the club can put them in a crap position. 

People often don’t realise how fortunate we are to have a billionaire fan in charge of the club, and how many sides would love to be in the position we are in. It’s not perfect, not by a long way, and there’s plenty that SL has got wrong. However, it’s obvious that he cares and wants the best for the club in the long run, so for @Fordy62 to tell him to ‘**** off’ on the back of a managerial appointment that hasn’t even happened is short sighted and ridiculous imo

Yeah I know exactly the point you’re making and overall I agree.

Just was an easy putt!

8 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Hull's owner has lived in Hull for decades. He was the local hero for a while.

Whilst Steve holds all the cards its not unreasonable to berate him occasionally. We'll be here when he's gone.

12 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I love Steve Lansdown, I really do. But for such an intelligent man to do something as ridiculous as this is just incredible. I’ve never had cause to question him before, but if this happens, after all his previous manager appointments, then I’ll start to question him. 

7 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Nearly every Prem club is foreign owned.  40/50% of Champ clubs. I couldn’t give a rats arse whether the owner of our club comes from Bristol or Timbuktu quite frankly because when he makes appointments like DH despite yet again promising the Earth then you can quite clearly see he doesn’t ‘love the club’ quite as much as you think he does.  

Personally I’ve never got the impression that he does love City as a true fan - his comments about the fan base during the LJ saga a couple of years ago confirmed it for me - and that he just sees us as his way of leaving a legacy. All conjecture though. 

57 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Is that the same Cardiff, as in x2 promotions to the Premier League and an FA Cup final? The ones that play in that new stadium they got before us and is bigger than ours? 

Play offs again this season, that Cardiff?

What awful owners they must have

Archived