IGNORED

Mark Ashton - Opinions

iamsober

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Is that the same Cardiff, as in x2 promotions to the Premier League and an FA Cup final? The ones that play in that new stadium they got before us and is bigger than ours? 

Play offs again this season, that Cardiff?

What awful owners they must have

Stop speaking so much sense!!!

No doubt someone will counter this with "He changed their badge & home colours bla bla bla" - He may well have done, but after listening to the fans anger after a year he changed it back........would Lansdown go back on something like this if he changed our colours? I'm sure he changed the Rugby colours which didn't go down very well.....

13 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

Whoever takes over they may well be expected to play the up and coming stars and that may lead to a period of more erratic results.  Maybe the big ticket managers think that this would cost them a promotion bonus whereas DH knows the lads and knows what is expected from the specifications of the project that he has worked on for the last four years. 

Sounds like a great plan. After 4 years of erratic results we're in for even more erratic results! And to ensure that the plan is executed with maximum erraticness we're going to let a rookie coach take the lead. 

Project Erratic is full steam ahead!

Just now, mozo said:

Sounds like a great plan. After 4 years of erratic results we're in for even more erratic results! And to ensure that the plan is exited with maximum erraticness we're going to let a rookie coach take the lead. 

Project Erratic is full steam ahead!

Well that is what you think. If Dean Holden is selected he may have other ideas. Maybe we have been a trifle erratic because we have sold our best players in recent years. Clearly if we had kept them we would be promotion candidates. We are competing with clubs with parachute payments and much bigger followings - we have not done too badly, and we may well be surprised at how well Dean performs. Make with some positive waves.

39 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Is that the same Cardiff, as in x2 promotions to the Premier League and an FA Cup final? The ones that play in that new stadium they got before us and is bigger than ours? 

Play offs again this season, that Cardiff?

What awful owners they must have

At least our owners have not tried to change us from a team that plays in red to another colour!

3 hours ago, Calculus said:

Why do you think JL is in any way suitable to be the CEO, other than the obvious fact that his dad owns the club?

Well i don't think he's suitable for the chairmans job either TBH but his dad wants him at the club as his 'eyes and ears' so make him CEO and save money by dumping Ashton

4 hours ago, Calculus said:

Why do you think JL is in any way suitable to be the CEO, other than the obvious fact that his dad owns the club?

I’m hearing that JL is more heavily involved and influential than I thought. I thought it was a token appointment.  Appears not.

He was the one name LJ didn’t thank personally when sacked!

???

16 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Conspiracy Theory #17863:

Ashton got rid of Ayling

Why?

Having read the Watford article posted earlier (I’d read it some time ago too), it hasn’t dawned on me until now that Ashton sacked Ray Lewington as Watford boss.  So what you may ask?  Lewington is Ayling’s uncle is what.  Did Ayling have Ashton’s cards marked from day 1 and possibly vice versa.

Also saw this:

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/4698518.former-ceo-mark-ashton-withdraws-300000-claim-against-watford-and-will-pay-part-of-the-clubs-costs/

When you look at some of those comments from Watford fans, it’s amazing the bloke is so trusted by SL. 

I remember when he joined, the spiel was that Ashton had overseen the project that enabled us to achieve Cat 2 EPPP. 
Funnily enough, I saw on social media today that the ACTUAL PERSON who was responsible for that has shared the 7-year memory. 
Amy Kington was the brains and the driven personality behind the Academy status, but somehow, and I really don’t know how, Ashton is acclaimed for it. Crazy really. 

CE4DC7BB-A849-4B03-BAFC-7FC9C6D84841.jpeg

4 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Fair enough, and saying that is Sheik Mansour did want to buy us I wouldn’t say no!

If you have any moral compass you would say an emphatic no. From what is freely out their in the ether Mansour is in the same league of filth as that Saudi tosser.

4 hours ago, lenred said:

Nearly every Prem club is foreign owned.  40/50% of Champ clubs. I couldn’t give a rats arse whether the owner of our club comes from Bristol or Timbuktu quite frankly because when he makes appointments like DH despite yet again promising the Earth then you can quite clearly see he doesn’t ‘love the club’ quite as much as you think he does.  

Personally I’ve never got the impression that he does love City as a true fan - his comments about the fan base during the LJ saga a couple of years ago confirmed it for me - and that he just sees us as his way of leaving a legacy. All conjecture though. 

Well he was a gashead until 1989.

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

100% on transfers, yes.

Perhaps the lengthy delay might have something to do with the fact City have decided on their new manager but due to the delicacies of removing the CEO and the entire back room staff in order to make way for a much higher profile coach, as promised let's not forget, it's taking a while; To put it mildly.

Secrecy and obfuscation via Gregor has therefore been essential and all will be revealed in relatively short fashion.

Keep the faith folks. 

Rangnick is coming.

This press conference for the new manager will be a classic. If its who you wanted or did not. The things that will be said why its taken so long and why we did not get any updates. will be the old Mark Ashton the one from his first press conference. Full of you know what, telling us what a wonderful job he did with the help of others. Its got to be today or tomorrow ?

1 hour ago, Harry said:

When you look at some of those comments from Watford fans, it’s amazing the bloke is so trusted by SL. 

I remember when he joined, the spiel was that Ashton had overseen the project that enabled us to achieve Cat 2 EPPP. 
Funnily enough, I saw on social media today that the ACTUAL PERSON who was responsible for that has shared the 7-year memory. 
Amy Kington was the brains and the driven personality behind the Academy status, but somehow, and I really don’t know how, Ashton is acclaimed for it. Crazy really. 

CE4DC7BB-A849-4B03-BAFC-7FC9C6D84841.jpeg

Yes, remember Amy being instrumental in this at the time.  I know that’s Alex Ball front right?  Is that Dave Horseman two to the right of Amy?

33 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Rangnick is coming.

Ragnarok - Twilight of the Gods?

In Norse mythology, Ragnarök (/ˈræɡnəˌrɒk, ˈrɑːɡ-/ (listen))[2][3][4] is a series of events, including a great battle, foretold to lead to the death of a number of great figures (including the gods Odin, Thor, Týr, Freyr, Heimdallr, and Loki), natural disasters and the submersion of the world in water. After these events, the world will resurface anew and fertile, the surviving and returning gods will meet and the world will be repopulated by two human survivors. Ragnarök is an important event in Norse mythology and has been the subject of scholarly discourse and theory in the history of Germanic studies.

The event is attested primarily in the Poetic Edda, compiled in the 13th century from earlier traditional sources and the Prose Edda, written in the 13th century by Snorri Sturluson. In the Prose Edda and in a single poem in the Poetic Edda, the event is referred to as Ragnarök or Ragnarøkkr (Old Norse for '"Fate of the Gods" and "Twilight of the Gods," respectively'), a usage popularised by 19th-century composer Richard Wagner with the title of the last of his Der Ring des Nibelungen operas, Götterdämmerung (1876), which is "Twilight of the Gods" in German.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragnarök

8 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

No, I thought you were referring to this with a different spelling as so many of these words have.

Obviously not then.

quite ironic (if that's the correct term) for the current situation

16 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

In Norse mythology, Ragnarök (/ˈræɡnəˌrɒk, ˈrɑːɡ-/ (listen))[2][3][4] is a series of events, including a great battle, foretold to lead to the death of a number of great figures (including the gods Odin, Thor, Týr, Freyr, Heimdallr, and Loki), natural disasters and the submersion of the world in water. After these events, the world will resurface anew and fertile, the surviving and returning gods will meet and the world will be repopulated by two human survivors. Ragnarök is an important event in Norse mythology and has been the subject of scholarly discourse and theory in the history of Germanic studies.

are they talking about the interview process or the fate of the BCFC board?

2 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Is there a coincidence in Amy posting this now?

OK I get the anniversary... But I don't imagine she does it every year.

Don’t know mate, just saw it on her FB. 
I doubt there’s anything sinister on her part, it’s a long time since she left City and she has zero crosses to bear - she’s definitely one of the good guys. 

2 hours ago, SX227 said:

MA is employed by SL to do his wishes.

Ashton is doing his job.

Does anyone really think anyone OTHER than SL decided on who was going to replace LJ?

Bloke might be a sycophant, but he's paid to be one.

SL is the issue - always has been, always will.

I agreed completely up until the last sentence.

Explain why you think SL is the issue.............:dunno:

Archived