IGNORED

Play Off Final

Maesknoll Red

Just now, bcfc01 said:

A good quality game, teams cancelling each other out in some respects.

One goal should do it either way I think.

Hope its Fulham, better team.

Yep, Fulham looking most likely to score, but Brentford have had their moments.  Swinging more towards Fulham as time goes on.  I'm seriously thinking in terms of ET and pens now.

I'm enjoying the game from a neutral position (sadly) as both teams are trying to win it. However, I don't feel it's up to Premiership standards on this showing. Can't see the winner tearing up tree-stumps next season.

7 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

I'm enjoying the game from a neutral position (sadly) as both teams are trying to win it. However, I don't feel it's up to Premiership standards on this showing. Can't see the winner tearing up tree-stumps next season.

Slightly disagree in that I think it is easily up to EPL standard - not Liverpool or top six but easily EPL in my opinion.

Looks to me like Fulham have run out of ideas and wouldn't be surprised to see Brentford take this now.

11 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Slightly disagree in that I think it is easily up to EPL standard - not Liverpool or top six but easily EPL in my opinion.

Looks to me like Fulham have run out of ideas and wouldn't be surprised to see Brentford take this now.

This is exactly the reason that the argument about every season being the "weakest Championship in years" is nonsense. 

The gap between the Championship top half and the Premier League bottom half is getting closer every season.

If Brentford go up I could see them getting a reasonable finish, so long as they stick with their play style as so many of the bottom half teams in the Premier League are scared to attack.

To an extent it is a part of why Sheffield United have done so well, they had the confidence to play their way while other teams approach every game with a "must not lose" attitude. 

You could make a division with the bottom half of the Premier League and top half of the Championship and it would be genuinely difficult to predict who comes out on top. 

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

This is exactly the reason that the argument about every season being the "weakest Championship in years" is nonsense. 

The gap between the Championship top half and the Premier League bottom half is getting closer every season.

If Brentford go up I could see them getting a reasonable finish, so long as they stick with their play style as so many of the bottom half teams in the Premier League are scared to attack.

To an extent it is a part of why Sheffield United have done so well, they had the confidence to play their way while other teams approach every game with a "must not lose" attitude. 

You could make a division with the bottom half of the Premier League and top half of the Championship and it would be genuinely difficult to predict who comes out on top. 

And yet two of the teams who went up got relegated.... which is what you generally see. So is it really that close. 

25 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

It’s funny because I think a lot of the build up play and technical stuff is better than what I watch in the league above, it’s the final ball and play around the penalty area that isn’t as good. 

4 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

And yet two of the teams who went up got relegated.... which is what you generally see. So is it really that close. 

And potentially none of the sides who came down will go up.

At most one will, while one scraped to safety by 3 points.

Season before this how many went straight back up? None.  One was playoffs, one 10th and one 16th.

Sunderland (admittedly a shambles) went down again. 

Yes, it really is that close.

• Admin
1 minute ago, robin_unreliant said:

There was a discussion on R5 the other night, Ex pros and commentators IIRC, what they were saying was that the Prem players are more consistent, they have an off game in 7 whilst in the EFL, many have an off game one in 3 or 4.

Unless you an get a squad of players at that level of consistency, you’ll always struggle.

Archived