IGNORED

Play Off Final

Maesknoll Red

Looking at this picture, you could almost believe that it could have been us a couple of seasons ago....

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/04/brentford-fulham-championship-play-off-final-match-report#img-2

Good luck to both Joe and Bobby, hopefully both get another chance in the Premier League. I remember Christmas 2013 when they were still youngsters and not yet established in the team, coming to visit the hospital with JET and a couple of other younger players.

20 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Not just One of our Own 

One of our best players ever. Intelligent, smart, fast, strong, good jumper, tremendous shot - everything actually! 

Well deserved 

Fantastic attitude goes along way and he has that in abundance.

28 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Not just One of our Own 

One of our best players ever. Intelligent, smart, fast, strong, good jumper, tremendous shot - everything actually! 

Well deserved 

If he wants to I suspect he’s got the brains to be a fantastic manager. 

6 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

I wonder whether one or two Prem clubs will take a look at Joe over the summer. Certainly put himself in the shop window last night.

On the other hand, I’m not sure Bobby will get much match time next season if he stays at Fulham. 

Bryan was really poor in his last stint in the Prem IMO. Maybe he has learnt from it but there were many games he looked way out of his depth at that level.

29 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

One of the other pics in the article has them both in :) 

DF27A615-08C2-4505-9822-96E51747649E.jpeg

Nice picture ... but can’t help thinking they should be wearing red shirts with our badge and Cotts in the middle.

If only we had followed his strategy of a small, tight, unified squad with a few quality additions eh. The income from transfers that MA has generated is peanuts against the riches that winning that final generates.

Hey ho. Meanwhile another season beckons for us of watching a fat squad with loads of half-arsed wasters, never-will-be’s looking like they’ve just met each other.

2 minutes ago, bris red said:

Bryan was really poor in his last stint in the Prem IMO. Maybe he has learnt from it but there were many games he looked way out of his depth at that level.

He was often played as a left back in a back 4, which as we all know doesn’t play to his strengths, which are actually getting forward down the left. Within the right formation, such as Fulham played yesterday, and his previous experience at that level he could surprise you. Similarly Bobby got few chances at Cardiff until late in their season in the Premier League and then he did start to score. His pressing can cause defences problems and as a second striker he can also make chances and create space.

If Scott Parker gets their defence right, Fulham have enough decent attacking players, who have had previous experience at that level, to make a go of it next season.

Just now, Dr Balls said:

He was often played as a left back in a back 4, which as we all know doesn’t play to his strengths, which are actually getting forward down the left. Within the right formation, such as Fulham played yesterday, and his previous experience at that level he could surprise you. Similarly Bobby got few chances at Cardiff until late in their season in the Premier League and then he did start to score. His pressing can cause defences problems and as a second striker he can also make chances and create space.

If Scott Parker gets their defence right, Fulham have enough decent attacking players, who have had previous experience at that level, to make a go of it next season.

We’ll see. I agree playing at LB is not his position but he still has a tendency to completely switch off in defensive positions. Even if you aren't a natural Defender it is a concern that he gets a complete lack of concentration in certain defensive positions and it was almost embarrassing at times - he got caught out on so many occasions often directly leading to his team losing goals as a result.

16 minutes ago, bris red said:

He did have well documented issues settling at Fulham in his first season. I saw a completely different player/person last night. Fair play to the kid.

20 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

He did have well documented issues settling at Fulham in his first season. I saw a completely different player/person last night. Fair play to the kid.

Agree. I didn’t want to bring that up, but a settled Joe Bryan full of confidence after last nights display could still prove to be Premier League quality. I certainly wouldn’t write him off as easily as some on here seem to suggest.

58 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

I wonder whether one or two Prem clubs will take a look at Joe over the summer. Certainly put himself in the shop window last night.

On the other hand, I’m not sure Bobby will get much match time next season if he stays at Fulham. 

Hopefully he’s improved defensively . He got exposed a bit in the prem last time. Very please for him . Always come across as a great lad and funny to think he was a mainstay of our double winning side at such a young age. 

Archived