IGNORED

Jay Dasilva vs Joe Bryan

Berkshire Red

It’s tough because whilst I don’t think Dasilva is the best at defending, Bryan isn’t great either.

Fulham fans really didn’t rate him much this season as a left back. Most weeks you’d see them moaning about him!

When he gets forward though he’s a better player than Jay. Finish with both feet and is usually good for 5-10 assists per season. 

Probably say JB edges it at the moment, but I have no doubt JD Will go onto play Premier League football as well.

8 minutes ago, Midred said:

He was wonderful up to Christmas 2017 then he was waiting for offers and lost interest for the rest of the season.  Now he's settled and playing well again.

He was told he could leave that Christmas then city went back on their word.

Always really liked Joe. Great attitude, plus clearly intelligent, and as we know loved the club (Loftus  Road 2018). Not really a left back, but as a left wing back in the right system or a left midfielder he can be fantastic, especially going forward, with a shot as good as any striker. Tonight bears that out.

9 minutes ago, Superjack said:

I know that it is only two pages, but it's late, and I can't be bothered to read anything but the OP.

Is this really a discussion? Jay Dasilva is a far superior player to Joe Bryan.

Certainly as a defender.

And yet.....

On Balance, Bryan - harder in a tackle, and very strong for his height, so is JD, but his height makes him more of a target.

Equallym DaSilva is 5 years younger; so has the potential to be better, Imo.

Now - Bryan - In the Future? - Debatable, wait and see.

13 minutes ago, Superjack said:

I know that it is only two pages, but it's late, and I can't be bothered to read anything but the OP.

Certainly as a defender.

Nah.

While both vulnerable to balls played behind them in defence, Jay maybe just shades it as a defender.

Joe though is country miles  ahead as an attacking wing -back. Shot, cross, pass, heading all far superior. 

Joe all day long for me. 

The only aspect of the fame Dasilva is better at is ability on the ball. Everything else Bryan is better. 

I'd still rather have Martin Scott though

38 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Certainly as a defender.

Nurse..

• Admin
2 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

JB always turned up for the big games. Remember the rovers goal and the manure goal? However he always was a bit defensively weak. 

Ill go for JD but always love Joe. Top bloke too (met him on a dog walk)

A bit like Flint as he was a fans favorite he was excused for the mistakes he made in games 

Too often he'd be caught out of position and ball watching. 

Dasilva is much more technical than Bryan. I see Bryan more like a LM or RW. 

Dasilva looks more dangerous when attacking and passing, and dribbling also. When we talk about goals and shoots, Dasilva is something like let's say a Jordi Alba, offering big support wide, going narrow sometimes to disrupt their shape. Dasilva doesn't have to score, or shoot too much. He got the ability to get much better than Joe is now.

8 hours ago, 054123 said:

He was told he could leave that Christmas then city went back on their word.

I don't know anything about that, not to say it's not true. What I do know is that he certainly stopped playing the great football he played up until the cup games at the end of the year. He seemed uninterested hence the view thay he downed tools. That's one of my last memories of his time here unfortunately.

Great player though ? and wish him all the best.

Archived