IGNORED

Ashton Gate banners

And Its Smith

Just now, Mendip City said:

Maybe nothing but we’re all saying similar on here and what will we achieve? 

Not maybe it won't and neither will posting on here. Also threatening season ticket refunds won't do it either considering only about 30% capacity next season.

It's pointless may as well get behind whoever gets taken on because ultimately it's not our decision, btw I'm not happy with the potential appointment but will support my team through gritted teeth regardless. 

14 minutes ago, AshtonG666 said:

Those pictures had been doing the rounds on some of the threads about 45mins before you decided it was worth a whole thread dedicated to what we have already seen haha

45 minutes? And on another thread?!  OH MY GOD.  Just going to think about what I’ve done!  

Not sure I will ever get over this error. 45 minutes...

6 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Not maybe it won't and neither will posting on here. Also threatening season ticket refunds won't do it either considering only about 30% capacity next season.

It's pointless may as well get behind whoever gets taken on because ultimately it's not our decision, btw I'm not happy with the potential appointment but will support my team through gritted teeth regardless. 

I agree with you and if things go wrong (and let’s hope they don’t) fingers and any anger must be pointed at the boardroom this time - not a manager trying to learn on the job. My one hope is that Dean has the sense to demand some really, really experienced support... he used to play under Allardyce at Bolton didn’t he? That would make things make a little more sense. 

1 minute ago, milo1111 said:

Not hurting anyone or damaging property.  The person/s who did it are entitled to make their feelings known. 

I agree with them. If people think Holden is good appointment they are free to make their own banners.

Probably the same types that did the sheets for Johnson

They obviously haven't got a lot going for them and need a focus in their lives and this is it at this time.

I agree, if it makes them happy, each to their own I suppose :yes:

27 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

They obviously haven't got a lot going for them and need a focus in their lives and this is it at this time.

Fair play to them they want to get a point over it’s up to them ,I bet your one of them happy clappers but come Xmas when he’s sacked and we’re bottom of league let’s see what your opinion is then 

57 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

How arrogant can you get ?

the same types ffs.

looking down your nose at people passionate about their club . They’ve made a statement , that’s all . No abuse, just a statement . At least they’ve got the balls  to put their heads above the parapet . Plenty on here of the type to think their shit don’t stink and kiss landown’s feet at every opportunity . 

1 hour ago, Magger1 said:

Fair play to them they want to get a point over it’s up to them ,I bet your one of them happy clappers but come Xmas when he’s sacked and we’re bottom of league let’s see what your opinion is then 

Dean Holdens management record at Oldham was P15 W3 D5 L7, thats 15 pts, x3=45 pts, relegation assured if that doesn't improve!

I think this is a good way to protest.  If I lived nearer I’d add to it.  It’s a shame we can’t organise something like this but on a bigger scale (not king size sheets before anyone says it) as I'm sure The club would hate a spotlight shone on their potentially ridiculous decision in this way.  With no fans allowed in the ground the chance to let them know how we feel is non existent.

Fair play to them. Not something I would do personally but good on them.Could do with more so that they know the feelings out there.

They can't ignore banners on their way in to work but they can ignore a fan's forum so could be argued it will have more of an impact than all the opinions put on the Ashton/SL/JL/ Holden threads.

8 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

How arrogant can you get ?

the same types ffs.

looking down your nose at people passionate about their club . They’ve made a statement , that’s all . No abuse, just a statement . At least they’ve got the balls  to put their heads above the parapet . Plenty on here of the type to think their shit don’t stink and kiss landown’s feet at every opportunity . 

If they had the balls then they’d personally wait outside the ground and demand a face to face (socially distanced of course) with the objects of their ire...or sail to the Channel Islands to knock on Steve’s door. 

Instead they stick some bedsheets up. That’s the type you want in the trenches. 

No-one’s immune to criticism but I swear some on here won’t be satisfied until they’ve driven the Lansdowns out and have us run by some faceless entities- then they’d probably whine about that, too. 

Just now, Basil Fawlty said:

If they had the balls then they’d personally wait outside the ground and demand a face to face (socially distanced of course) with the objects of their ire...or sail to the Channel Islands to knock on Steve’s door. 

Instead they stick some bedsheets up. That’s the type you want in the trenches. 

No-one’s immune to criticism but I swear some on here won’t be satisfied until they’ve driven the Lansdowns out and have us run by some faceless entities- then they’d probably whine about that, too. 

It creates more news than us posting on a forum. It’s not something I’d do personally but they’ve got every right to do it. 

Fair play to them. People more a less live their life’s via social media and forum platforms these days. How about actually stepping outside of your house and voicing and opinion.. like i said fair play to them for actually getting out into the big wide world and letting people know how they feel. The same belters on here that are slagging them off are probably the same people that would shuffle past the banners in real life with their heads down in complete silence!

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

It creates more news than us posting on a forum. It’s not something I’d do personally but they’ve got every right to do it. 

They may have the right but that also gives the right to ridicule them for an infantile moan.

2 minutes ago, Basil Fawlty said:

They may have the right but that also gives the right to ridicule them for an infantile moan.

Why is it infantile ? They care about the club and what happens to it . Far too many will just say , oh well never mind , Steve’s spent £m’s let’s just roll over and have our bellies tickled. That’s what the ***** up the road do. If they want to make a statement , let them . 

9 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

... unfortunately for us, they seemed to be making the correct call then.

If someone had listened it might have been us last night winning the play off final with Joe and Bobby. 

I’ve no doubt they’re making the  correct call again.

16 minutes ago, bris red said:

Fair play to them. People more a less live their life’s via social media and forum platforms these days. How about actually stepping outside of your house and voicing and opinion.. like i said fair play to them for actually getting out into the big wide world and letting people know how they feel. The same belters on here that are slagging them off are probably the same people that would shuffle past the banners in real life with their heads down in complete silence!

Personally we need more of the same, pieceful protest outside or around the ground it will hit home instead of on social media.. Something needs to be said because the overall supporter experience has been lost at the club.

7 hours ago, Med/MadHatter said:

Dean Holdens management record at Oldham was P15 W3 D5 L7, thats 15 pts, x3=45 pts, relegation assured if that doesn't improve!

So we are working our way through the list of ex-Oldham managers, working our way down the pool of talent previously working their magic at Boundary Park, from LJ, now to Holden (subject to official confirmation). Who might follow Deano, one wonders?

26 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Why is it infantile ? They care about the club and what happens to it . Far too many will just say , oh well never mind , Steve’s spent £m’s let’s just roll over and have our bellies tickled. That’s what the ***** up the road do. If they want to make a statement , let them . 

There’s a minority on here that seem hell bent on protesting against what they perceive as an authoritarian regime, almost as though they *want* or even *need* something to push back against. 

Trouble is when you attack imagined slights you’ll end up with worse-and more than what you bargained for. 

In short-be careful what you wish for. 

Archived