IGNORED

Ashton Gate banners

And Its Smith

If it does happen the question is why as there are many good candidates out there even if Lansdown couldn't tempt the likes of Hughton, Gerrard & Cook etc and with Holden having no managerial experience it looks like he's gone for the cheap option which could go terribly wrong and turn out to be too big a gamble for a big championship club 

9 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

How arrogant can you get ?

the same types ffs.

looking down your nose at people passionate about their club . They’ve made a statement , that’s all . No abuse, just a statement . At least they’ve got the balls  to put their heads above the parapet . Plenty on here of the type to think their shit don’t stink and kiss landown’s feet at every opportunity . 

I’ve run out of like mate but well said, completely agree!

I actually think this goes to show how much we care about the right appointment being made this time round. I consider us to be a pretty ‘soft’, forgiving and tolerant fan base and this goes to show how bad a decision the board could be making 

they have also dug their own grave on this one with all the big talk 

3 minutes ago, Basil Fawlty said:

There’s a minority on here that seem hell bent on protesting against what they perceive as an authoritarian regime, almost as though they *want* or even *need* something to push back against. 

Trouble is when you attack imagined slights you’ll end up with worse-and more than what you bargained for. 

In short-be careful what you wish for. 

I think what you and a few others on here need to remind yourselves of something.   While Steve Lansdown  now has virtually all the financial investment in this club, there are thousands of fans who have a massive emotional investment in it, to say nothing of a large financial investment in proportion of their own personsl wealth.

They have every right to protest, as long as it’s not breaking the law and isn’t offensive. If you’re happy with the sit down, shut up and do as your told attitude which has become the norm around this club in recent years, then that’s your choice, but why should others be talked down to and ridiculed for having different views?

SL may be incredibly wealthy and put a huge amount of money into this club and we’re fortunate to have him here, but that doesn’t put him above justified criticism, otherwise this club would just become a dictatorship, surely?

18 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

It’s only a few, I can understand your confusion as they post the same things again and again on multiple threads.

Only a few on here have said they don’t want Holden as manager?  I’m not sure I’ve seen anyone positively say that they want him or think it’s the right idea. 

Just now, Mendip City said:

Only a few on here have said they don’t want Holden as manager?  I’m not sure I’ve seen anyone positively say that they want him or think it’s the right idea. 

The banners are saying to sack Ashton, that’s what I was referencing. 

1 minute ago, BrizzleRed said:

I think what you and a few others on here need to remind yourselves of something.   While Steve Lansdown  now has virtually all the financial investment in this club, there are thousands of fans who have a massive emotional investment in it, to say nothing of a large financial investment in proportion of their own personsl wealth.

They have every right to protest, as long as it’s not breaking the law and isn’t offensive. If you’re happy with the sit down, shut up and do as your told attitude which has become the norm around this club in recent years, then that’s your choice, but why should others be talked down to and ridiculed for having different views?

SL may be incredibly wealthy and put a huge amount of money into this club and we’re fortunate to have him here, but that doesn’t put him above justified criticism, otherwise this club would just become a dictatorship, surely?

Note what I said in previous posts re: ‘they’re not immune to criticism’. 

Where is this ‘sit down, shut up and do as you’re told’ come from? 

It’s a microcosm of society as a whole nowadays. Everyone seems to want to question everything and see everything as a crushing of their liberties. 

As for your opening statement football fans have the emotional attachment, the sentimental attachment. We’re not going to see things logically. 

There are bigger things to protest about- overpriced tickets, lack of opportunity for fans aged 16-25 to go down regularly, no pay on the day and no standing areas. 

Trouble is fans want the moon on a stick, and no matter what occurs, for some, nothing will ever be the precise ‘way they want it’. 

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The banners are saying to sack Ashton, that’s what I was referencing. 

And that they don’t want Holden.... Banners are next to each other. presumably they don’t want Ashton because of the Holden appointment.... or is there another Bristol City news story right now? 

1 minute ago, Mendip City said:

And that they don’t want Holden.... Banners are next to each other. presumably they don’t want Ashton because of the Holden appointment.... or is there another Bristol City news story right now? 

The only source they have for it being Holden is Gregor McG, if it isn’t they should have the decency to take the banners down and hang them outside his house. 

10 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

That's embarrassing.

Embarrassing for who? Not many people on here seem to be embarrassed.

96% on the poll not happy with the prospect of Holden.

SL may have the money and power but he should never dismiss such strong feelings from the fans.

Good for them I say - on Holden they clearly speak for the vast majority, and on Ashton too, I suspect, if Holden is appointed.

I just hope SL and MA see those pictures and it makes them stop and think.

8 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Embarrassing for who? Not many people on here seem to be embarrassed.

I find leaving some tatty bedsheets outside of Ashton Gate quite embarrassing. It looks like the sort of cheap and half arsed thing the 15ers would do.

No club owner is going to take any notice just because somebody had a sheet and a felt tipped pen.

Just now, BS2 Red said:

I find leaving some tatty bedsheets outside of Ashton Gate quite embarrassing. It looks like the sort of cheap and half arsed thing the 15ers would do.

No club owner is going to take any notice just because somebody had a sheet and a felt tipped pen.

Oh no has someone had a sheet there as well

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Could be quite significant. Message delivered to Lansdown HQ. 

Even before those sheets were put out there must have been one of the board voicing concern about potential unrest amongst fans. They're not daft.

1 hour ago, Basil Fawlty said:

There’s a minority on here that seem hell bent on protesting against what they perceive as an authoritarian regime, almost as though they *want* or even *need* something to push back against. 

Trouble is when you attack imagined slights you’ll end up with worse-and more than what you bargained for. 

As I’ve said . Lansdown’s created this pressure himself with next level etc statement . If then goes completely against his own words then he deserves all the criticism he gets. It doesn’t help that his history of choosing managers is shocking (cotterill=dawe) 

1 hour ago, Basil Fawlty said:

I think there is more than just one issue here. Lots seem unhappy with SL and MA and how they run the club. But for me what those banners are about is if Holden gets appointed. They are separate issues. I think we are run as a club excellently and we are a good model to look at for sustainability. However, I would be extremely disappointed if we appoint Holden as I think it shows a lack of ambition. 

55 minutes ago, Basil Fawlty said:

It’s a microcosm of society as a whole nowadays. Everyone seems to want to question everything and see everything as a crushing of their liberties. 

As for your opening statement football fans have the emotional attachment, the sentimental attachment. We’re not going to see things logically. 

There are bigger things to protest about- overpriced tickets, lack of opportunity for fans aged 16-25 to go down regularly, no pay on the day and no standing areas. 

Trouble is fans want the moon on a stick, and no matter what occurs, for some, nothing will ever be the precise ‘way they want it’. 

Tell me more about this moon and stick combo, sounds interesting.

34 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Some truth in this.

Whats your plan?

9 minutes ago, Basil Fawlty said:

Right, where shall I start then?

Sit down, shut up will do I suppose.  Have you not heard all the complaints from official supporters groups who’ve said their views are being increasingly ignored by the club. I agree with what you say about disproportunately raising prices of ST’s for young people and concessions.  I can add the abandonment of early bird ST prices and instead, having to pay for your ST early, just to retain your seat.  There are plenty of others, such as stand lighting for evening matches, refunds for covid and general poor communication with fans to name a few.

There seems to be a definite attitude of disdain from the club towards the views of supporters, but rose tinted glasses can sometimes mask that I believe.

You make the statement that emotional attachment to the club can effect you looking at things logically. I’ll counter that by saying that looking at the football club as strictly a business is completely missing the point and you dismiss the emotional attachment of supporters at you peril.

Moving on to wanting the moon on a stick.  Granted, there are some unreasonable complaints, but you can say the same about customers in retail establishments, but I’ll bet shop policy isn’t to just ignore them and expect them to go away!  

This head coach fisco has brought to a head the discinnect between the club and the fans and imho, the criticism of the club is completely justified.  

If the club decide to employ employ Dean Holden after al the talk of aiming for the Premier League and the quality of applicants they’ve had, they desrve all the criticism they get.  Forget the lost income due to covid, as this isn’t putting them off looking for a new back-up keeper, while we have a perectly good one who we keep loaning out, so money must still be available.

This attitude among some on here that ‘if that’s what the club chooses to do, then I’m happy with that’ isn’t particularly healthy imho.  

If the club doesn’t listen to its support, not all are going to keep following blindly and could start voting with their feet and find other things to do with their time and money.

3 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Some truth in this.

Whats your plan?

I have no plan, Lansdown will do what Lansdown wants.

If Holden/Ashton are what he wants, he isn't going to listen to us, whatever we think.

I am not a fan of either, but the club has moved on a long long way under Lansdown's ownership. I'm nowhere near a stage where I would think any protest was justified. 

I know I’m probably being a bit emotional & sensitive but IF this isn’t happening & never was, which could well be the case as the BP have been wrong several times, how do you think Dean Holden is feeling now? Maybe they’re considering him as part of the back room staff, would he really want to stay after all the vitriol directed at his potential appointment as well as him personally?

15 minutes ago, Dottie said:

I know I’m probably being a bit emotional & sensitive but IF this isn’t happening & never was, which could well be the case as the BP have been wrong several times, how do you think Dean Holden is feeling now? Maybe they’re considering him as part of the back room staff, would he really want to stay after all the vitriol directed at his potential appointment as well as him personally?

Not sure there’s been personal vitriol directed at him , for me at the club and the decision makers 

31 minutes ago, Dottie said:

I haven’t seen any vitriol directed at DH personally, on here or on Twitter. People are angry at SL, JL, MA and GmG as far as I can tell

I have nothing against Dean Holden as a person. But his CV does not stack up enough plusses for me to consider him as the one to take City upwards.

Quite the opposite in fact. Yet another dismal second half of the season is making me think that it is more likely that our lack of form will continue well into the upcoming new season.

And the only end result from that is R E L E G A T I O N. You van insult me all you want but it only takes a very poor first six games, to destroy a season of hope.

He may be different in thinking to Johnson, but I believe him to be too similar. If his football philosophy is so different to LJ, why has he stayed here so long because it must have been galling for him to see how poorly the club was managed, footballwise. And the same applies to McAllister.

3 hours ago, RedRock said:

... unfortunately for us, they seemed to be making the correct call then.

If someone had listened it might have been us last night winning the play off final with Joe and Bobby. 

I’ve no doubt they’re making the  correct call again.

FFP suggests otherwise.

Unless you mean different decisions could've meant we shot through with the momentum in 2017/18 winning the playoffs two years ago.

However once that failed, we had to make sales in summer 2018- Birmingham - 9, Sheffield Wednesday - 12, others probably will get a good sized deduction sooner rather than later.

Oh yeah lots of clubs were going into summer 2018 soft embargo, Sheffield Wednesday had further restrictions 2019, Reading summer 2019. This is just off top of my head!

Oh yeah, alternatively EFL Business Plan, as with Birmingham, if needed would've restricted us significantly.

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

I have nothing against Dean Holden as a person. But his CV does not stack up enough plusses for me to consider him as the one to take City upwards.

Quite the opposite in fact. Yet another dismal second half of the season is making me think that it is more likely that our lack of form will continue well into the upcoming new season.

And the only end result from that is R E L E G A T I O N. You van insult me all you want but it only takes a very poor first six games, to destroy a season of hope.

He may be different in thinking to Johnson, but I believe him to be too similar. If his football philosophy is so different to LJ, why has he stayed here so long because it must have been galling for him to see how poorly the club was managed, footballwise. And the same applies to McAllister.

When you consider managers out there aeound the same age I;e Flyn, Rowe, Wellens etc they've all learnt their trade in the lower divisions so the natural progression would be a bigger club "eventually" once they've proven themself. The problem with Holden he hasn't had managerial experience even at a lower league club so could be well out of his depth next season and reminds of when we had Luke Williams in charge. 

Archived