IGNORED

will games only kick off at 3pm and 7:45pm when season starts?

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Get the impression that there will be less % of games televised this season- ie a reversion to a more normal offering, how that impacts kickoff times I'm unsure- only time will tell.

But guessing ever game is still streamed live next season then they will need to stagger some to spread demand on the streaming site like they had to this season,

2 minutes ago, winsaw said:

But guessing ever game is still streamed live next season then they will need to stagger some to spread demand on the streaming site like they had to this season,

Ah yeah, was thinking of PL Sky deal largely- know that every PL game was on one channel or another, that won't be repeated.

Would have thought the streaming option again a must until fans can return in full.

Naturally, if there are no fans to accommodate the kick-off times are up for offer - so who is doing the bidding?

It may be feasible for the top teams but how will the lower leaguers be able to play if there are no fans allowed? Many clubs were aghast to play on after the stoppage without cash coming in at the turnstiles, so will there be a payment for them in the new season? Are the broadcasters going to provide some income for them even if they don't feature? Will streaming services be the way forwards? This is becoming a new horizon for football.

3 hours ago, Erithacus said:

Naturally, if there are no fans to accommodate the kick-off times are up for offer - so who is doing the bidding?

It may be feasible for the top teams but how will the lower leaguers be able to play if there are no fans allowed? Many clubs were aghast to play on after the stoppage without cash coming in at the turnstiles, so will there be a payment for them in the new season? Are the broadcasters going to provide some income for them even if they don't feature? Will streaming services be the way forwards? This is becoming a new horizon for football.

There will be moderate rebates to the broadcasters at EFL level last I read, really quite moderate- couple of sources say £7m in total.

PL I believe is scheduled to be £330m, a good chunk to Sky- but this part, perhaps the UK part of the rebate is deferred until 2021.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There will be moderate rebates to the broadcasters at EFL level last I read, really quite moderate- couple of sources say £7m in total.

PL I believe is scheduled to be £330m, a good chunk to Sky- but this part, perhaps the UK part of the rebate is deferred until 2021.

What’s the rebate for, excuse my ignorance?

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

What’s the rebate for, excuse my ignorance?

With the PL I remember significant talk of it early in the crisis/lockdown.

Offset Sky's losses or help to offset them according to one report. Possibly contractual reasons part of it too.

https://media.sportbusiness.com/news/premier-league-and-sky-agree-deferral-of-170m-rights-rebate/

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/premier-league-sky-sports-broadcast-rights-rebate-settlement-coronavirus

Is a good question though, can't remember in full. Think quite a few little things adding up- no crowds reducing the experience from a televisual POV one factor.

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

With the PL I remember significant talk of it early in the crisis/lockdown.

Offset Sky's losses or help to offset them according to one report. Possibly contractual reasons part of it too.

https://media.sportbusiness.com/news/premier-league-and-sky-agree-deferral-of-170m-rights-rebate/

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/premier-league-sky-sports-broadcast-rights-rebate-settlement-coronavirus

Is a good question though, can't remember in full. Think quite a few little things adding up- no crowds reducing the experience from a televisual POV one factor.

Looks like it’s a rebate for 12 weeks lost subscriptions 

Archived