IGNORED

Famous last words

where's the joy

2 hours ago, where's the joy said:

I hope, and pray, that our owners have seen the value of hiring the best possible coach that they can, via their rugby club.

A coach so well respected that players can be persuaded to join us simply because of the reputation of that person.

Holden may be talented, he may enable us to play better, but i can't believe that he could attract high calibre players.

So for that reason i believe that the club are keeping so quiet because they are tying up a stellar appointment, 

who will put 5000 extra season ticket sales on the books.

The messiah is coming!!! always believe 

I think this could be described as straws and clutching at! But I love your thinking and hoping it's correct.

1 hour ago, BrizzleRed said:

So Gregor is probably right when he says no decision is imminent.

This won’t be helping our so called reputation for being a well run club, who people will be falling over each other to manage then!

Or, apparently, a club people are currently falling over themselves NOT to manage.

Hopefully DH not last man standing.

1 hour ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

Famous last words...

"Whats this button do?"

Challenger shuttle crew....

“I hope the unseasonably cold morning hasn't caused the rubber O Rings around the fuels tanks to turn brittle and thus crack and fail when we heat them up now...”

6 hours ago, BrizzleRed said:

So Gregor is probably right when he says no decision is imminent.

This won’t be helping our so called reputation for being a well run club, who people will be falling over each other to manage then!

Gregor Mcgregorface is like John Snow........he seems to know nothing?  I have just read his weekly Q & A session on the Post site, every answer he gives is vague and non-commital. He doesn't seem to have his finger on the pulse of whats going on,  for a local football journo, he appears as much in the dark as we all are?

8 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Gregor Mcgregorface is like John Snow........he seems to know nothing?  I have just read his weekly Q & A session on the Post site, every answer he gives is vague and non-commital. He doesn't seem to have his finger on the pulse of whats going on,  for a local football journo, he appears as much in the dark as we all are?

Completely agree with you, but with the complete lack of anything coming out of the club, he seems to be the only thing we’ve got.

We have to give the club credit for one thing though, they really have this one nailed right down tight.

Could put it another way, fans are very similar to shareholders in that the all feel they are part of the club, season ticket holders have paid to be part of the same club for the duration of the season - proper shareholders have paid for the right to be part of the decision making process- the directors that ignore the wishes of the shareholders don’t get to remain in post, don’t we have the right to expect at least a little bit of candour from the club?

10 hours ago, where's the joy said:

I hope, and pray, that our owners have seen the value of hiring the best possible coach that they can, via their rugby club.

A coach so well respected that players can be persuaded to join us simply because of the reputation of that person.

Holden may be talented, he may enable us to play better, but i can't believe that he could attract high calibre players.

So for that reason i believe that the club are keeping so quiet because they are tying up a stellar appointment, 

If you've got any of that gear left- PM me.

On 05/08/2020 at 12:26, tin said:

I hope so, too. But there's are subtle differences with the rugby club's board:

• Jon Lansdown sits only as a director, not a chairman
  • Bears chairman Chris Booy was involved with Bristol Rugby long before the Lansdowns
  • Bears CEO Mark Tainton is Bristol's all-time leading points scorer
  • The other board member looks after the finances
  • Steve Lansdown has far less interference

What that says to me is that most of the people on the Bears' board hold genuine ambition, know the club inside out and can connect with the fans. We have the polar opposite. 

Jobs for the boys then? SL can’t win whatever he does as people will always pick fault. Even if we were in the premier league this would be the case

On 05/08/2020 at 12:19, where's the joy said:

One teeny, tiny point. No fans attending, definitely until October, probably a lot longer. Once restrictions relaxed, estimate is 8,000 attending, 12,000 SC’s sold already. Even allowing for the handful who cancel, either due to affordability of petulance, that still means a rota system. So the likelihood of any more SC’s being sold is nil.

Even if things change and the virus vanishes, by then fans will know how well, or badly City are doing, and attend based on that. And despite the apparent Mystic Meg qualities of many on here, nobody has a Scooby how City will perform under any manager.

Archived