IGNORED

Warnock plays to his audience?

maxjak

Warnock was on Scottish radio being interviewed in the last couple of days, he was asked how he thought Rangers and Celtic would get on in the Prem?  He's opinion was that they would both be top six? He was obviously playing up to the local listeners, but what does anyone else think?   If Elliason goes to Celtic, he will have it made, he will pick up a fat pay packet, and only have to play 5 or 6 competitive matches a season.  IMHO if he goes there, he is lacking any ambition, apart from a monetary one.

You say a big wage packet but i think you will be suprised - Celtic don’t have the financial muscle they once had. They pay their players on average just over 16k net a week. I can’t see Elliason being on anymore than 20 k a week max if he did go there. 

They'd both struggle at first, it's a massive jump in quality.

It'd all depend on if they could avoid relegation for a few seasons and build up cash and quality players.

They have the name and crowd sizes to attract big names, but they lack the cash and competition that the top players want.

2 minutes ago, bris red said:

You say a big wage packet but i think you will be suprised - Celtic don’t have the financial muscle they once had. They pay their players on average just over 16k net a week. I can’t see Elliason being on anymore than 20 k a week max if he did go there. 

20k a week, I'd take it

If they managed to stay in the Premier League, the combination of top end TV money, plus large gate receipts (once crowds are allowed back) would mean that they could eventually hold their own.
Would they make top 6? No. Could they come bottom 3 in the first season? Possibly and I certainly think they BBC would start out closer to the bottom of the table than top.

On the whole Celtic / Rangers thing, I can’t understand why so many people have one of them as their second team

No problem if you do but I’d like to know the logic behind it if it’s anything other than the old sectarian malarkey 

• Admin
8 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

On the whole Celtic / Rangers thing, I can’t understand why so many people have one of them as their second team

No problem if you do but I’d like to know the logic behind it if it’s anything other than the old sectarian malarkey 

I just don’t understand having a second team...

2 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Rangers average attendance: 49,000. Not as many as West Ham; a handful more than Newcastle. Two shite Prem teams. Rangers would struggle as they are currently. 

Well, that's your opinion, mine is different.

Ibrox holds just over 50k and they regularly fill it, with the EPL monies they'd be a big force within 2 or 3 years imo and if they expanded the stadium to 80k they would fill it in the EPL easily. Celtic the same. 

They are both held back by the mickey mouse league they are in.

The last credible figures I saw showed that Celtic pay their players £16k a week on average and Rangers’ average was £6k - apart from the allure of short-lived champions league campaigns and big crowds I’m not sure why Eliasson would go up there ?!

Experience-wise, it’s a different proposition when you delve into the lower reaches of Scottish football though ... top matches, brill banter, real characters, unbelievable passion and unbridled commitment despite lack of success ....I’ve spent so many superb weekends north of the border having so much fun following the Jags - you know, when expectations are zero, the rest just falls into place! Great people, great times ... ??

Archived