IGNORED

Long time listener, first time caller

dREDful

Good morning everyone,

I have long read this site but for the first time I have felt the need to sign up and vent - I won't go on too long. I am utterly disgusted by the owners of this football club and the ride they have taken us for. Some pals of mine have previously told me I was just a customer and I wouldn't have it but the utter contempt shown to the fans in these past five weeks is disgusting. To be lied to about ambitions and to appoint part of the previous problems is a disgrace. 

The worst part is having a billionaire preach to normal working people about the effects of covid. I have no problems with being ridiculously rich but I do have a problem with those who are telling us how hard they're having it and that's a reason for employing LJ Mk II. 

I'm probably not adding much to anything on here on the above and for that I apologise. However maybe something which hasn't been discussed. Bristol Bears have this week announced their ST options for those who have purchased an ST for next year:

1. Donate to the academy with a TV pass for each game and entry if fans are allowed back. 

2. Ticket credit with the above benefits. 

3. Full refund and no TV pass and loss of ST benefits for this year. 

Well with limited numbers expected at best for this season, and at what stage we don't know, and Holden all but appointed me and the 10 yearly ST attendees for over 20 years have made our minds up. It will be refunds all round and in the bizarre event that Holden doesn't find us in the bottom half we can then pick and choose our TV games or attend POTD if this strange world resumes. I don't see either of those options being taken up by us this season on this appointment.  

I knew ST numbers would drop next year under LJ, in 2021/22 with Holden I dread to think...

Rant over!

41 minutes ago, dREDful said:

Good morning everyone,

I have long read this site but for the first time I have felt the need to sign up and vent - I won't go on too long. I am utterly disgusted by the owners of this football club and the ride they have taken us for. Some pals of mine have previously told me I was just a customer and I wouldn't have it but the utter contempt shown to the fans in these past five weeks is disgusting. To be lied to about ambitions and to appoint part of the previous problems is a disgrace. 

The worst part is having a billionaire preach to normal working people about the effects of covid. I have no problems with being ridiculously rich but I do have a problem with those who are telling us how hard they're having it and that's a reason for employing LJ Mk II. 

I'm probably not adding much to anything on here on the above and for that I apologise. However maybe something which hasn't been discussed. Bristol Bears have this week announced their ST options for those who have purchased an ST for next year:

1. Donate to the academy with a TV pass for each game and entry if fans are allowed back. 

Well with limited numbers expected at best for this season, and at what stage we don't know, and Holden all but appointed me and the 10 yearly ST attendees for over 20 years have made our minds up. It will be refunds all round and in the bizarre event that Holden doesn't find us in the bottom half we can then pick and choose our TV games or attend POTD if this strange world resumes. I don't see either of those options being taken up by us this season on this appointment.  

I knew ST numbers would drop next year under LJ, in 2021/22 with Holden I dread to think...

Rant over!

LJ mk2 (I assume you mean Holden) is taking over ?  When was that announced ?  SL gave us a lecture on Covid19 and how tough it has been for him ?  When did that happen ?  We've been lied to about ambition ?  When ?

I must have been asleep when all this happened. Shame on me.

hi there! nice rant but we have no idea whats going on with this process or SL's thinking or involvement ( in that i believe his son is chairman now)?

Theres a lot of people making a lot of assumptions about the process and the people involved tho and you know what they say about assumptions yes?

i dont think he's made any statements about covid has he? I stand to be corrected tho... so maybe keep yr powder dry for now??

1 minute ago, Will Rollason said:

hi there! nice rant but we have no idea whats going on with this process or SL's thinking or involvement ( in that i believe his son is chairman now)?

Theres a lot of people making a lot of assumptions about the process and the people involved tho and you know what they say about assumptions yes?

i dont think he's made any statements about covid has he? I stand to be corrected tho... so maybe keep yr powder dry for now??

I really hope you're right Will but they have that Gregor leaking tidbits to us, doing their dirty work in my opnion. The whole situation doesn't sit well with me, something isn't right, and if it was a Hughton or the like they'd have had him in for a couple of weeks now I think. 

With Bristol City (and the Lansdowns) I'm afraid I've seen this film before. I'll gladly but a bottle of what you drink if you're right and I'm wrong and I will be very very happy!

But all sounds and signs point to Holden. And for a guy they have so much respect for they wouldn't put his name through the press to guage fan opinion, that's not right on the guy and they'd know that. 

Welcome t the forum. Problem is, football fans (all clubs, not just ours) are supporters not customers. Customers get a much better deal. If you are a customer and you go to your favourite restaurant and your food is cold and the staff ignore you, you choose another restaurant next time and forever, lucky customers. 

Football fans do not change teams, everyone knows it, owners especially know it (look at Cardiff playing in Red, Hull City Tigers, Rovers even). We have little option but to suck it up because we cannot take our business elsewhere. But we can do some things. Everyone moaned about the bedsheets but It CAN have an effect, Cardiff are back in Blue and Hull are Hull City. 

53 minutes ago, dREDful said:

Good morning everyone,

Rant over!

I think you should have checked your "facts" before contributing I have never read such utter bollocks basically

4 minutes ago, Furious Custard said:

Ah another entitled snowflake. You will fit right in here. If you haven't already please go and complete the polls on your feelings of Dean Holden and Mark Ashton so we can all finally agree what the club needs to do once and for all. 

Apologies for any offence caused. My post wasn't intended to offend, just to vent and discuss the matter with like minded people willing to debate. 

I understand the topic title may not have given any indication to the content so will accept your view. Much too old to argue these days!

Up the City. 

9 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Yeh you are a bit premature. Nothing has been confirmed yet and I recon if he were close to getting the job, he or they may be having second thoughts after the reaction of the fans.

If you think Holden or 'they' would have second thoughts because of what we think as fans you are very much mistaken.

8 minutes ago, dREDful said:

Apologies for any offence caused. My post wasn't intended to offend, just to vent and discuss the matter with like minded people willing to debate. 

I understand the topic title may not have given any indication to the content so will accept your view. Much too old to argue these days!

Up the City. 

No offense taken mate. We are all a bit fed up with the off season and the general silence from the club. 

Welcome to the forum and up the city.  

1 hour ago, dREDful said:

Bristol Bears have this week announced their ST options for those who have purchased an ST for next year:

3. Full refund and no TV pass and loss of ST benefits for this year

Not true - those options are for the existing season. At least they have been clear on the refund option unlike the BCFC comms previous. 

18 minutes ago, dREDful said:

Up the City. 

My apologies also as I forgot to welcome you to the forum.

Good morning everyone,

Rant over!

So from what I can see, you've got angry and vented that anger and disgust which is based on your opinion on a presumption and not based on many facts at all......?

Welcome to the forum, you'll feel right at home!

Good morning everyone,

Rant over!

Good rant mate and I hope you feel better. I thought you might of been a bit more interesting and opened a can of worms like.

new betting odds.

Paul Cooke now odds on favourite, second Eddie Howe and an unexpected 1/3rd contender coming in with a very late show is Mr John terry.

when you want to rant I usually do it after two bottles of red wine and try and type with one eye. And when you get heaps of aubergines the next morning you know how many have taken time to read Your rant.

time now for another glass of red.

COYR 

The only view i would contribute is, IMHO After the appalling level of football dished up in general this season, and our pathetic annual late season decline, added to which we have all had to contend with the repercussions of the dreadful pandemic...........we all needed our spirits lifted and our optimism regenerated, but all we get  is a stoney silence and a terrible PR exercise in how NOT to keep the  loyal supporters happy and informed.

1 minute ago, Hampshire Red said:

Hope that's your last post. Clearly clueless. Are you old enough to clean your own teeth

I am of what is left of them! I won't get involved in any aggression. Have a lovely Thursday and let's hope for a good day in the Cricket. 

Good morning everyone,

Rant over!

Those Bears offers are for the remainder of this season which is about to restart, not for next season.

https://www.bristolbearsrugby.com/news/bears-reveal-season-card-and-matchday-ticket-options/

4 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

You don't know and neither do I

C'mon really?

Holden: Pay rise and he will no doubt see it as a massive opportunity that may not and probably will not come around again.

The Board: Listening to the fans over what they feel is best for the Club.

If you truly have any belief in that then fair play to you.

3 hours ago, dREDful said:

There's a lot of money here's & and about at this club..

But not much brains.

Archived