IGNORED

Merchandise Boycott?

Robbie C

I know that many of us would not want to give up watching City no matter how appalling the Head Coach, but instead who would join a merchandise boycott to show how disappointed we are at being lied to? I would normally buy a home shirt at least each season, many others buy much more?

2 minutes ago, Robbie C said:

I know that many of us would not want to give up watching City no matter how appalling the Head Coach, but instead who would join a merchandise boycott to show how disappointed we are at being lied to? I would normally buy a home shirt at least each season, many others buy much more?

Never buy any of it anyway.

7 minutes ago, Robbie C said:

How appalling the head coach...

To be fair (and it has probably been mentioned 100s of times in one of the longer threads)

1/ Head coach is yet to be appointed.

2/ If it is DH, then I will be supporting him and the side as much as I would do as if the board had appointed any other candidate.

3/ It isn't Holdens fault.

8 minutes ago, Robbie C said:

I remember the last boycott when there was going to be a mass demonstration by staying in the concourse for the second half of a game. Ended up with about 6 sad sods on their own in the concourse :laughcont:

But you carry on - best of luck.

Reading on here about how some think the board level operates in a dysfunctional way has been very interesting. However I am still interested in how things pan out if it is DH as head coach and would want to see him get a fair chance (before turning on him 5 games into the season :laugh:). Besides I doubt this would work anyway, I am sure the sports direct shop in Newcastle does very well despite Mike Ashley.

25 minutes ago, Robbie C said:

Frickin genius. Our club going through times of financial difficulty which no doubt is impacting things at the moment and because you're unhappy that the Head Coach is taking ages to appoint you suggest boycotting one of the remaining income streams that the club relies on. What do you think would happen if everyone followed your master plan? 

Also, why have we been lied to?

Edit: don't take the tone personally (I'm sure you haven't), but some of the posts on here about the current situation and the board is just unbeleivable.

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I’m confused.  What would a merchandising boycott achieve?  If people are that unhappy with the club, then surely the right move is to go and support someone else (I understand there’s another EFL club within spitting distance...)?

Shut up.

You can’t just drop a love for a club and go and support someone else, you can however show your disapproval at the runnings of your football club by not attending, making banners and generally kicking up a fuss.

15 minutes ago, JollyestOli said:

Shut up.

You can’t just drop a love for a club and go and support someone else, you can however show your disapproval at the runnings of your football club by not attending, making banners and generally kicking up a fuss.

Are you Wolfie Smith ?

(one for the not so young there)

23 minutes ago, JollyestOli said:

Shut up.

Never gonna happen. People rarely vote with their feet here

6 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Don't buy merchandise but will stop my monthly direct debit for my SC, 10 other I go with feel the same. 

Isn't your debt with a finance company rather than the football club ?

What a ridiculous idea.

Think some people need to get the current manager/coach appointment situation and the financial difficulties all clubs are and will continue to experience into perspective.  In 1982 we so nearly lost this club, I wouldn’t want to go through that situation ever again.

We have a lot to be thankful for and if it turns out to be DH appointed then so be it as far as I’m concerned, we need to support the club end of.

Also, how the hell have we been lied to, please do tell.

1 hour ago, Robbie C said:

Hmmmm.........my first thought on this  is............:gasmask:

Fair enough. It was only an idea. Funnily enough I am not normally the kind of fan who gets angry but this whole process has annoyed me and many reasonable fans so much. And yes, I do feel lied to and yes, I do know no Head Coach has been appointed yet. I would like Hughton, would accept Cook, I would even accept Lowe who at least has experience and promotions on his CV. Just gutted that a huge opportunity looks like it is going to be wasted, just like when Millen was appointed.

Nothing wrong with voicing your opinion on DH's suspected appointment but this is just pointless. Get behind the manager regardless. All this talk of burning season tickets (when we're at reduced capacity) stopping buying merchandise threats (when nobody really buys it) making signs out of bedsheets (when nobody cares to notice of it) all seem very childish.

20 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Nothing wrong with voicing your opinion on DH's suspected appointment but this is just pointless. Get behind the manager regardless. All this talk of burning season tickets (when we're at reduced capacity) stopping buying merchandise threats (when nobody really buys it) making signs out of bedsheets (when nobody cares to notice of it) all seem very childish.

What’s your solution?

I have no confidence in a Holden appointment, if it materializes. 

I guess I’ll just stop going.

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I’m confused.  What would a merchandising boycott achieve?  If people are that unhappy with the club, then surely the right move is to go and support someone else (I understand there’s another EFL club within spitting distance...)?

Allegedly?

Archived