IGNORED

Merchandise Boycott?

Robbie C

• Admin
2 hours ago, Robbie C said:

I know that many of us would not want to give up watching City no matter how appalling the Head Coach, but instead who would join a merchandise boycott to show how disappointed we are at being lied to? I would normally buy a home shirt at least each season, many others buy much more?

Majority of the time most items  are out of stock, so no need to change anything

2 hours ago, Baba Yaga said:

Reading on here about how some think the board level operates in a dysfunctional way has been very interesting. However I am still interested in how things pan out if it is DH as head coach and would want to see him get a fair chance (before turning on him 5 games into the season :laugh:). Besides I doubt this would work anyway, I am sure the sports direct shop in Newcastle does very well despite Mike Ashley.

Are you posting from the hut on fowl's legs ?

46 minutes ago, 054123 said:

What’s your solution?

I have no confidence in a Holden appointment, if it materializes. 

I guess I’ll just stop going

You won't be able to stop going to something you can't go to currently?

Maybe the solution is to moan to your mates or partner if they even care with an old post or two on here and support your team in the meantime.

If you still feel the same way when we are back in stadiums then stay away if that makes you feel better.

1 hour ago, Floatn Over said:

What a ridiculous idea.

Think some people need to get the current manager/coach appointment situation and the financial difficulties all clubs are and will continue to experience into perspective.  In 1982 we so nearly lost this club, I wouldn’t want to go through that situation ever again.

We have a lot to be thankful for and if it turns out to be DH appointed then so be it as far as I’m concerned, we need to support the club end of.

Also, how the hell have we been lied to, please do tell.

Sorry, that doesn't make sense.... We were chasimg Gerrard a few weeks ago and happy to spend millions

2 hours ago, Oops said:

The merchandise boycotts itself by being overpriced crap.

Haha, this.

I can't remember the last time I bought merchandise, every time I go in the shop looking for something smart like a polo, I come away laughing at the quality for the price they want. Maybe it'll be better under Hummel, quality wise, but I'm not holding my breath.

13 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

Were we Matthew? Really? Gerard himself seems to think not from what I've seen and heard. 

And City apparently contacted Rangers to say that they have not contacted Gerrard or his reps.

Won't stop people saying "yeah, but he would say that wouldn't he"...

3 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

I remember the last boycott when there was going to be a mass demonstration by staying in the concourse for the second half of a game. Ended up with about 6 sad sods on their own in the concourse :laughcont:

But you carry on - best of luck.

I think I know 5 of them!

2 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

Don't buy merchandise but will stop my monthly direct debit for my SC, 10 other I go with feel the same. 

Wouldn't you be on breach of contract for cancelling a DD? Not sure of the ins and outs of credit agreements, especially in times like this. Anyone got any ideas if this is plausible?

11 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Wouldn't you be on breach of contract for cancelling a DD? Not sure of the ins and outs of credit agreements, especially in times like this. Anyone got any ideas if this is plausible?

Yes you would be breaking the terms of the agreement, not a wise move to cancel a DD.

3 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

Frickin genius. Our club going through times of financial difficulty which no doubt is impacting things at the moment and because you're unhappy that the Head Coach is taking ages to appoint you suggest boycotting one of the remaining income streams that the club relies on. What do you think would happen if everyone followed your master plan? 

Also, why have we been lied to?

Edit: don't take the tone personally (I'm sure you haven't), but some of the posts on here about the current situation and the board is just unbeleivable.

Do you think the club have shown the same regard for us as fans, many of whom will also be going through financial difficulty, with the pricing of their new merchandise?

Why should we support a revenue stream that rips us off?

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

Do you think the club have shown the same regard for us as fans, many of whom will also be going through financial difficulty, with the pricing of their new merchandise?

Why should we support a revenue stream that rips us off?

I'm in the same boat and still awaiting a refund so I get it BUT the people who the fans are angry at, e.g. the board, arent the 'Club' which would cease to exist if it didn't have the finances.

1 minute ago, Loco Rojo said:

I'm in the same boat and still awaiting a refund so I get it BUT the people who the fans are angry at, e.g. the board, arent the 'Club' which would cease to exist if it didn't have the finances.

Club finances are not an excuse to overcharge supporters. Maybe they might even make more money if they priced items more reasonably and sold more.

Once again as football fans we have sleptwalked into a situation where we are happy to pay over the odds for things so the club pay pay average footballers more in a week than many earn in a year.

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Club finances are not an excuse to overcharge supporters. Maybe they might even make more money if they priced items more reasonably and sold more.

Once again as football fans we have sleptwalked into a situation where we are happy to pay over the odds for things so the club pay pay average footballers more in a week than many earn in a year.

No one forces you to buy the merch and this isnt a City issue - you're highlighting a football issue - every club does it (not saying that makes it right).

1 hour ago, RedRoss said:

You won't be able to stop going to something you can't go to currently?

Maybe the solution is to moan to your mates or partner if they even care with an old post or two on here and support your team in the meantime.

If you still feel the same way when we are back in stadiums then stay away if that makes you feel better.

On it ?

I thought this page was for supporters. There’s no guarantee any of us will see the start of the season live. Even if there is can you all get on bus or visit a toilet half time.?No income coming in , staff redundancies and you want us to boycott the shop, spend millions on a new management structure, with no big signings and Diedhou and Ellison on their way. Seems City needs true supporters at this difficult time.

Archived